No announcement yet.

Loki (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    After watching the episode a few times I’m curious if…[SPOILER]Kang the Conqueror will be introduced by the end of this season/series and will lead into him becoming the big bad of this phase in the MCU? I did notice when Miss Minutes was explaining the purpose of the TVA, he was shown as one of the Time Keepers (as some pointed out in reviews) and supposedly Lovecraft Country’s Jonathan Majors has been cast in the role. [/SPOILER]
    It is possible. The judge at Loki's trial is Ravonna Renslayer. In the comics, Ravonna is the lover of Kang.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Episode 2:

Mobius has never met the Time-Keepers... I smell a scam. C-20 keeps saying (shocked) "it's real". Did Lady Loki reveal some secret about the TVA, that rocked C-20 to her core?

Minor theory, following episode 2:

The bombing of the sacred timeline will result in the old TV shows (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter(?), Daredevil, Inhumans, Runaways, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Cloak & Dagger) being established to be taking place in alternate realities (rather than the MCU). Freeing Fiege from their continuity.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Season 1 Episode 2: The Variant

The back and forth banter between Mobius and Loki was on point. It’s great to see that Loki’s tricks aren’t having much effect on the TVA.

[SPOILER] It’s interesting to know that the TVA have dealt with other versions of Loki before…it makes sense that with all the other Lokis, there would be a female Loki too. It also makes sense that they’d probably have different personalities cause…

While she was body swapping she didn’t sound like the Loki that we’ve come to know and love.

It was clever that she was hiding in times/locations where apocalypses/doomsday events would strike killing millions who would have died any way (e.g Pompeii).

It kind of figures that Loki would follow her through the portal when the doorway lingered open; though he did hesitate but, she was counting on it. Our Loki can’t help but to know more and we as the audience want to know more too…

Was her attempt to create all those timeline branches for the shear chaos of it all to “sacred timeline” and/or is that just distraction for Loki’s bigger goal of overthrowing the Time Keepers and dismantling the TVA? I mean that’s our Loki’s plan maybe Lady Loki figured it out.

I suspect that they’re not going to be able fix what Lady Loki has done by season/series end…enter Doctor Strange 2 (more so than Spider-Man obviously).

The bigger take from this episode is that nothing is certain at this pint. It very well could be that the Time Keepers and the TVA are the real threat; it’s the whole conversation about free will. There does seem to be “smoke and mirror” with them. Curious to see if Renslayer is in on it too.
        [/SPOILER]

It was another solid episode but, I hope we get a bit more action along with the exposition. I just need to see more.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 04:31 AM.

Comment

After watching some reviews on YouTube and a quick wiki search, there seems to be a strong possibility that [SPOILER]Lady Loki could be in fact Amora the Enchantress or a version of the Enchantress. I don’t put too much stock on a Wikipedia page that looks to have been recently edited due to this latest episode’s release. I did find an article that had snapshots of the after credits where supposedly in other countries the actress is credited as “Sylvie” who again based on the wiki page is the second Enchantress[/SPOILER]…so who knows but, we’re already almost half way through this series, things should hopefully be picking up by next episode

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              After watching some reviews on YouTube and a quick wiki search, there seems to be a strong possibility that [SPOILER]Lady Loki could be in fact Amora the Enchantress or a version of the Enchantress. I don’t put too much stock on a Wikipedia page that looks to have been recently edited due to this latest episode’s release. I did find an article that had snapshots of the after credits where supposedly in other countries the actress is credited as “Sylvie” who again based on the wiki page is the second Enchantress[/SPOILER]…so who knows but, we’re already almost half way through this series, things should hopefully be picking up by next episode
              The file that Loki reads about himself contains the name "Sylvie Laufeydottir". Checked out a few of those Youtube videos, and it seems like the whole Enchantress thing stems from them trying to explain away why she doesn't look like Tom Hiddleston. The truth is that previous installments, over the past 10 years, have established Loki as being a shapeshifter (Dark World have him take on the form of Odin. Ragnarok have Thor mention that Loki once transformed into a snake). The first episode establishes Loki as being gender fluid. How would that (physically) manifest itself in a person who is a shapeshifter? Through a literal transformation: when Loki's gender identity leans more towards masculine, Loki looks like Tom Hiddleston. When Loki's gender identity leans more towards feminine, Loki looks like Sophia Di Martino. As for the name, it is likely the name that she prefers to go by. In episode 2, she objects to being called "Loki". Could be because Loki (Hiddleston) is deadnaming her.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

When C-20 and her team show up at the Renaissance fair, a woman (dressed in period costume) is critical of their incorrect clothes and notes: "Some of us need this, you know." I like that they had that character be a woman, rather than the stereotypical nerdy guy that is often the focus in such scenarios.

Comment

Season 1 Episode 3: Lamentis

I was a little bit bored with this episode even though it had a bit more action than the previous two episodes. It was just too much “talky talky” for me. I understand that that’s Loki’s strongest trait. I just wanted the plot to move along; we still don’t know what exactly [SPOILER]Lady Loki’s goal is (if it’s not to over throw the Time Keepers). I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s to expose them for the frauds they seem to be[/SPOILER]. It also didn’t help that it was the shortest of the episodes.

[SPOILER] At least we got confirmation that those that work for the TVA are actually in fact variants themselves.

It also seems that Sylvie is an amalgamation of both Lady Loki and Enchantress. Our Loki and Sylvie share similar upbringings but, at some point things changed for her. Now she prefers to be called Sylvie who has different abilities than our Loki. So eventually she will be called Enchantress.

So curious if Mobius’ fascination with water skiing is just part of his memories trying to resurface. My theory is that if/when variants start to regain their old memories they’re reset. This would explain Mobius and the rings on the desk; He keeps putting the mug without the coaster, it’s just a memory reflex. He’s also the agent that gives Renslayer all the souvenirs from past missions; he just doesn’t remember.

I expect that the TVA will be rescuing them before Lamentis-1 is destroyed at the beginning of the next episode.
                  [/SPOILER]
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Episode 3:

Like I suspected, C-20 and the other TVA folks are people taken from various places and had their minds wiped. This was an episode that was needed for us to get to know Sylvie better. Establishing that she truly is a Loki variant (Loki's line questioning it was clearly a prediction of viewers being skeptical of the idea). The bit with Loki shapeshifting into that woman's husband was clearly there to remind people that Loki is a shapeshifter (hence why Sylvie doesn't look like Tom Hiddleston). The conversation on the train also allowed them to establish Loki's bisexuality.

I have my doubts that the Tempad really is destroyed (Loki is a trickster). Next episode, Loki will reveal the truth. It's charged... and they'll save all the people on Lamentis-1.

Found out that Monique Ganderton (Alia on Smallville.... along with a hell of a lot of other credits in this genre. Both as an actress and stunt performer/cordinator) is the second unit director.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

[SPOILER] There may be something to Loki having enchanted Sylvie to which everything after she wakes up has been an illusion made by Loki. Even I found it odd that she just fell asleep like that with Loki around. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Loki has another tempad, the broken one was another illusion and/or he was able to recharge the tempad.[/SPOILER] We’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

Comment

Season 1 Episode 4: The Nexus Event

Well this was a much better episode than the previous one and they finally had an after credits scene. So many questions and only two episodes left.

[SPOILER] It’s been apparent that there was something up with the TVA from the beginning. I’m glad that the Time Keepers turned out to be animatronics (smoke & mirror). So now the biggest mystery is who created the TVA?

Has Renslayer always been aware that they were all variants and that the Time Keepers were fake?!? I would have been disappointed if these Time Keepers were real. Renslayer has to be working with someone (presumably Kang the Conqueror).

Are variants people that bring chaos? It’s clear that we need Loki to bring the chaos. And Loki(s) bring the most chaos. It’s a necessary balance. Other series have had similar concepts of utopian societies only to find out that they came with a price.

Now as for Sylvie…why would they take a kid that young? If Sylvie was a variant from birth why wouldn’t they have taken her from conception. I’m calling it…At this point Sylvie will become the Enchantress. She doesn’t want to be referred to as a Loki but, something different.

Going back to the title of this episode…Is the fact that our Loki (after only a few hours) with Sylvie fallen in love with her a “Nexus Event”?… which caused the timeline branch to shot straight up. How narcissistic is that!😂

So I’m curious, if Sylvie’s plan included “waking” Hunter C-20 and B-15 or was just what happens when she digs around in their memories. This explains Mobuis’ fascination with Jet Skis…whoever he use to be loved jet skiing.

So was Mobuis pruned or transported somewhere else? Supposedly in the comics he’s actually a clone who’s been duplicated a bunch of times…hopefully we get the one we’ve come to know back.

It was a fun scene bringing Jaimie Alexander back as Lady Sif…especially in a time loop where she keeps smacking and punching him for cutting a piece of her hair😂; no matter what he did she always ends up saying the he will always be alone; that would break anyone after awhile which was the point.

Now as for that after credits scene. Are we going to have a Loki war with the TVA? Where does Richard E. Grant’s Loki fit into it…My theory old Loki has been behind it all (if not Kang the Conqueror).
                          [/SPOILER].

Again, so many questions and so little time until the end of this season/series.
                          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Enter Richard E. Grant as "Classic Loki" (hence the OG comic look. Is it just an homage or is he literally from the comic book universe/Earth-616?), and Jack Veal as Kid Loki (just announce Young Avengers already, Feige!).

Fun way to bring back Sif. We haven't seen her in the better part of almost a decade (can we pretend that... those two appearances didn't happen?).

Was no expecting Mobius to be killed (or B-15 to become an ally). When it looked like Loki was killed I thought that they were doing something unexpected (killing off the protagonist. Naturally, to then bring in another variant Loki).

What Sylvie's nexus event was probably doesn't matter. Just like the dude in witness protection over on Wandavision. I could see it tie into Loki's fluid gender identity. This Loki learned to shapeshift, and began presenting as a girl... while the "sacred timeline" (in the eyes of the TVA) dictated something so trivial as Loki looking like Tom Hiddleston. Really shows how much of a facist organisation they are.

Figured that the Time Keepers would turn out to be fakes, when we first saw them in the episode. The big question is if Kang or someone else turns out to be behind all of this.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Comment

Episode 5:

Fun little easter eggs with the Thanos-copter and Frog Thor (09:10).

Looked up Alioth. In the comics, he is connected to Kang.

Classic Loki's story opens the possibility that Loki didn't actually die in Infinity War, but was another MCU fake death. Maybe the Dark World/Ragnarok/Infinity War Loki shows up in the finale.
                                Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎