No announcement yet.

Shower

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower

Author's note: Re-upload due to server crash.

Chapter 1

Lois sat up on the exam table, looking at her wristwatch and took a deep breath.
    “Come on. Come on. I’m not spending the whole afternoon in a hospital gown.” Said Lois, as she tried to pull the back together, when the door opened. A thin man, with a cane, entered the exam room. The man took a pill bottle out of his pocket and took a handful.
    “Hello, sick person. I’m Dr. Gregory House… and you’re Vivian Sternwood Rutledge.” Said the doctor.
    “Lois Lane.” Lois protested, as Dr. House looked at the patient chart in his hand, then up at Lois.
    “But, of course, you are.” Dr. House smirked. The door opened; another doctor entered the exam room. The new one looked like Bruce Wayne on a bad day.
    “House”, the new doctor said, “You’re in the wrong room, again. Your patient is in exam room one.” Dr. House smirked, exiting the room. “I’m sorry about that, I’m Dr. Doug Ross. How may I help you, today?” Dr. Ross smiled.
    “I’ve been feeling this odd lump in my throat.” Dr. Ross examined her throat with his magnificent hands.
    “Well, I can’t feel anything. Open, please.” Dr. Ross inserted a scope in her mouth. “No, doesn’t seem to be anything. But I’d recommend that we’d have a more complete examination, just to be on the safe side. I’ll schedule an appointment for you. Does next Thursday work?”
    “Yes.”
    Dr. Ross smiled. “Good. You can get dressed again, Ms. Lane.” He exited the room, giving her space to change. Lois put on her gray pantsuit, muttering to herself.
    “All of that, for a five-minute exam…?”
    Lois left the exam room, walked through the reception and out into the parking lot. As she approached her car, she could see that she had a flat tire.
    “Oh, crap.” She opened the trunk; nothing, she exhaled. “Crap.”
    A car honked behind her. A silver Aston Martin DB5. The driver, a dark-haired man, wearing a tuxedo popped his head out.
    “Excuse me, Miss. Do you need any assistance?” The dark-haired man said, smiling.
    “No thank you, I’ll call AAA.” Lois looked at her phone. “Crap, no battery.” She noticed the time. “Crap, I’m going to be late.”
    “Do you need a lift?” The dark-haired man asked.
    Lois checked if her taser was still in her purse. “I wouldn’t normally, but I’m desperate. Can you take me to the Daily Planet?”
    “Yes. Hop in. Call me JB, everyone does.” Lois got into the passenger seat. The Aston Martin exited the parking lot and entered the busy Metropolis street.
    “So, you’re English?”
    JB smiled. “Yes, I am.” JB stopped at a crossing. A car rushed past them. “Huh, that driver’s Napoleon Solo.” Two more cars sped past, shooting at the first car. “In a spot of trouble, it would seem. My dear, I’m afraid that I can’t take you any further.” JB opened the passenger door, as Lois reluctantly exited the car. The Aston Martin drove off, in the same direction as the other cars.
    Lois looked around, then in her purse, while she was standing on the sidewalk. Not enough money for a cab. Lois raised her thumb. She had no other choice. A 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance pulled over. On the door a figure of a ghost, with a red line over it. The driver was a brunette man, wearing a brown jumpsuit, with the name “Stantz” written on it.
    “Where are you going?” Stantz asked.
    “The Daily Planet…”
    “I’m sorry, I’m going another way.”
    “Thanks.” A frustrated Lois let out, when a ghost appearing in the passenger seat popped up.
    “Hi,” said the ghost, “I’m Casper.” Lois screamed.
    “I’m sorry about that, Miss. Casper, behave.” Stantz said, as they drove off.
    “What was that?” Lois asked, before looking at her wristwatch. She had no choice. Lois took off her shoes and began running down the sidewalk. She almost ran out, in front of a 1979 Ferrari 308GTS, driven by a man with curly hair and a mustache. Next to him a middle-aged woman.
    “My dear, are you alright?” Asked the middle-aged woman.
    “Yes, I’m fine.” Lois looked at the woman. “Hey, you’re that mystery writer, Jessica Fletcher.”
    “Yes, and this is Mr. Thomas Magnum.” The curly haired man smiled.
    “Listen, can you two give me a ride to the Daily Planet?”
    “I’m sorry.” Magnum said. “We’re in the middle of a case.” The Ferrari drove off.
    Lois looked at her wristwatch. “I’m never going to make it.” She leaned against the doors of a strange blue phone wooden box. The doors gave way. She fell inside. Her eyes widened. Lois ran outside, took one lap around the box marked “Police”, then back inside. Looking around at a vast spaceship. At a consul stood a man dressed in an ivory safari-styled jacket and a yellow pullover that sported cherry question marks.
    “It’s bigger on the inside.” Lois exclaimed.
    “Excuse me, can I help you?” The man asked.
    “Who are you? What is this place?”
    “I’m the Doctor and this is the Tardis. Best ship in the universe.” The man said.
    “Ship? Listen, can you get me to the Daily Planet?”
    The Doctor smiled. “But, of course.” He pressed some buttons on the consul. The doors closed; the whole room started to shake.
    “What’s going on?” Everything stopped.
    “There, we’ve arrived at our destination.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “Outside of those doors is the Daily Planet. Go ahead and take a look.” Lois stepped through the door. It was a bar – some time in the 1980s, judging by the fashions. A heavy-set man, wearing a gray suit, entered the bar.
    “Norm!” Everyone screamed.
    “How’s it going, Mr. Petersen.” Asked a young bartender. Lois did not stick around, to hear the heavy-set man’s reply. She got back into the Tardis.
    “This is not the Daily Planet. Doesn’t even appear to be the present.”
    “I’m sorry.” The Doctor pressed some buttons again. “Sometimes, the Tardis is difficult to fly.” The whole room shook again, then stopped. Lois stepped outside, into a Victorian era apartment. By the fireplace were two men, dressed in suits and passionately kissing.
    “Excuse me?” Lois said, prompting the two men to break apart, acting like nothing had happened. “Where am I?”
    “Did you see anything?” Ask one of the men, who sported a mustache.
    “Nothing that I haven’t seen before.” Lois chuckled. The other man grabbed a pipe.
    “Watson!” The man said to the one with a mustache. “We must hurry to the Abbey Grange. There’s been a murder.”
    “Right away, Holmes.” Watson responded. “Mrs. Hudson will see you out, young lady.” Both men exited the apartment in a hurry. Lois stepped back into the Tardis.
    “Where did we end up?” The Doctor asked.
    “Baker Street. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.” Lois punched the air. “I freaking knew it.”
    “Knew what?”
    “Oh, nothing. Can we please get to the Daily Planet?” The Doctor pressed a button, the Tardis shook again for a moment. Lois walked back to the door. “Please, let this be it.” She stepped out, into the Daily Planet bullpen. Lois grabbed a newspaper, looking at the date: October 16, 2021.
    “Did we get to the right place, this time?” Asked the Doctor, as his head popped out of the Tardis.
    “Yes, thank you.” Lois rushed up the stairs, not noticing that the Tardis dematerialized behind her. Lois grabbed the nearest elevator. “There’s still time. There’s still time!” The doors opened. Lois ran out, almost knocking down Torchy Blane – Lois never cared for her anyway. Like an arrow, Lois flew across the office to the door of Perry White.
    “Perry?” Lois knocked, as the door opened. An overweight, balding short man opened it.
    “Can I help you?” The man asked.
    “I’m here to see Mr. White. About the Agrabah assignment.”
    “Well, he isn’t here, young lady. Had to go away. Some business involving some FBI folks named Mulder and Scully. I’m Lou Grant, I’m the acting editor-in-chief, until he returns.”
    “I’m Lois Lane.”
    “Kid, you’ve got spunk.” Lou Grant spit. “I hate it!” The ground started to shake.
    “Now what?” Lois asked, rushing up to a window. She could see Godzilla rampaging through the streets, knocking down buildings. Towards Godzilla came King Kong, who hit his mighty fists against his chest. The two began to hit each other. Godzilla activated his atomic breath, but Kong knocked him over. Sending the beam from Godzilla’s atomic breath, towards the Daily Planet. Right at the window, where Lois was standing.
    “Oh, hell.” Exclaimed Lois.

Chapter 2
    Lois twisted her arms and legs, before sitting up. She was in her bed. Lois buried her face in her hands, before running them through her hair. She could hear water running in the bathroom. She got up, walked into the bathroom and opened the shower door. Clark turned around, smiling at her.
    “Hi, there.” He said. “What’s the matter? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. Lois?”
    “Clark, what’s the date?”
    “October 21, 2021. Why do you ask?” Clark stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around himself.
    “I had a dream. It was awful. There were all of these random fictional characters, from different franchises, all running into me. Didn’t seem to be a point to it all.”
    Clark hugged her. “Is this because we watched that X-Files episode, where that cop from Law & Order shows up, last night?”
    “I don’t get why they do those things? That means that Caroline in the City and the X-Files are in the same shared universe.”
    “Well, you know, Lois… It’s just a ploy to boost ratings. Best to just ignore the crossover. Just laugh it off. It doesn’t matter. I doubt that the writers give it much thought.”
    “I just wish that they would stop.” Clark turned his head. “What is it?”
    “Atomic Skull. He’s attacking STAR Labs.”
    “Too bad that you’re not Superman, anymore…” Lois chuckled.
    “What are you talking about?” Clark frowned, before dressing up in his Superman suit, at super speed. “Don’t tell me that you saw that too, in your weird crossover dream.”
    “Yes, but now that I think about it, that whole thing was filled with inconsistencies about our lives. You just have to take one look at it, and you could tell.”
    Clark kissed her. “Love you.” He flew away at super speed.
    “Excuse me…?” Asked a man’s voice, from the shower. Lois turned around to see a naked Bobby Ewing. “Is Pam up, yet?”
    “Um, no…”
    “Well, when she does, you can tell her where to find me.” Bobby smiled and closed the shower door.

Comment

Chapter 3
      Dr. Donald Westphall bent down on the living room floor.
      “Tommy?” Dr. Westphall asked the young boy, holding a snow globe. “Come and wash your hands. It’s time for dinner.” The boy shook the snow globe and smiled. Dr. Westphall smiled. What could the boy be thinking about? Dr. Westphall looked at the snow globe. In it, a small yellow farmhouse and a red barn.
      The End

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎