No announcement yet.

James Bond: No Time To Die (2020)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Bond: No Time To Die (2020)

The 25th James Bond movie has an official title, No Time To Die, with Daniel Craig returning as the superspy.

In the film...Bond is relaxing in Jamaica when his old friend Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain (Rami Malek) armed with dangerous new technology.

Christoph Waltz, Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, Naomie Harris, and Ralph Fiennes also return.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/james-b...ie-1202672324/
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-04-2019, 07:52 PM.

It's difficult to go to the movies anymore. I would like to see this one, but I'll wait for some reviews. I've heard the rumors about Indiana Jones being replaced...I can't watch anymore of this woke garbage.

Comment

I've watched no less than six reviews of people that have seen it. This movie isn't James Bond. It's a woke piece of garbage. Bond is presented as an alcoholic. Q is referenced as being gay. Felix Lighter and Bond both die. A woman in a dress and high heels can beat up on a room full of bad guys while Bond struggles with a single bad guy. The woman of color who takes his 007 number constantly criticizes him throughout the movie. The nanites with some sort of virus can be programmed to kill certain races of people. Really?!? Like we really needed that to bring people together...

Comment

Hollywood and Disney plans to "demasculate" (new word fitting to the times) by destroying fictional heroes with history and tradition. I have no desire to waste my money or 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life on this garbage. For those of you interested in seeing this, good luck. Indiana Jones is next.

Comment

As a standalone movie, it's pretty good in terms of storyline, direction and acting. The story is interesting and remains that way despite of the length, Fukunaga's direction is spot on and visually beautiful and Daniel Craig delivers, undoubtedly, his most emotional performance.

The problem is that it's just not a James Bond movie. Granted, they didn't inject as much feminist propaganda into it as I feared they would, but I refuse to praise a franchise movie (a Bond movie, no less) for not being too woke. It still deviated from what makes Bond movies work.

I am with Glove on this one. Hollywood, due to the current climate, just can't let iconic franchises be anymore. They have to paint them over with the kind of ideology that they think is acceptable right now. No matter how much this dilutes the original concept and premise of the franchises. And if you object to that, you are called at best "out of touch" and at worst a "racist" or a "sexist". And I suspect that Indiana Jones wasn't brought up randomly. Phoebe Waller-Bridge has a hand in that franchise as well. She may not write it, but she's set to co-star along with Ford and will probably take over the mantle.

In light of all that, one might ask "Why doesn't Hollywood simply come up with new ideas for movies that would freely impart all kinds of identity politics tropes in them without anyone objecting"? Well, because no one would watch those movies and Hollywood producers are too lazy right now. They would rather reboot/remake franchises with an existing audience, trick this fanbase into thinking they will get what they loved originally and then "subvert their expectations", as a certain genius once said. Those who watched Netflix's Masters of the Universe show will know what I mean.

Anyway, I got carried away in my rant. The big question as far as this franchise goes is what's next. Many will wonder who will be the next Bond. There are many decent choices out there, with Idris Elba and Henry Cavill at the top of the list. My worry is somewhat different. We will get a Bond actor no matter what and he will grow into the role. But can a Bond movie, the way we know it, even exist anymore? No Time To Die is a clear deviation that just about got away with it because it's the last hurrah of Craig's aging Bond. Now they have to find someone who will play Bond, single and in his prime. Will they have the guts to portray him as the character Ian Fleming envisioned? Highly unlikely.
          Last edited by costas22; 10-13-2021, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Disappointment instead of positive emotions. The only virtue of the film for me is Daniel Craig himself, a charismatic actor who for me is well suited for this role. Everything else is a minus. The choice of actors, especially for the role of Bond's girlfriend, is a complete failure, the script, according to which Bond suddenly becomes a sentimental family man, I wouldn't imagine in my darkest dreams, I won't even say anything about the role of a villain, a completely thoughtless character, etc. I think the Bond era is over in this film, and I definitely will not watch its continuation even if it comes.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎