Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville: A comic book inspired SimCity 4 City Journal.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville: A comic book inspired SimCity 4 City Journal.

Welcome to my latest creative endeavour.

Over the past few weeks, I have been coming up with a new way to tell the Smallville story we all know and love. I will be adapting the Smallville TV show into comic book form and adding in a new special twist.

In order to keep this re-telling fresh and exciting, I will be using the best selling PC game SimCity 4 to completely recreate Smallville, Metropolis and the surrounding area's. I will also be working with friends to recreate area's that appear in the show. (Paris, New York, China, Egypt etc.)

This means that whenever you would have seen a shot of Cloverdale, Surrey or Vancouver representing Smallville and Metropolis they will now be built inside of SimCity 4.

I hope each of you will enjoy what I have created and I look forward to hearing any comments and constructive criticism you have for me.

To start it all off I will be showing a few models I have created so far as well as the first 3 pages of the first issue of my adaptation which I have titled Secret Origins: Part One.

I'd also like to say that I take no credit in writing the content I am using has that belongs to the show's creators, however, I may edit the stories to fix some issues, errors etc.

Anyways on with the content!

Smallville 3D models:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Models.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	6628887

Now the main preview, here are the first 4 pages from Issue #1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Cover.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	6628888Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 1.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	6628889Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 2.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	6628890Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 3.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	6628891

I hope you enjoyed this little preview. Development is still underway and I hope to be able to share some more images soon.

If there is anyone else out there who knows how to 3D model or has any experience with Photoshop and would love to help out I would welcome it and appreciate it. Feel free to shoot me a message.

dp
    Last edited by Derekthomasp89; 06-05-2019, 06:29 PM.

that's a pretty neat idea.

I'd like to see full screenshots of your sim city based on those locations when you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
      that's a pretty neat idea.

I'd like to see full screenshots of your sim city based on those locations when you're done.
      Thanks, it's going to take a while with all the modeling I have to do, unless you know of anyone who has the skills to help out. :P

dp

Comment

what kind of models are you looking for? I happen to be able to do some 3d modelling myself. I suck hard at putting obj files into games as mods though, because my biggest weakness is game coding. but I don't mind if you were to use some 3d models I made for your game?

Comment

Hey Aurora,

I'm currently looking for help with modeling people that I can integrate into other models i have done. These people would be members of the Smallville cast Johnathan, Lionel, Lex, Clark etc.

Derek
          Last edited by Derekthomasp89; 06-12-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

hmm. so you want people-shaped props that look like them inside sim city 4? hmm. they'd have to be low poly to work in a game like sim city 4 though? or do you just want low-res posable models that you can fiddle around in a 3d modeling program and take screenshots of instead of having it actually be in the game itself.

I'm just wondering how much detail we'd be able to cram into a game like that... wondering about the mechanics of that.

Comment

Hey Aurora,

Low poly 3d models that i can move and pose would be fine. as long as they look like the actors from a far they will do the job they need to do.

Derek

Comment

Whoa! Hello everyone!

Okay so it's been a while but I have decided to get back into the project over the Christmas break. Here are a few updates on the modelling. If there is anyone who has talent in 3d modeling of photoshop and would love to assist and help out please reach out to me

The Smallville Savings and Loan (a work in progress)

Fordman's Department Store (another work in progress)

The Talon Theater/Nell's Flower Store (another work in progress)

Various Smallville citizen's vehicles, do you recognize them?

Thank you for checking in, please follow me on Twitter for more updates, my profile can be found using the link below.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎