0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Great exit for Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak for 7 seasons of Arrow. Now we know how Crisis will go down.

Comment

They had a lot of ground to cover and checkpoints to cover re: Oliver's legacy, setting the stage for S8, tie-ins to the Crisis situation, the flashforwards and Felicity's swan song as a main roster character. So it was a ... busy ... finale.

The Emiko/Ninth circle arc seemed to be rushed at the end, but that arc has been bumpy these last few eps. Same with the flashforwards. They've largely wrapped up most of this season's plots on both fronts.

Since it was Felicity's checkout episode as a main character, they gave us a snapshot of Oliver's "normal" life. But Oliver always had his deal with the Monitor hovering over him, so that normalcy was always fleeting. It will soon be time for heroes to make tough choices, so it was good to see Oliver understand that. Don't blame either of them for being upset that Crisis is pulling them away, though Felicity briefly going on about what they have is bigger than the universe was a bit much.

It's looking more likely that Oliver won't reverse course on this, with last ep's Tommy hallucination hammering it home, and he won't waver when the time comes to make the ultimate choice in Crisis.

With S7 done, I'd place it in the middle of the pack. It's better than S6, but not by much. It had a solid first half with the prison arc -- it was among the best across the Arrowverse -- but the second half couldn't sustain it. It was too busy from midseason on, with the flashforwards ramping up. Emiko/Ninth Circle and flashforwards subplots were hit or miss with only some good moments.

My season rankings top to bottom (so far): S1, S5, S2, S7, S6, S3, S4.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
        They had a lot of ground to cover and checkpoints to cover re: Oliver's legacy, setting the stage for S8, tie-ins to the Crisis situation, the flashforwards and Felicity's swan song as a main roster character. So it was a ... busy ... finale.

The Emiko/Ninth circle arc seemed to be rushed at the end, but that arc has been bumpy these last few eps. Same with the flashforwards. They've largely wrapped up most of this season's plots on both fronts.

Since it was Felicity's checkout episode as a main character, they gave us a snapshot of Oliver's "normal" life. But Oliver always had his deal with the Monitor hovering over him, so that normalcy was always fleeting. It will soon be time for heroes to make tough choices, so it was good to see Oliver understand that. Don't blame either of them for being upset that Crisis is pulling them away, though Felicity briefly going on about what they have is bigger than the universe was a bit much.

It's looking more likely that Oliver won't reverse course on this, with last ep's Tommy hallucination hammering it home, and he won't waver when the time comes to make the ultimate choice in Crisis.

With S7 done, I'd place it in the middle of the pack. It's better than S6, but not by much. It had a solid first half with the prison arc -- it was among the best across the Arrowverse -- but the second half couldn't sustain it. It was too busy from midseason on, with the flashforwards ramping up. Emiko/Ninth Circle and flashforwards subplots were hit or miss with only some good moments.

My season rankings top to bottom (so far): S1, S5, S2, S7, S6, S3, S4.
        The whole Emiko/Ninth Circle arc was pretty weak. For an group that's supposed to be deadly, they were swatted like flies. And Emiko never seemed like a legit threat. I know it's unfair to compare her to the likes of Slade Wilson, Adrian Chase, Damien Darhk, Merlyn, and even The Dragon, but they didn't build her up as a top tier villain.....Dante was more imposing and we saw what happened with him...

As for Felicity....yeah that bit about what they had was bigger than the universe was a bit much. And in the future, she leaves her kids who despite being able to take care of themselves, still wanted her to be with them but she leaves to be with where Oliver is. I found that to be a bit much as well because her kids wanted her to stay with them.

Comment

I do feel bad about Dante. It might have been better if they built him up more -- Adrian Paul would have sold it ... then Emiko blindsiding him to take over Ninth Circle. I think time was the villains' greatest enemy in S8, and to make space for Emiko's arc they needed to ice the Dragon and give Dante a rushed quickening. There can be only one (Big Bad) at a time, apparently.

I'm hoping Oliver's S8 is something like a tour of the Multiverse up to Crisis, where we get to see possible futures or realities. We'll probably see how the remaining team continues his legacy, but I'd be okay if the flashforwards were done for good. They will have no time for filler at all.

Comment

I'm curious how many episode they do for Infinite Crisis. It's likely to be the biggest crossover to date so I don't think 3-4 will be enough. I'm guessing they do it The Defenders style with 8.....they can pull 2 episodes each from Flash, Supergirl and Legends to accomplish this because let's face it, those shows usually have at least 2 episodes per season of filler stuff anyways.

Comment

Based on how much they've told us about Oliver's future with the crisis, I wouldn't be surprised at all if at the end the Monitor lets him live and he and Felicity raise William and Mia.

Comment

Crisis is apparently going to be 5 parts that will spill over into the midseason second half in 2020. Legends will be involved.

My guess is Arrow will probably be the Crisis cliffhanger before the Xmas break.

Comment

Since they're casting a grown-up John Jr. for the flash-forwards, that timeline isn't done at all. Odds are, The CW is at least going to test a spin-off with the future characters. Some fans have been open to it for months in comment sections for episode recaps.

Comment

The flash forwards were still the best parts for me, the ninth circle was kinda meh.
                    I had a problem with the level of evilness that Emiko had. And when she finally did turn good, she died in a rather anti climactic way.

The fight scenes were really awesome though this year.
                    And especially all of Roy's scenes reestablished my feelings that he should have stayed in the show instead of many of the other characters.

But to be fair the rest of team arrow WAS a lot better in this season. Renee and Dinah redeemed themselves alot.
                    The flashforward characters were all better though, especially Mia, Zoe and Connor. I even liked old Dinah, Rene more. And Roy of course.

As for my ranking of Seasons, I would also put it in the middle, but the ranking itself is a little different:
                    From best to worst:
                    2, 1, 3, 7, 6=5, 4

What is funny though is that for the most part, seasons tend to start awesome, but the second part always gets worse.
                    1 and 2 are exceptions as they stayed good, while 4 was just bad from the beginning. I mean really really bad thoughout the whole season.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎