No announcement yet.

"Snow Pack" LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snow Pack" LIVE Discussion Thread!

Talk about the April 23 episode of The Flash here!

First and foremost, that Barry vs. Iris argument at the beginning was hands down the best scene of the entire episode and one of the best performances from Grant and Candice in the entire series. I think that was actually the first real super serious fight they had all series. The good part about the scene is both sides were right and wrong at the same time. Although I still think Barry was way out of line to just leave Nora in the future without telling nobody, he's not wrong to feel angry about the situation or that she lied from day 1 and still kept going to see him or that Thawne was manipulating her (which he definitely is). In comes Iris to call him out on his constant emotional decision-making and then I like how she brought up Flashpoint as an example of it and then leaving her to live in the speed force (not a fair example, since him not doing that would result in everyone's death) and not even giving her a chance to talk to her.

One standout moment in that argument was him raising his voice and taken aback when Iris said she wasn't bothered by her working with Thawne of all people, and then he adds if it was your life you'd understand. Kinda sided with him on that because even though she wasn't doing it out of malice she was still working with Thawne even after learning about him, and quite frankly someone found to have been working with my enemy and lying about it would definitely bother me.

The rest of the episode should've just been called "The Flash & The Restless" because family issues seemed to be the theme of it all, with Caitlin calling out mom on not telling her about Icicle being alive and later finding out Caitlin didn't even tell her mom she was engaged to Ronnie way back when. That's a bit messed up, Cait. I did kinda care more about the West-Allen family drama than this but the final ice slide showdown between Icicle and Caitlin was cool and nice to look at.

Then the rest of the episode just got upended when Cicada II shows up at random, fights and kills Icicle just after he became good again. I wasn't a fan of that because aside from him somehow getting back in the room to shield Caitlin from the dagger without being seen, it killed off what should've been a more interesting recurring villain.

Oh, and Barry and Iris reconcile, but Nora's now back and she's evil now. Based on next week's promotion, everyone's in trouble.

Comment

Killing off her dad was dumb, but I guess now her mom will become the next Icicle?

I just think they have juggled too much this season with the 2 Cicadas, Reverse Flash and now evil Nora and trying to fit all of that in is causing some really puzzling moments on the show. The Cicada plot should've been done with a few episodes ago so now they could have a clear cut focus in Reverse Flash and Nora without wondering when Cicada might pop back in.

Comment

I’m confused as to why Iris wants Nora to stay in the past? Wasn’t Nora supposed to go home anyway? It’s not like she’s helping catch any cicada.

Comment

This episode started off so strong but seemed to end on a weak note... for all the reasons that AsteroidMike stated up above.

Barry and Iris is kinda a bland couple at times to me, so this was the first time they actually felt like a real couple. the emotional disagreement they had feels very real... not melodramatic at all. Are the writers finally learning what's the difference between good drama and the bad kind? The two of them are in character, and their arguments on both sides make a lot of sense. I also love that the two of them were both wrong and right all at the same time, so you couldn't even say for sure who was 100% in the right at all.

The entire episode seemed to be all about family, and how you don't abandon them in their time of need. And they explored that theme very well here. Well, until the end there when Ciadica II popped in to remind us that she existed.

Comment

Maybe I don't fully understand the limits of Barry's powers, but how many times is he going to get knocked out by Icicle's cold blast? lol It's like everything they face off, Barry gets knocked out with a cold blast....that sort of annoyed me because here is a guy who bested Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar and Davoe and yet a villain who seems weaker in nature compared to those guys bests Barry every single time.

And we will see what happens next week, but "evil" Nora looks silly to me, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire

And we will see what happens next week, but "evil" Nora looks silly to me, lol
              It's the voice. Haven't seen JPK on The Flash a lot, but I remember her as a villain on Smallville. She's a good actress, but her evil high pitched voice made me want to chop my ears off.

Comment

Thinking back on the episode, I would've loved it if Cicada was already defeated and Icicle was now the main villain for the second half of the season. He definitely had some potential there to do something else and it's a little tiring to see them take a whole 22 episodes to finish off one villain since they've done it this way for 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎