Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon & Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that this is the first time that the shield's had blood on it (in-universe), seeing as Steve Rogers used it in a war. Of course, this time there's video of it. Most people probably don't just randomly look at the shield and, without motivation, think "I wonder how many people have been killed by that thing" or "I wonder how many people that guy holding it have killed". Like that Walker didn't instantly take the serum, but waited until it was made clear that he was in over his head.

With the next episode being the penultimate, I suspect a return of Isaiah and his grandson, next week.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2022, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Ah, Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine. I had been wondering where you (along with Clay Quartermaine and a few other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents) were during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Though, I have no idea who she is supposed to be with, in the MCU.

Looks like Joaquin might become the new Falcon in the final episode.

Quite like Walker's development.

As a non-American, I'm not really invested in the question of who should be the next Captain America.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Episode 5: Truth

This episode was much more of a setup for the final act. I really hope this isn’t a limited one off series. They seem to be setting up new characters that we really don’t know much about and with one episode left they don’t have much time to give some of these hanging plots the appropriate screen time.

[SPOILER] The biggest question raised was from the surprise cameo of Julia Louis-Dreyfus...Who is Valentina Allegra De Fontaine (you can her Val but, don’t&#128514? Like many of these characters, this is the first I’ve heard of her so, I’m assuming she’s a big bad that will carry on into the larger MCU; you don’t bring in an Emmy award winning actress like Julia Louis-Dreyfus and not give her a juicy role in the MCU.

So after the violent conclusion from the last episode we start off with John Walker running through an empty warehouse. Sam and Bucky come to stop him and get the Shield. I fight breaks out. It turns out to be an evenly matched fight cause in the end all three end up on the floor. Sam reclaims the Shield, though not without damaging his wings in the process. They are apparently prepping Torres with becoming the “new” Falcon. And with each episode it’s clear that Sam will become the new symbol of America. I don’t expect him to take the name of Captain America. They’ll need to give him a new code name.

Back in D.C. John Walker is stripped of his mantle of Captain America and everything else including his military rank/standing and the benefits that would came from his years of service; I thought it was overkill but, I guess he was made to be an example. And not even 10mins into to episode does he proclaim himself Captain America more than once.

So after that very public disgrace we are introduced to Valentina. She tells him that he made to good choices 1) taking the serum and 2) answering the phone when she calls him. She also states that some (like herself) wouldn’t have been all that upset if he had killed the lot of them like he with Nico. She gives him a blank business card as she exits.

We than head back to Sokovia where we catch up to Zemo in front the memorial of his family. Bucky appears and after a disagreement about how to deal with Karli and her growing movement the Dora Milaje appear to take Zemo to the “Raft” where he’ll spend the rest of his life there. I hope it’s not the last we seen of Zemo.

Ayo tells Bucky that it would be best to stay away from Wakanda for the time being. Though, before they part Bucky asks one last favor from them. As we find out later it’s for Sam (we don’t quite know what’s in the case Bucky gives him) but, maybe new wings and/or new suit.

Meanwhile back in Baltimore Sam pays Isaiah Bradley a visit to get a better understanding of what happened to him. Unfortunately it’s the same story that has happened to people of color for centuries as opposed to his white counterpart. It’s just sad. If Steve Rogers had saved his brothers the way Isaiah did he would have been celebrated but, instead Isaiah is forced to be a science experiment for 30yrs.

So Sam returns home, when Bucky shows up to give Sam a little going away present (again we don’t know exactly what’s in the case). So Sam invites Bucky to stay for awhile and help then with the boat...to which we get a montage of them fixing the boat.

Later we get the scene of Bucky and Sam training with the Shield. The have a conversation about Bucky making a real effort to give closure to the people that he’s wrong instead of just making amends. We definitely need a scene where Bucky comes clean to the old man (forgot his name).

After they part ways we get another montage of Sam really training with the Shield. I’ve always wondered about vibranium. Is the element light weight? or because these guys are so highly trained, they make it look so easy when they throw something like the shield (e.g a large frisbee looking thing) around and it bounces like that.

Finally we catch up to Karli/crew who’s aligned with Batroc and a loyal group of Flag Smasher supporters. They’re about to take take down a GCR conference.

The episode closes on Sam opening the case with the new gear.

We also finally get an after credit scene of Walker and what looks to be him creating a new suit for himself.
          [/SPOILER]

Again, I can’t imagine how they’ll close out this series with one episode to go and a slew of plots/characters still hanging.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-16-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Now that Joaquin is in possession of Falcon's wings, the question is if he'll suit up (and join the fight) in the next episode. The prospect of Joaquin becoming the new Falcon (as he does in the comics) makes me quite interesting in a potential season 2. After all, the show is called The Falcon & The Winter Soldier. "The Falcon" doesn't have to be Sam Wilson (who now appears to potentially assume the mantle of Captain America). With Joaquin being latino, it would open the door to explore different racial issues than what they've done in season 1. And how would people (specifically black people) react to this latin bloke (Joaquin) taking up the mantle previously held (and originated) by a black man (Sam Wilson)? Would there be any tensions or issues related to that?
              Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                [SPOILER]Now that Joaquin is in possession of Falcon's wings, the question is if he'll suit up (and join the fight) in the next episode. The prospect of Joaquin becoming the new Falcon (as he does in the comics) makes me quite interesting in a potential season 2. After all, the show is called The Falcon & The Winter Soldier. "The Falcon" doesn't have to be Sam Wilson (who now appears to potentially assume the mantle of Captain America). With Joaquin being latino, it would open the door to explore different racial issues than what they've done in season 1. And how would people (specifically black people) react to this latin bloke (Joaquin) taking up the mantle previously held (and originated) by a black man (Sam Wilson)? Would there be any tensions or issues related to that?[/SPOILER]
                As as Hispanic man, I would definitely want that representation, especially if he’s the other lead with Sebastian Stan. They’re laying the groundwork for him to become the next Falcon. I doubt we’ll see him suit up in the next episode but, hopefully in the next season.

Comment

Comment

Episode 6:

Regarding the mid-credits sequence... I'm calling it right now, Sharon Carter will turn out to be a Skrull (and be in Secret Invasion).
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Episode 6: One World, One People

Not exactly the ending I was expecting but, I think it ticked all the boxes that most of us wanted to see going into the finale. I really hope that we get a second season. This felt very much like a beginning to the next chapter.

[SPOILER]
                      - Sharon Carter was the Power Broker after all. Sam kept his promise but, at what cause? As we saw from the after credit scene she’s about to use her reinstated access to do some damage. That was a good set up for a second season.
                      - I wish we had gotten a much more grander reveal of Sam with the new suit. He just kind of arrived at the scene and straight into it. It was nonetheless a great comic accurate suit and he looked great in it.
                      - I liked that even though Sam was training with the shield last episode, it didn’t mean he was going to have mastered it within a few days. He went toe to toe with Batroc but, it took some effort.
                      - I loved the aerial stunts with Sam trying to rescue the GRC members. Even though he wasn’t as proficient with hand to hand combat you could tell that he’s mastered his real skills in the air, even with the little hiccup.
                      - Walker actually redeemed himself a little with his attempt to save the GRC members but, he’s still suffering from PTSD.
                      - Sam is shaping up to be a great Cap. He knows how to talk to people. I don’t think Steve had that ability like Sam. He’s doing things differently.
                      - There was only one way that it was going to end for Karli. I’m curious about her being under Sharon’s wing (no pun intended). Did Sharon fill her head the One World notions and did Sharon initiate the Flag Smashers?
                      - When Isaiah and Eli were watching the broadcast they understood Sam’s decision to take the mantle just like everyone else who was watching it. I loved that touching moment when Sam took them to the Smithsonian and Isaiah with his own exhibition; you saw it in his eyes as he hugged Sam.
                      - I’m glad we got resolution for Bucky and Yori even though we didn’t actually get the full conversation. I would liked to have seen it but, I guess it’s up to our own imagination on how that went after Bucky stated he was responsible.
                      [/SPOILER]

I really do hope that we get a second season.

Originally posted by jon-el87

[SPOILER]Regarding the mid-credits sequence... I'm calling it right now, Sharon Carter will turn out to be a Skrull (and be in Secret Invasion).[/SPOILER]
                      I can see that as a strong possibility, especially since that’s where we’re heading.

Comment

After years of fan speculation, a rumored removed storyline from Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier has finally been confirmed.

Since the show premiered in 2021, there was some suspicion that the series had been heavily altered from its original intent. Part of these rumors involved a storyline related to a pandemic or virus. Given that the show was released in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic, removing such a story element made sense. Despite this understandable circumstance, the creators behind the series denied that this was the case. The tell-all book MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios confirms that a storyline involving a fast-spreading airborne virus was taken out of the political thriller.​

The decision was made to remove the storyline, namely after the show itself had to move its filming from Puerto Rica to Prague due to the real-life pandemic. According to the report, "The pandemic not only forced the show to abort a shoot in Prague but made a planned plotline about the heroes rushing to stop a fast-spreading disease feel a bit too close to reality... [Malcolm] Spellman acknowledged that the series had removed the side story, although he said that it wasn’t because of the coronavirus.”

Malcolm Spellman was the series' showrunner, who had theretofore denied that the plotline's removal had anything to do with the actual pandemic going on at the time. The official news in the book states that the virus was to be used as a weapon by the Flag-Smashers, the series' chief villains. Its removal from the finalized story for the show explains a lot about some of the narrative issues that fans had with the series.
                        I'm assuming that we would've still gotten Sam's cringeworthy "Don't call them terrorists" speech, even if they had kept the Flag-Smashers unleashes a deadly virus storyline.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎