No announcement yet.

Falcon & Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon & Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Both Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are set to reprise their respective roles in this team up series.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/falcon-win...w-disney-plus/

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-16-2020, 05:55 PM. Reason: Title Update

This sounds fun. I prefer this teamup over Vision and Wanda's.

I wonder if it means no more MCU movies for Sebastian Stan. It certainly looks like they won't make him the new Captain America.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      This sounds fun. I prefer this teamup over Vision and Wanda's.

I wonder if it means no more MCU movies for Sebastian Stan. It certainly looks like they won't make him the new Captain America.
      If the banter they had in Captain America: Civil War is any indication of the series that will be, it’s going to be a fun one.

Comment

Daniel Bruhl (Zemo) and Emily VanCamp (Sharon Carter) are apparently in talks to join this show. I could see the potential with a Sharon Carter appearance. Use her to flesh out Steve's life, from his return to the past to the present. In The Winter Soldier, they established that Peggy had a daughter and a son. Through Sharon, the show could touch upon them. Maybe one of them had a son or grandson with someone of African American heritage, allowing for the introduction of Elijah Bradley (Patriot)*. Now, in the comics, Elijah is the grandson of Isaiah Bradley (one of the many men to use the moniker "Captain America"), but for the MCU they might simplify things by having Elijah be the great grandson of Steve Rogers.

They could also confirm Peggy's brother Michael (from Agent Carter) as Sharon's grandfather.

* Unless they go for the Shaun Lucas incarnation of Patriot.

Comment

Here are some additional details about the show revealed at this year’s D23:

Feige next brought out the cast of Falcon & Winter Soldier, which stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp and will bow in fall 2020. Feige also revealed that Wyatt Russell will play John Walker in the series. When the Marvel chief asked the actor to tell him something about the character, but Russell coyly declined, citing secrecy.

Introduced as “Super Patriot” in 1986’s Captain America No. 323, John Walker was the U.S. government’s choice to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. More hardline and violent than the original Cap, he didn’t last long in the job but remained a government agent under the name U.S.Agent, eventually becoming a respected hero inside the Marvel Universe and a fan favorite in the real world.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...knight-1232742

Comment

Finally.... The Marvel universe is coming fast and furious to Disney+ in 2021 with the much anticipated The Falcon and the Winter Soldier landing next spring.

The second Marvel series to debut on the streaming service, the Anthony Mackie- and Sebastian Stan-starrer will launch on March 19, Marvel boss Kevin Feige unveiled Thursday at the Disney Investor Day presentation.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/marvels...an-1234654549/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Episode 1:

I like that it looks like they're going to deeper explore side-effects of the Blip. Found Bucky's stuff, apart from the date, quite interesting. Curious if we'll meet his sister later on. Also curious if one of Sam's nephews is supposed to be Jim Wilson (even if there already was one in The Incredible Hulk). Felt like some aspects were tailored more towards an American audience (which I am not).
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Episode 1: New World Order

Nothing much really happened but, I still liked this first episode (especially the action sequences). We catch up to Sam and Bucky as they try to resume everyday life. We’re still dealing with the aftermath of the blip; which is probably going to be a through line for all these series.

[SPOILER]It’s months later and Sam has declined the mantle of “Captain America”; he felt unworthy of it, like it belonged to someone else, namely Steve Rogers. So We find out that his sister has been holding things down since he and half the world were blipped and returned. She wants to sell their parents boat but, because it’s half his, he doesn’t....her reason their parents fishing business (that she has been keeping afloat) is also in trouble.

I liked that we find out that the Avengers weren’t paid for their heroics. They obviously had Tony’s resources to help but, they still had to pay their bills somehow and like we find out when you’re blipped and have no income for 5yrs. the banks can’t exactly loan you money.

Meanwhile, Bucky has been seeing a therapist, who’s not taking any of his bs (I already love her). Bucky is having nightmares about what he’s done as The Winter Soldier. He’s been trying to make amends for the people that he’s wronged and/or the people he’s helped do bad things. He’s trying to find redemption. So to that point we see that Bucky has a friendship with an elderly man. They seem to have a sweet relationship. We unfortunately find out that the man’s son was killed decades earlier and of course Bucky was responsible.

The Flag Smashers seem to be this anti-government group who like most, want to plunge the world into chaos. Since Sam declined the mantle, the US government had to find a successor. Even if Sam had accepted the mantle, I doubt the government would have rightfully handed it to him (Steve’s wishes or no). This was the plan regardless of what happened.
                            [/SPOILER]

This is a straightforward MCU series. There won’t be as many surprises as WandaVision. I’m still really excited for the series and where things will be by the end of these six episodes.

Comment

Forgive me... but I haven't followed this storyline in the comics, so I'm coming into this purely from what I'm watching, as it unfolds in this series only.

I think it was pretty good for a first episode. The action/ flying scenes have definitely got my attention AND my approval. I'm glad they're going all-in (big budget) on these new shows, because they really do feel more like installments of a new movie, than a TV show. I wasn't down at all for [SPOILER]Sam giving up Cap's shield, to be put on display. I just knew it wouldn't be in that box for long. I seriously dread this "new Captain America." Is he going to be a complete douche? A corporate puppet? Or is he in it for the right reasons?[/SPOILER]

I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎