No announcement yet.

Hawkeye (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkeye (Disney+)

I kinda hope that this isn't true. I don't have a problem with the mantle being passed to Kate Bishop, but it feels like the sort of thing that should happen in Endgame (or a later movie), not on a TV show.

[SPOILER]Maybe that girl in the trailer is Kate Bishop. Meaning that the film could end with Clint dead and Kate picking up the mantle.

Sure, maybe this TV show could be used to flesh out their relationship and ties (I could imagine they'd change her to Clint's daughter, from a past relationship, who goes by her mother's last name, for her own protection). But, the actual passing of the mantle needs to happen in the films.
    [/SPOILER]

Marvel's Hawkeye series for Disney+ has landed a writer and executive producer.

Comment

Sources connected to Variety are saying that Hailee Steinfeld has been offered a lead role...possibly, Kate Bishop.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/haw...us-1203318859/

Comment

The series has supposedly added several actors to it’s roster according to this Variety article:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/haw...st-1234845371/

Comment

Florence Pugh, Vera Farmiga, and others are said to be appearing with Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld in the Hawkeye series for Disney+.

Had heard some rumors floating around, that they were looking for someone to play [SPOILER]Maya Lopez.[/SPOILER] In the comics, [SPOILER]Maya's dad worked for Wilson Fisk (as an enforcer). After he's killed, Fisk adopts Maya. So, provided that they use this origin, they could have Vincent D'Onofrio show up[/SPOILER] (not that I expect that to happen).

Comment

Apparently, a spin-off centered around Echo (Alaqua Cox) is in early development.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 03-23-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Episodes 1 & 2:

I liked that the opening establishes a connection for Kate to Clint. Why she idolizes him and not anyone of the others (like most people). I also liked that they established Kate as having spent most of her life training (no going from zero to world's best archer, over the weekened, for her), while also depicting her as not being the best at everything. She isn't the best at picking locks. She can't take on a bunch of men, twice her size. She isn't the best at everything. She's got a lot to learn from Clint.

I sighed a little when they had Kate attend that function wearing a suit. Not because I have a problem with a woman wearing a suit (which I don't. I don't have a problem with a dude wearing a dress either, for that matter), but because I know what will likely happen. Because Kate opted to wear a suit, rather than a dress, there'll be a lot of online theories that she's a lesbian (born out of a tired stereotype, that's potentially harmful to both lesbians and straight women). Then there'll be a controversy (the knowledge that there'll be a controversy is what made me sigh), once the show's over, because she isn't acknowledged as such. Just like the Bucky and Sam controversy, following Falcon & The Winter Soldier, and (more recently) Kara and Lena on Supergirl.

The Broadway musical (based around the 2012 attack on New York) felt weird. Imagine someone in ca. 2011 (or even today) making a musical based on 9/11.

Minor prediction: Kate's mom will turn out to be a villain. You know, we never saw the death of her father. We're just left to assume that he was killed by the aliens.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-10-2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Episode 1 & 2: Never Meet Your Heroes/Hide and Seek

It started off great going back to NY 2012; it was interesting to see things from a different perspective with the incident; it was how and why Kate idolized Clint...he was the Avenger that she saw during the attack on NY being a hero. Though, after the present day stuff with Kate it just hit a slow pace. Unfortunately, I was bored with much of the two episodes.

It figures that the tracksuit mafia ended up being a joke, a minor irritation (especially how they were presented in the promos); curious why they would want the Ronin suit. These guys are just idiots😂 And nobody has connected Ronin to Clint before (besides the Avengers)?

It is clear though that they are really leaning into Clint just being a tired and warned out curmudgeon who doesn’t want to be a mentor to anyone. He just wants to be a family man but things just keep pulling him back. He’s also a man struggling with the death of his best friend.

So hopefully the rest of the series picks up from here but again it was just a slow pace.

on a bright note…Rogers the Musical, was so ludicrously delightful 😂It would be a shame if they’re not capitalizing on a Disneyland/World attraction of some sort or some type of Disney+ short; it had the same vibe as the performances in Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          It figures that the tracksuit mafia ended up being a joke, a minor irritation (especially how they were presented in the promos); curious why they would want the Ronin suit.
                          They're not. They were after some watch (that briefly appeared outside the auction, when Kate and the dog ran into the guy who found it). No idea what happened to it (saw some speculation that the dog ate it). If they didn't get their hands on it, they must think that Kate's got it (though, they most likely just went after her, because she got in the way).

I seriously doubt that the tracksuit mafia will be the show's big bad. They're a minor threat, there to get Kate drawn into an adventure. Placing her in a position, where she has to put on the Ronin suit (attracting the attention of Hawkeye). The big question is who killed Simon Callow's character? I don't think that it was Jack (the adaptation of Swordsman). I smell a herring... a red herring. In the comics, Swordsman's been both a villain and a hero. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                            They're not. They were after some watch (that briefly appeared outside the auction, when Kate and the dog ran into the guy who found it). No idea what happened to it (saw some speculation that the dog ate it). If they didn't get their hands on it, they must think that Kate's got it (though, they most likely just went after her, because she got in the way).

I seriously doubt that the tracksuit mafia will be the show's big bad. They're a minor threat, there to get Kate drawn into an adventure. Placing her in a position, where she has to put on the Ronin suit (attracting the attention of Hawkeye). The big question is who killed Simon Callow's character? I don't think that it was Jack (the adaptation of Swordsman). I smell a herring... a red herring. In the comics, Swordsman's been both a villain and a hero. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a good guy.
                            Ok, wasn’t paying much attention because the auction scene was so chaotic when they showed up, though the suit is still important for Clint to recover.

It may end up being Kate’s mom who’s the actual big bad of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              Ok, wasn’t paying much attention because the auction scene was so chaotic when they showed up, though the suit is still important for Clint to recover.
                              Like he tells Kate, at her apartment, the guy (him) who wore that suit made a lot of enemies. Enemies with a grudge and a score to settle, who are likely to go after anyone dressed as Ronin (not realizing that it's not the real one). As long as Kate or anyone else wears that suit, people might seek them out for revenge (against Ronin/Clint). If the wearer is killed, then Clint's indirectly reponsible (as far as he's concerned).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎