No announcement yet.

Lex Luthor Coming to Supergirl!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex Luthor Coming to Supergirl!

We will finally meet the Arrowverse’s Lex Luthor.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/18/lex-lu...4-cast-the-cw/

Who should play the iconic villain?

Ahh you beat me to it.. well I would Perfer Michael Rosenbaum to play Lex Luthor but that's a long shot.

Comment

The way Berlanti is getting to use these characters now, it looks like we won't be getting another Superman movie anytime soon.

The rumors about a Superman show airing on the CW could very well be true. Welp....

Anyway, if they can afford him, Billy Zane would be the obvious choice.
      Last edited by costas22; 10-18-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I like to see how that turns out.

Comment

If he wasn’t already playing Shazam! I would have said Zachary Levi (More Carmichael than Chuck though)

Comment

Billy Zane would be such a great Lex Luthor! But, I don't think CW is able to afford him.

I think there's a lot of good choices out there for Lex Luthor on the CW, but I think it depends on how they want to portray him.

Michael Rosenbaum did such a great job creating a villain that you could understand where he was coming from, when he did all those terrible things. He had a "good" reason for the things he did, and in a way that made him somewhat sympathetic at times. Even if you knew he was wrong for doing it. It also didn't hurt that he was like eye-candy for the ladies too.
            But, I think he's done with that role.

Here's what I think about possible casting choices--

If they wanted to go for somebody who was older than superman, didn't care about making Lex Luthor appeal to ladies everywhere, and could be seen as a true threat?
            Terry O'Quinn. From what I hear he isn't working on anything much those days and could possibly be talked into working for CW. plus, he very rarely turns down a role.

But for a Lex Luthor who has some sex appeal??

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1446060/?ref_=nmls_hd Hunter Parrish. He's a pretty good TV actor, and even bald he could could be sexy in that evil way. A good counterpart toTyler Hoechlin's boy scout good looks. It'd be sure to draw in a lot of female fans the same way Smallville did.

Comment

I like Hunter Parrish. He seems be a good choice for the role. I hope they consider him.

Comment

Christopher Gotham is another name floating around. He may be slightly older than what a CW version of Lex Luther would be considering the cast. Since the cast , for the most part, are in their late 20s early 30s, I would assume they’d want to cast someone slightly older at mid-to-late 30s.
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  The rumors about a Superman show airing on the CW could very well be true.
                  No, they aren't.

It's time to shelve those dreams of seeing Tyler Hoechlin's Superman take off in a solo show - for now, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                    Billy Zane would be such a great Lex Luthor! But, I don't think CW is able to afford him.

I think there's a lot of good choices out there for Lex Luthor on the CW, but I think it depends on how they want to portray him.
                    Τrue. One thing that would disqualify the Billy Zane option, besides the salary, is the fact that we already know that Lex isn't that much older than Lena (going by the flashbacks in season 2). Whereas there's a significant age difference between Billy Zane and Katie McGrath (not to mention that Lena is actually supposed to be 25 in the series). So they will probably look for an actor in the 30-35 age bracket. Hunter Parrish would match that criteria.

Comment

Jon Cryer has been cast as Lex Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by shy175223
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jo...D=ansmsnnews11
                        Jon Cryer has been cast as Lex Luthor.
                        So they’re keeping it in the Superman-family

It’s definitely an interesting choice since we’re talking about the CW version of the character... meaning they could have gone with a younger attractive choice.

I was thinking about the ages of these characters and this article read my mind:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/cws-supergir...ake-1830500535
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-16-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

He wouldn't had been my first choice, but I'm sure he'll be great as Lex Luthor. and I do like that he has ties to the superman movies.

Comment

That i09 article is full of problems, most of them stemming from willful ignorance.

Comment

I agree. the age thing isn't as a big deal as the article is making it out to be.

I mean, the flashback scene with both Lena and Luthor as young kids? Memory isn't always an exact thing, and Lena could had easily misremember him as being younger than he actually was. Heck, I do it sometimes too. Like how one time I remembered going to a car race with my dad when I was five, but turned out that I was actually six at the time. The car race actually did happen, but I mixed up the year and my age. It happens.

As for Lex... his age tends to vary a little bit based on which canon you're going by. There's been times when he was 10 years older than Superman in human years, other times the same age as Superman. I remember one instance where he was even two years younger than Superman. And let's not even get into that time when he "died" and put himself into a young clone of himself. Then passed himself as his own young son from a illegitimate affair.
                              so quite honestly, I think anything goes regarding his age.

Just as long as they can make the relationships between all Luthors on the show believable, I don't mind the age thing. Besides, I don't see why they can't suggest that Mrs. Luthor had some work done to keep herself looking young. Would be a good way to explain why she looks so close in age to her children. rich women are vain creatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎