No announcement yet.

Tales of the City (netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the City (netflix)

Netflix's continuation of 'Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City' has rounded out its cast with a number of LGBTQ actors. The show's writers room is entirely queer.

A continuation of the 1993 miniseries starring Laura Linney, which was based on Armistead Maupin's series of books.

Victor Garber will be appearing in a recurring role.

Comment

Been watching it during the day, enjoyed it. Will rewatch it soon (don't often do this, with Netflix shows. I just watch most once (when a new season is released), then move on). Nice seeing several of the original actors back. Wasn't expecting to see [SPOILER]John Glover. Though, I wish that they had given him more than just one scene (that goes for you too, Marvel's Agent Carter).[/SPOILER]

Liked many of the new tenants at 28 Barbary Lane. Though, [SPOILER]Elliot Page's character really didn't capture much interest for me. I viewed Shawna as the weakest link.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Was expecting the 1960's flashbacks to be a recurring element, throughout the series, instead of just one episode. Presenting us with a contrast of San Francisco then and San Francisco now, played out, at the same time.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Sad to see Anna Madrigal die.[/SPOILER]

My main issue is the Netflix format: bingewatching. Instead of letting the [SPOILER]Anna blackmail storyline play out over ten weeks (allowing for more discussion and speculations: Who can it be? Is it Sam? What is Anna's secret?), the whole thing gets resolved within a few hours (depending on how fast you watch all ten episodes)[/SPOILER]
      Last edited by jon-el87; 12-02-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

RIP Olympia Dukakis.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎