Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Stranger in a Strange Land"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Stranger in a Strange Land"?

So, this episode was better than I thought it would be but man, I am not into the Michael as Dean storyline. Am just sort of waiting for the inevitable conclusion (Team Freewill stops him, probably with Jack getting his powers back just in the nick of time to defeat Michael. *yawns*).

Back to the start. We have the Road so Far with AC/DC playing underneath. I dunno, just felt underwhelming to me? Then we see Sam driving Baby. If there was one thing I really loved about this episode, it was Sam's new status as "Chief", the new boss. Watching him step up and take control was fun.

Michael talking in Arabic to the guy and asking what he wants. Uh huh.

The title card. The angel wings and Heavenly Fire. Okay, but was it just me or did they look really fake and superimposed? Like bad CGI? I didn't care for it.

3 weeks and Sam's beard is that bushy? Also, can't wait for him to shave that thing off.

Bobby teaching Jack to fight. While seeing Jack deal with being human (and Cas could give him some pointers as it wasn't that long ago that Cas went through the same thing) was fun, I also can't wait for him to get his powers back. However, I do think it will be a while (again, in the nick of time).

The whole bar turns out to be demons. Obcious.

Jensen and Danneel finally get a scene together! Must have been sort of weird for them.

Sam and Jack have (the first of many) heart to heart talks (of this episode--seriously, I lost count of how many there were between people).

The total shock of Nick being alive. HOW!? I mean, I thought Nick (Luci's vessel) had been destroyed/killed a couple of times. And the explanation (that archangel blades kill only the archangel) did not make sense. If that is true then why didn't Gabriel's host survive? Or any of the others? I call nonsense.

Another heart to heart (this one Sam and Mary) and Mary gets to hold Ruby's knife (nice to see that again, btw).

Sam walks into the trap and meets Kip, who wants to be the new King of Hell/Crowley. He worships Sam "You are my Beyonce" but the others are afraid. I felt like this was a big call back to the "Boy King" days with Sam. And I have to wonder if they aren't setting up Sam taking over Hell in order to gain enough power to defeat Michael (it would dovetail with what Sam told Cas about doing 'anything' to get Dean back at the end)? Would be a nice link up to past continuity.

Another heart to heart--this time with Cas, then Cas has one with Jack. Man!

Jo calls Sam and Michael is working with a vamp. Okay?

So yeah, not impressed by the Dean!Michael stuff but otherwise solid start to this season.

But really, how is Nick still alive? I mean, seriously?!
    10--better than getting a good night's sleep
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than getting punched in face (like everyone)
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    But really, how is Nick still alive? I mean, seriously?!
    I read that the explanation was that the angel blade 'killed' Lucifer but not Nick (the host).

So, while it may be a bit too obvious, to me it sets up the obvious "we can kill Michael without killing Dean" revelation.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎