No announcement yet.

Pose (FX)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pose (FX)

Really been enjoying the first five episodes. Glad that Patty has finally learned the truth about Stan and Angel. Will be interesting to see where they'll go with it.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 06-21-2022, 05:15 AM.

Shame that Darius turned out to just be some creep. Hopefully, Blanca will find true love in the future. At least, the Stan and Angel (StAngel?) romance seems to be back on track.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 08-26-2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

It's been renewed for a second season!

Comment

Going into the episode, I was expecting them to kill off Lil Papi (based on the trailer for it).

I actually felt sorry for Elektra in this episode.

Not sure how to feel about Stan splitting. On the one hand, he's kinda a jerk for splitting from Angel. However, at the same time, he did it after she took him to a ball, where the others present didn't make him feel welcome and he was weirded out by the whole experience. So, he felt that he couldn't be part of this world, that Angel was part of. Also, Angel should probably have put some more thought into what ball she took Stan to. If she had taken him to one like the one Patty was at, he probably would've been fine. Instead, she took him to one, where people where dressing up as alien creatures.

Comment

Guess that's the end of StAngel. Okay, both were probably not ready for this relationship. I just hope both will find happiness in the future. Unclear if Evan will be in next season or if Stan was just a one-season deal.

Glad Lil Papi came back to the House. Thought Lulu and Candy were terrible mothers. Of course, Elektra didn't set a very good example for them.

Nice to have Blanca win mother of the year. Of course, how couldn't she? Elektra's house is no more and Ferocity was founded last week. So, it was either Blanca or the mother of one of the houses that are mainly background/mentioned.

Looking forward to season 2.

Comment

Season 2 will premiere June 9. There will be a time jump to 1990 and Sandra Bernhard has been upgraded to regular.

Comment

Heartbreaking what Angel had to go through. Nervous about her modeling career. I'm being reminded of the model Tula, who was outed to the public, after she appeared in a James Bond movie. With Angel becoming a model, there could be a media interest into her past, leading to her being outed.

Liked the church protest (they seemed to have mixed in some real footage, from the actual protest, into the scene), nice to see them including the characters in real-world historic events, though that protest was in 1989.

Hoping that Blanca becomes succesful in her new endevour. Will be an uphill battle, but she can do it.

With much of the episode touching on the Madonna song, I found it fitting that they had one of the actual dancers from Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour, appear at the end and vogue to the song.

EDIT: since the original airing of this episode, I've spoken to a guy who was actually at the church protest. According to him, it wasn't just the year that they misrepresented.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 08-26-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

It's already been renewed for a third season.

Comment

"It's hammertime." Liked the return of Candy's hammer. I just hope that they won't overdo it in the future, where she has to take it out every episode. Always leave the viewers wanting more.

Elektra's new job is probably not going to end well. I kinda want them to explore her backstory, showing us why she's always so hostile and puts everyone down. Where she came from.

Shame that Ricky and Damon broke up. Of course, I was totally expecting Ricky to end up cheating, after the season one finale showed him doing on tour and Damon staying. I said to myself right there and then: "he's gonna cheat on Damon". Though, having watched television for so long, I totally expect them to be back together eventually.

Comment

The Elektra story was intense. Became even more intense, when I remembered reading about something like this happening in real-life (which was apparently the basis for the episode). Mind you, Elektra was pretty stupid to leave that guy unwatched during a BDSM session. I'm no expert on BDSM, but I know that the dom is never to leave the sub alone, for safety reasons. Especially when the session involves a blocked airway.

Glad that Angel was able to become a model, though I predict trouble ahead for both her career and her blossoming relationship with Lil Papi.

Watching the trailer for the next episode, I'm extremely nervous for Candy. I don't want her to die. With this episode being inspired by Dorian Corey, then the next might be inspired by Venus Xtravaganza. Last season, I speculated that it'd be Aphrodite (another name for "Venus"), if they'd do anything based on the death of Venus, but the trailer makes it seem like it will be Candy who might die.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 08-26-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

RIP Candy!
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 06-21-2022, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Was expecting Damon to get I'Tonya'd. Glad he didn't.

Not sure what to make of that Solid Gold pilot that they shot. Looking at Wikipedia, there was no 90's revival, so it might not happen. At the same time, it would make sense for them to get jobs on a fictional television program (revival), rather than something real (like Madonna's Blond Ambition tour). Madonna's tour is well-documented, there was even a documentary about the dancers a few years back. But with a fictional television program, the writers could do whatever. They could throw any number of problems at Damon and Ricky.

Comment

Like that they manage to give Candy a continued presence on the show.
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 08-26-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

This episode was directed by the director of Paris is Burning.

Glad to hear that Lulu will attend community college. Sadly, you just know that she will have a hard time getting a job (because of discrimination).

Sad to see Ricky learn that he was positive.

Hopefully, Angel will be able to kick the coke.

Comment

Doubt that this will be the end of the House of Evangelista. Though, I'm not sure if I want Blanca to get a bunch of new kids (as I'd fear that they'd fall too much into the background, barely have any lines, you struggle to remember their names. As the main focus would still be on the existing characters or the new ones just lack the spark of the existing characters. I've seen this problem on other shows).

Got mixed feelings on Angel's drug storyline. I had hoped that she had stopped after last week. At the same time, I do feel like her having a continued problem for several episodes is an improvement over these types of plotlines from older shows (where a problem would suddenly appear in one episode, then magically resolved before the end credits). To highlight addiction problems, requires more than one episode. Having the trouble (be it drinking, drugs, eating disorders, etc.) resolved within 30-60 minutes (with the character never suffering dangers of relapsing) is trivializing the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎