Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pose (FX)

Was expecting something bad to happen, during their time at the beach house. It was a nice episode, where Blanca, Elektra, Angel and Lulu got to spend some time on the beach. Hopefully, the guy that Blanca met won't turn out to be a jerk in the end.

Was worried that they were going to kill off Blanca. Hopefully, they'll let her live. I keep finding myself on the edge of my seat, worried that she won't have long left. This was May, 1991. HAART won't be introduced for another five years.

I could see them go either way with Blanca. She either lives long enough to be put on it, or she'll die right before it's introduced (like how Paul Bäumer goes through all of WWI, then dies shortly before the end of it).

I imagine that there will be another time jump, between this episode and season 3. I just hope that they won't jump over the wedding between Papi and Angel. Of course, people can be engaged for years, before getting married.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 09-13-2020 at 06:34 AM.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...season-3-on-fx

Season three will be the final season and consist of seven episodes. The show will jump to 1994. Hopefully, the season will stretch into 1996 and Blanca gets put on HAART. I really hope that they won't end the show with Blanca dead.

Got mixed feelings on the show ending. On the one side, I'll be sad to see it go. On the other, if they have told the story that they wanted to tell, then it might be time to move on, rather than dragging it out. Make way for other stories to be told. After all, while this show has the highest ever trans cast, it's still limited in the scope of stories that it can tell. It's set in New York City and focuses on the ballroom culture (African American and Latin American), in the 1980s and 1990s. Don't think that they've had any transmen characters, nor Asian American or Native American (and so on) trans characters. (don't know if any of these three groups have any representation or presence in the ballroom scene). Even when it comes to African Americans and Latin Americans (within the LGBTQIA+ community), the ballroom scene doesn't cover all stories. Because not everyone within those two demographics is part of the ballroom scene. No non-binary or intersex characters. Being a period piece, it can't deal with the lives of transpeople in the 2020s.

It's based in New York City. So it's essentially restricted to that one geographical location. Can't delve into stories set elsewhere, unless the main characters goes there. However, most of them would probably be unable to afford a flight to Seattle or Houston or some other place. The main characters would also just be visiting, keeping everything in Seattle on a surface level, rather than diving deep into things.

[SPOILER]RIP Cubby.

Probably missed a line, but I wondered where those two kids, from the end of the season 2 finale, went. Shame that Angel's modeling career appears to have gotten stagnant. Of course, apparently, the average length of a modeling career is like five years or something. Glad to see Blanca deciding to go to nursing school. I just hope that she gets to live.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Good seeing Candy back. Even if it was just in flashbacks. Nice seeing the backstory of Elektra and her house. Though, it felt like everyone was coming together real quick.

They got rid of the body finally (had sort-of forgotten about it), but I suspect that it might not be the last we hear about it. Though, with there only being four episodes left, they might not have room for exploring possible consequences further. I liked the 1978 sequence, where Elektra was kicked out by her mother. Though, I felt that the bit where Elektra gets up and puts on lipstick took me out of the scene. No doubt, an attempt to insert an empowering moment for Elektra, but it felt like an interruption of the events. Like the writers couldn't let Elektra be down in that moment.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Elektra dealing with the mob is probably not going to end well... unless it's an attempt by the writers to give her and the others a sort of fairytale ending. Given that there are only two episodes left (with the last one needing to wrap everything up), it feels a bit sudden to have Papi discover that he's got a kid. Not a lot of time for the show or characters to digest this. Surprised that Pray Tell wasn't in the episode. For a moment I questioned if he had died (and they skipped his funeral), given the events of the previous episode, but he's in the trailer for the next episode.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Lulu breaks up with her boyfriend... whom I'm 99% certain we've never seen before. Glad to see Papi and Angel getting married. Of course, the wedding was a bit much. You know, statistically speaking, the more you spend on the wedding, the more likely you are to get divorced. I suppose that the writers wanted to give the characters a fantasy wedding. Though, I felt a bit disconnected, due to my lack of interest in material things. Weddings should be about love, not blowing away massive amounts of money for the profit of the wedding industry. Seriously, I've watched a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress... $10,000 just for a one-time dress?

Like that they keep finding ways to include Candy. Shame that Damon wasn't there, but the actor sadly left due to a family tragedy.

Blanca gives Papi's kid a Power Rangers costume. Too bad that it wasn't a Spider-Man costume. Would've been fun, seeing as Mj Rodriguez is apparently a comic book geek, who got her stage name from Mary Jane "MJ" Watson. Though, I suppose that they wanted to go with a hero of color.
    [/SPOILER]

Next week will be the series finale. Looking at the trailer, it looks like [SPOILER]Pray Tell will die.[/SPOILER] Of course, I remember a trailer in season 1, where they made it seem like something like that would happen to Papi. Could be a fake out, [SPOILER]and both Pray Tell and Blanca get put on HAART and lives. I hope that they both get to live, but I'm expecting Pray Tell to die.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Not sure if that protest at the Mayor's house was something that actually happened. I know that ACT UP scattered the ashes of AIDS victims, on the lawn of the White House twice (once in 1992 and once in 1996). If the New York mayor protest didn't happen, then they probably took inspiration from the Ashes Actions in Washington D.C.

Glad that Blanca got to live (of course, it was unlikely that they would end the show by killing off Blanca). Sad to see Pray Tell go. Had forgotten that Ricky was HIV+. Figured that Pray would give Ricky his pills, once they reminded us that Ricky has it too.
    [/SPOILER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12