No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Think Fast?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Think Fast?"

What did you think? So many "thinks" in this thread.
    10 - I think I love it
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I think it was bad
    0%

Pretty good Episode. It's just a shame that the entire season didn't have this same quality otherwise I would actually care about Devoe and what he's doing to the world. The best part of this ep is that it's one of the final two left before the storyline is finally over.

Comment

My issue with this episode was how quick Diggle got out of there. I mean, I get that he has issues with Diaz to deal with in Star City but his Argus was getting attacked and held hostage by Davoe that you think he would want to see this through and perhaps maybe somehow, someway help Barry and company a bit more. I think more importance here for Diggle would be Argus, since he's running now with his wife. But it was like Diggle heard how powerful Davoe was and said, ah screw it, I'm out of here, lol.
      Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 05-15-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Diggle really has no reason to be in this episode other than selling the crossover idea of having someone from Arrow appear.

I don't know why they changed Caitlin's history as it was already established she wasn't affected by the particle accelerator from the first season. It's possible that the young Caitlin who displayed her frost powers may have been Earth-2 Caitlin's and not our's.

Comment

Definitely a much better, more memorable episode than last week's, that I can say easily. And the finale looks to be extremely engaging if the promo for next week is anything to go by. First of all, the intro itself was great with DeVoe just breaking into ARGUS and wiping the floor with everyone with some classical opera music in the background and then holding people hostage.

The argument scene with Barry and Cisco in the second half of the episode looked to be another one of those melodramatic scenes but in reality it was actually a well written bit of tension and discussion between the two. They both raised some good points, and I did think Barry was being stubborn about not training Caitlin or Cisco, especially when no other option presented itself.

Speaking of Caitlin, that was a rather interesting twist with her having Killer Frost in her all this time. The first thing I thought about after the episode was how she tore Barry a new one earlier last season when she turned into KF and blamed him for her condition. With this new bit of info, it kinda takes the air out of her argument now, at least on her part anyway.

The episode ending was basically DeVoe getting into STAR Labs and launching the Enlightenment anyway from their own satellite. It had an Infinity War ring to it with [SPOILER]the bad guy winning[/SPOILER] and honestly, it would be pretty anti-climatic if the bad guy didn't get his plan launched anyway. I did read comments about how STAR Labs has had holes in their security for years and now they're paying for it heavily, but then you have to remember DeVoe has Kilgore's technology hacking powers so even if they beefed up lab security he'd just hack it immediately. I mean, if he got into ARGUS of all places, what chance did they have?

Comment

This was a pretty good lead-in to next week's finale, and that opening action sequence was a thrill, one of the best they've had. DeVoe is completely unhinged at this point.

I guess the ARGUS angle presented itself thanks to that nuclear bus meta, and Diggle happened to be an opportune way for the team (and for DeVoe lol). It's not without precedent as ARGUS has made Flash appearance in past seasons. And it's also a way they can 'pretend' that the entire Flarrowverse is all connected, all the time *cough* only during crossover events *cough*. It's still funny that Diggle got outta there faster than, say, Felicity going through the A.T.O.M. suit operating manual. He was like 'not my city, not my problem, peace out'.

I was never really fond of the idea that Caitlin must reconnect with KF -- it's more the way they tried to sell it aka not very well, but they are running with that baton to the finale at this point. Still, it's preferable than the Caitlin 'loses a boyfriend a season' arc.

All the melodrama stacking was in play too leading up to the finale, with all the spats: Iris and Harry, Iris and Marlize, Barry and Cisco. I'd put Cecile and Joe in there too, but I'm prepared to give them a pass this one time on account of 'baby on the way' / 'to put the Caitlin-KF arc over' haha.

I agree it's been an uneven season for The Flash, a mix of hits and misses, but I am anticipating this finale the most in the Flarrowverse actually.

Comment

Speaking of Iris, I thought her scene with Marlize was actually well done, too, especially the echoing question of what she'd do for her husband, or the world in this case.

Another thing was her banter with Harry and him suggesting they try and "turn" Marlize to help them out but Iris refusing because of past history and how they tried that with Savitar last year and it didn't work. Both of them made good points: Harry trying to reason with her makes sense because she knows DeVoe better than anybody but he's a complete monster now. At the same time Iris is justified in not wanting her help because she did willfully conspire to frame Barry for murder, openly lied in court, attempted to kill her and helped DeVoe get what he needed for his plan. Of course they don't know he's been drugging her to keep her in line most of the time, which is partly why she left in the first place so there's that.

Comment

I don't know what this show has become but I do know that I don't like it. We're in season four and they are re-writing Caitlin's story? Why? I think if it's come to this it's time to give up on the character and just let her go.

Cecile was funny (the actress) but to the story it was very annoying. Their baby can't come soon enough I'm so over whatever they are doing.

Iris / Marlize always a good scene, I also enjoyed the Harry element.

Cisco/Barry nothing amazing but good I guess.

Devoe, opening scene was cool.

Have the writers run out of story because this episode wasn't that good or as good as it could be. I really hope next season shocks us into what we know The Flash to be and has way more compelling storylines. The big bad better be good and not fizz out like the previous three have done.

Comment

Although I liked the episode, I have to ask where is Reverse Flash at because I miss seeing him on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
                    Although I liked the episode, I have to ask where is Reverse Flash at because I miss seeing him on the show.
                    RF is dead or to be more accurate, erased from history. They got way with using him on Legends because back then he was a "time remnant", aka the RF that existed BEFORE he was erased, (More time travel confusion, I know), and that Thawn was finally succssuflly erased by Zolomon/Black Flash in legends.

Comment

I don't know the details, but didn't Reverse Flash pop up on this season's crossover using Harrison Wells' face again? I believe the story has it that he didn't get completely erased from existence after the S2 Finale of Legends and he somehow ended up on Earth-X... And the last thing he told Barry was that he would see him again using a new face.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                        RF is dead or to be more accurate, erased from history. They got way with using him on Legends because back then he was a "time remnant", aka the RF that existed BEFORE he was erased, (More time travel confusion, I know), and that Thawn was finally succssuflly erased by Zolomon/Black Flash in legends.
                        Originally posted by costas22
                        I don't know the details, but didn't Reverse Flash pop up on this season's crossover using Harrison Wells' face again? I believe the story has it that he didn't get completely erased from existence after the S2 Finale of Legends and he somehow ended up on Earth-X... And the last thing he told Barry was that he would see him again using a new face.
                        Nah, Reverse Flash definitely popped up during the crossover episodes this year, but looking like Wells. We didn't really get an explanation on how he's still around when he see Barry other than him acknowledging that time travel rules are confusing, so I guess he wiggled out of his non-existence a second time. The last you see of him is after his final fight in the 4th part of the crossover and then Barry lets him go and he just runs off, and that's it. So he's still alive but the show just hasn't brought him up yet again. Granted, he's not the big bad of the season but you would a notoriously well known character like him would show face a bit more often.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎