No announcement yet.

#4.20 "That Old Corpse"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.20 "That Old Corpse"

I was so ready to write this episode off as somewhat of a stinker—until the very last act began to unfold and Jeremiah executed his plan and revealed himself.

That was GOOD, but: Everything else that came before it was kind of a dud.

The Lee/Gordon scenes were so tired and the episode didn't have a lot of focus. It just spun its wheels for too long.

The saving grace of the episode were the scenes between Bruce and Jeremiah. The allusion to Harley Quinn [with Ecco] was cool.

I don't know. It was just ok for me. Hopefully, next week is a lot better. What did everybody else think?
    Last edited by Aries83; 05-03-2018, 10:58 PM.

I have to agree. The only good parts were the scenes between Jeremiah and Bruce Wayne.

The rest of the epidose was pretty much lame and uninspired.

Comment

I was more intrigued by the Jeremiah turn. After 4 seasons the ‘real’ Joker was finally revealed. I just don’t know if they could have done any better than the twin thing. They could have gone with the martyr route; it would have been too predictable but, than again the twin thing has been done before too.

Comment

I kind of figured Ecco would turn out to be "Harley Quinn."

When I first saw her a few episodes ago, I kind of figured they would go in that direction.

Comment

I agree. It's the Jeremiah twist that elevates this episode from ok to very good. In hinsight, it was smart and thoroughly enjoyable.

Granted, at this point we kind of expected were Jeremiah was headed, but the way his plan unfolded here was terrific. The notion that Jerome, who was an instictive mad man in essence, would leave behind posthumous tapes that carried out a plan to the letter felt kind of silly. So I was glad to see that it was Jeremiah who came up with the entire plan. I must say, on this evidence Cameron has a done a wonderful job at portraying a different kind of character. Jeremiah's Joker doesn't laugh maniacally or doesn't get hot headed. He's meticulous and ice cold. While Jerome was an homage to past Joker versions, Jeremiah feels like a mostly new version of the character. I guess Jerome really made that gas just for him.

Apparently this was the vision that Ra's had about Gotham. Jeremiah's bombs levelling the city. I wonder how Gordon survived...

Butch and Oswald's scenes were kind of meh. It's like both characters are spinning their wheels at the moment.

"You finally nabbed me, copper". Lee's tough girl talk is hilarious. As was trying to get Jim to join her crime spree.

Who beat up and bloodied Alfred?

For whatever reason, this week the network released a couple of clips that were advertised to be in this episode, yet they were actually from next week's.
          Last edited by costas22; 05-04-2018, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I was more intrigued by the Jeremiah turn. After 4 seasons the ‘real’ Joker was finally revealed. I just don’t know if they could have done any better than the twin thing.
            I think they just realized that had they kept going with Jerome, it would've been more of the same stuff we've already seen. I just hope they go somewhere fresh with Jeremiah.

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
            I kind of figured Ecco would turn out to be "Harley Quinn."

When I first saw her a few episodes ago, I kind of figured they would go in that direction.
            I had the same thought when she popped up in that episode. Then, when I saw the figure in the jester costume—for a split second—I thought it might've been Jeremiah...

Originally posted by costas22
            at this point we kind of expected were Jeremiah was headed, but the way his plan unfolded here was terrific.
            I thought the reveal coud've happened sooner. I guess I understand why they felt it needed to happen in the last 10 minutes, though.

I guess Jerome really made that gas just for him.
            I liked how he said the gas gave him some "permanent cosmetic effects" or whatever. A nod to the Jack Nicholson version for sure.

I wonder how Gordon survived...
            I totally forgot about him by the end because I was so wrapped up in Jeremiah... Hopefully, that'll be explained right away in the next episode.

"You finally nabbed me, copper". Lee's tough girl talk is hilarious. As was trying to get Jim to join her crime spree.
            I was just happy she got knocked out for part of the episode... Her scenes with Ed felt so forced, too.

Who beat up and bloodied Alfred?
            I just assumed it was another group of Maniax sent by Jeremiah so that Alfred wouldn't get in his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              I thought the reveal coud've happened sooner. I guess I understand why they felt it needed to happen in the last 10 minutes, though.
              Yeah, they needed that dramatic effect. Jere,miah revealing his true colors just when Jim is about to get blown up. It worked out well in the end. The idea that Jerome organized all this felt a bit too much, but Jeremiah's ruse that the gas was just making him paranoid was plausible. He really fooled Bruce.

I liked how he said the gas gave him some "permanent cosmetic effects" or whatever. A nod to the Jack Nicholson version for sure.
              Sure was. Cameron must have thought that killing off Jerome would relieve him from all that makeup he used to wear. But now he has to wear contacts all the time!

Here's what I don't get though. Jeremiah brushed off Jerome's gas as if it only affected his appearance. Does that mean that he was evil all along and he was just playing everyone?

I just assumed it was another group of Maniax sent by Jeremiah so that Alfred wouldn't get in his way.
              Yeah, you're right. Couldn't have been anyone else. They released an extended trailer about Jeremiah and it shows that he had Alfred abducted and tortured.

Comment

He really fooled Bruce.
                I liked how Jeremiah admitted that Bruce was a "true friend." The Joker has always viewed Batman as his equal so I think his fondness for Bruce was appropriate.

Here's what I don't get though. Jeremiah brushed off Jerome's gas as if it only affected his appearance. Does that mean that he was evil all along and he was just playing everyone?
                That's a good question. Maybe the gas affected his thinking the more he read the journal Jerome left behind? I suppose it's any way you'd like to interpret it.
                Last edited by Aries83; 05-04-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎