No announcement yet.

Krypton #1.3 "The Rankless Initiative"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton #1.3 "The Rankless Initiative"

Count down to tonight's Krypton, talk about the episode live, and then let this be the episode thread!

Pics from "The Rankless Initiative" can be found HERE: http://www.kryptonsite.com/krypton-e...eak-peek-clip/
    10 - An El of an episode!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Just a big Black Zero.
    0%

2 hrs 19 min!

Comment

30 minutes!

Comment

1!

Comment

That looks like the disc in there from Clark's ship on SV!

Comment

I think Kem might be my favorite

Come ON I need a Brainiac sighting...

Comment

Wow Lyta...

Comment

Pretty good episode. I saw Colin Salmon's name in the credits but we only saw a picture of him during the episode.

Comment

This was another strong episode, albeit one that was more "self-contained" than the others have been, which kind of surprised me.

I really liked that this episode showed us Seg and Adam working together and being proactive rather than reactive, although I was expecting Kem to be more involved than he was.

Having said that, I really liked that the writers pulled him back from the action, as it were, because it gave them a chance to show us his relationships with characters other than Seg. I thought it was cute that he was a sort of surrogate father/husband/uncle to Rhom and Ona, not only because it gave his character more depth but also because it gave him a personal stake in the fight to save Krypton from Brainiac.

Speaking of Rhom, I squeeed when she went into full Sentry mode and attacked Seg because I'm kind of a sucker for killer robots, and because of how cool that entire scene was framed. I also liked that the camera focused on both her and Seg's faces in the moment when he grabbed that EMP grenade and detonated it.

I also really liked Lyta's role in the episode. Seeing her speak her mind about the Rankless Initiative raid and stand defiant even when admonished by her mother was neat, as was the scene where she gave her own troops their specific orders and laid down the law, as it were, for how she expected them to conduct themselves... which made the moments later in the episode when she had one of her own soldiers, Kol-Da, arrested and then ignored her mother's orders to force their way into the communications terminal hub that Rhom had infiltrated all the sweeter.

Moving on from Lyta, I was surprised by how little there was for Dv-Em, Jayna, and the Vexes to do in this episode, and would have liked to see them play a bigger role in the story, but that's really neither here nor there.

As noted earlier, I thought this was another strong episode, even if its "self-contained" nature caught me a little off-guard, and can't wait to see what the fallout is.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎