No announcement yet.

Lindsay Harrison (Fake Kara) theory

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay Harrison (Fake Kara) theory

In the season 3 finale, we're introduced to a Kryptonian girl named Kara, played by Adrianne Palicki. In the final minutes of the episode, she's revealed to actually be a human girl named Lindsay Harrison, who went missing during the 1989 meteor shower. No explanation is given to how she ended up in the Kawatche Cave. All we're told is that she was driving with her mother and that the car took a direct hit by a meteor, with Lindsay's body never being found. Before I go into my theory, I'd like to point out some things from the episode:

1) When she rushes out to Agent Loder, at super speed, she seems to pass through the fence of the Kent Farm, rather than going over it. Effects error? Or a hint that there's more to this girl?

2) In the same scene, Lindsay expels energy from her hands and destroys Loder (and his car). An ability not demonstrated by Kryptonians (whose other powers she seems to possess).

3) Minutes before, Martha notes that Lindsay hasn't eaten since she arrived at the farm.

4) At the end of the episode, Lindsay disappears in a flash of light. There are no remains or anything.

Taking these things into consideration, I'd like to argue that what we saw in "Covenant" wasn't Lindsay Harrison. It was an energy construct, created by Jor-El, using Lindsay's genetic material as a template (I'll get to that in a moment). I should perhaps point out, that we had previously seen Jor-El be able to create holograms in "Exodus". So, we're not dealing with something Unprecedented.

We're told that Lindsay's body was never found, but the same scene also note that her mother's car took a direct hit from a meteorite. Such an impact could've destroyed her body (hence why it was never found). At the most, some body parts (like, maybe, a finger) might've been blown away and landed somewhere. Fast forward to 2004, Jor-El wants Clark back and needs a way to collect him. Deciding to have a "person" collect him, Jor-El begins to search for genetic material (to use as a template for the energy construct) and finds the remains of Lindsay. So, he uses that and names her after his (as he believes) late niece. Upon returning Clark to him, the energy construct is dissolved, having served her purpose.

And, yes, I know that Lindsay claimed to have been in the cave since the meteor shower. But she also claimed to be named "Kara" and be from Krypton. If you can lie about two things, you can lie about more. The energy construct idea is simple and less convoluted than the alternative: Lindsay, somehow, magically manages to survive a direct hit from a meteorite. Not only that, she managed to make her way into a cave (that many of the locals are unaware about), despite (surely) being injured. Not to mention, she gets into a part of the cave, that is sealed off. And Jor-El just happens to be there (despite no evidence that his A.I. was present in the cave, until season 3). Just in case he'd ever need a person, to collect Clark from somewhere, he pulls Lindsay into the cave wall and puts her on ice for 14 years.

The character is only brought up once again, in the episode "Kara". However, there is nothing in Clark's interaction with Jor-El, that would indicate a belief that Jor-El kidnapped a human girl and turned her into a Kryptonian. So, either Clark is extremely apathetic towards the fate of Lindsay Harrison, or it's been made clear to him that Kara was merely a duplicate Lindsay made from energy (with the real one having died in the meteor shower).
    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-07-2018, 07:55 AM.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

And in a way this would make Jor-El the AI a lot less evil, too. I mean, what he did was still pretty bad but still.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎