No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Subject 9?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Subject 9?"

I miss people doing the live thread... but hey, after it's over, what did you think?
    10 - Perfect 10
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Only 1
    0%

If Barry owns Star Labs, he's technically self-employed instead of unemployed. If I were Barry I'd concentrate on running Star Labs instead of going back to Central City PD.

Lots of sonic screamers in the Arrowverse.

Comment

Apparently to Barry it's just a place to hang out. It wouldn't occur to him in the first place.

On the ep it self... to tell you the truth I'm just getting annoyed with this DeVoe storyline... it kinda feels like it's dragging itself out.
      I couldn't even muster up any sympathy for that violin girl and ralph once she was inevitably grabbed by DeVoe.

I just want to skip all the eps with the rest of the meta-humans and get to the ep where DeVoe finally show us his endgame and Barry puts an stop to him.
      Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-28-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

To me, the episode was just average, right in the middle of things, not awful but not great. What I did like was in the first few minutes the acknowledgement that not everyone in the world fully bought the "DeVoe is alive" story because it did seem like everything was all right last episode. Granted, it's not Barry's fault but him immediately being welcomed right back to the job like nothing happened would be stretching it a lot.

Then there's the things I didn't really like about the episode. First of them being Barry not being fast enough to react to DeVoe's attack in their first encounter in the episode and then "Izzy" hitting him with a soundwave and then realizing that they can actually hurt him. Despite having tons of powers in one body, I'm pretty sure DeVoe is still susceptible to being physically hurt and one good punch from Barry would take him out, if not kill him. Later on apparently "Izzy" needs the violin to fight back, which is strange since she was able to just shoot soundwaves from her body without needing anything but I guess she forgot that conveniently. Also, when a speedster, a teleporter and an elastic man all show up and tell you to stay put because there's an attempt on your life, which you saw with your own eyes, you should listen. People in this universe must not pay any attention to the news to be shocked at the fact that there's weird people with superpowers all over the place.

All of them unmasking themselves annoyed me. Was it really necessary to let her in on who you really are?

Harry and Cecile having some screen time together was actually pretty nice so I'll give a thumbs up to that. And also, where was Joe at all episode?

Comment

Yeah, it does seem like they're dragging their feet with the DeVoe storyline. And with the remaining "bus metas" still in danger, they've set themselves up for at least a few more FOTW-style and/or filler eps, which is not exactly a plus.

As for Barry's employment status, I would go with: financially independent. STARLabs is apparently his moneymaker/nest egg and being a CSI is -- uh, was -- like his side-job.

A 23-ep season really is too long for shows like these. 16 eps. would feel about right. It feels like they're merely stalling for time, story-wise.

I'm just about ready to see the DeVoe - Barry endgame at this point.

Comment

to be honest the flash is a CW show, and CW shows aren't ever going to kick off their tv channel because they are just so uninteresting outside of that channel. supergirl thought it could make it on CBS which, when me and my family were watching it, seemed so off because it was as a CW worthy show. lo and behold it quickly got moved to CW. idk if the cast actually thought it would survive on CBS or if it was simply a promo for the fans to go to CW. but if it aired originally on CW that wouldn't be a problem since CW fans are going to watch it.....

anyway my point is that CW shows aren't made to be taken seriously and are corny. honestly the best season is S2 for me. i had missed a huge portion of the show live and so when it was on netflix i binged it and loved it. but the current way it's going is just what i thought it would be, it lost a lot of its spark. the writers refuse to stop making barry and character constantly burdened by people around him and the only one keeping the show going for me is killer frost and her funky attitude.

Comment

The biggest problem with CW is that it just can't seem to let go of the idea that everything has to be sictomy... you know, where everything kind of resets at the end and there's no real character development, everything is the same, etc. That's the biggest problem with CW in general. The second problem is their addiction to shipping and or love triangles.

Which is a shame, because I see some CW writers come up with some real good gems now and then. That's the only reason why I continue to watch those shows on the CW, because I occasionally see the glimmer of some good there. I love those shows for the potential that they have, and not because they're actually good. I know that some parts of it is total trash, but I still like to watch... if anything it's a good source for fanfic ideas.

All of them unmasking themselves annoyed me. Was it really necessary to let her in on who you really are?
              Barry Allen doesn't seem to care much about his secret Identity... never have, not even from the very start.

Although it does makes me picture an amusing scenario where some other flashes cross over from alternate earths, and they're just bewildered at how easily Barry Allen seems to give up his secret ID. Imagine the look on their faces when they discover that even many of the villains know who Barry is... Captain cold, Heatwave, etc.....

I'm picturing alternate flashes like the one from JLA cartoon, the one from the movie universe, and of course the 90's Flash played by a young John Shipp.
              Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-28-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

A lot of what I've seen looks to be filler material and the "Enlightenment" endgame DeVoe has going on is probably gonna be within the last 4 or 5 episodes of the season, provided of course Marlize doesn't just up and leave him because she's clearly sick of him and at that point where she's just in over her head.

But despite my criticisms, I will say it beats much of season 3 with the whole "Let's run Barry through the guilt trip train" that started getting old well before the season finale.

Comment

Flash seems to be setting a pattern of introducing a big bad, Implying that they're a genius who is 10 steps ahead and then having the big bad leave them alone to muddle through fillers for half the season. I thought they were breaking away from their pattern a bit having a big-bad who isn't a speedster but given that one deviation they're doing everything they can to keep the rest the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎