Black Lightning #1.2 "Lawanda: The Book of Hope"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #1.2 "Lawanda: The Book of Hope"

Black Lightning is new tonight!

Talk about Episode 2 "Lawanda: The Book of Hope" here... photos, clips and more can be found at BlackLightningTV: http://blacklightningtv.com/black-li...-preview-clip/
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

No one seemed to do the Live thread thing but here's where you can talk about the episode! What did you think?

Comment

I actually thought it was much better than the pilot epidose. They toned things down a little bit, but still carried on some of the themes from the pilot ep.

This was a story about how a man was torn between wanting to watch out for his own family, and being the superhero that his city sorely needed at the moment. I thought that was handled pretty well.

And there was plenty of good character building too as well, as we get to learn more about him and his family.

Comment

So how do black lightning’s powers work, anyway? I saw the opening- are they something he can control, or has to keep in check? And i’m not sure how i feel about his daughters. Other than that, i’m wondering if they’re going to release a soundtrack album anytime soon.
        I think i don’t Like this whole “ black lightning is an addiction” angle they’re going for with lynn- and could his secretary be more obvious? I’m wondering if henderson already knows who black lightning is..
        Last edited by protege; 01-25-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

This show is going to be hard for me: These black people look all the same! OK, that was too harsh. But I do have an actual problem of keeping faces apart I'm not overly familiar with, in real life and TV. Put two blondes* in the same show with similar clothes and it will take quite a while before I can see either and put the correct character to her face before it is revealed by some other plot point. When these two women lay in bed, they looked pretty much the same for me. I had to concentrate on the different hair styles so I would remember which character said what for later reference. And only when one of them began talking about breaking the sink did I figure out that she's the elder daughter.

Aside from that I liked that the wife (sorry, I have not memorized a single name so far except for "Lala" and that one is a moot point now) acknowledged her hypocrisy regard the usage of the BL powers. And they also mentioned that his daughters cannot recognize him because to people in the show BL's face appears distorted. IMHO that should have been shown in the pilot but I hope they will show it at some point in the future. For now I can live with the "tell" instead of the "show".

*The reason the original Jimmy Olsen was fired after on season of Lois & Clark was that people felt he looked too similar to Clark. This problem I never had because Clark is the guy wearing glasses or wearing the suit. But in real life that sometimes gets me into a slight discomfort when someone approaches me and behaves like I must know who that person is but I absoluetely cannot place them. Then I usually wait and hope that by talking about stuff they will "reveal" where this person "belongs".
          Last edited by DJ Doena; 01-25-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Two episodes into the series, two quality starts IMO. I did think it was a bit quick to kill off "LaLa," which is a really odd name that I still can't get over, but he sounded like he'd make a good villain for the length of the series.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎