No announcement yet.

What did you think of "Midvale"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of "Midvale"?

Couldn't wait to talk about what I thought of the ep, so I made this review/ratings thread!
    10-Super!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1-Super depressing.
    0%

My review--

My god, this was one of the best Supergirl episodes that I've ever seen. I honestly thought it was going to be some lame flashback filler, but I was happy to be proved wrong.

First, the young teenage actors? They were cast so perfectly... There was times when I honestly forgot that they weren't the real Melissa Benoist and Chyler Leigh. They really captured the real personalities of the characters that Melissa Benoist and the other adult actresses portray on a regular basis.
    I wouldn't mind seeing their young counterparts come back one day in some way.

Also there was plenty of Smallville shoutouts from using the same school they had in Smallville to mentions of Chloe, Clark's friend. They were shamelessly pandering to smallville fans like me, and I loved it.

They realistically portrayed the sibling dymatic between the two sisters, and how they learned to bond with each other. It sucks that Kenny Li had to die, though.... but I guess it works for this ep.

Comment

That's it. We need a prequel series spinoff or more flashback episodes based on this.

The young actresses for Kara and Alex were dead-on as I can't see anyone else playing younger versions of them.

Deep down this wasn't a filler episode and I think this is the first time Winn is absent.

Erica Durance did a great job playing an agent named after the original Lois Lane. This is like the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

This episode was done when Melissa and Chris Wood were on vacation.

Great episode and probably the best one so far out of the third season.

Comment

Word to everything that's been said. Plus, I really appreciated Kara articulating how sudden and existential her upheaval was. It's obvious her parents and her aunt and uncle sent her and Clark to Earth due to proximity and the fact that they could pass for human. They didn't have the luxury of worrying over whether Earth was actually the best option. Sadly, it's actually not, and at some point, Kara is going to have to leave Earth, just as Alex left Maggie, because the world she's come to love can't provide everything she needs at the end of the day.

Comment

One word....CHLOE

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎