Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Phone Home" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phone Home" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down to tonight's Legends and talk about it LIVE as it airs!

Pics can be found here:

Ray's dead and he just wants to show everyone around his hometown. He's one of my favorite members of the team.

Comment

I didn't know "Stranger Things" aired on the CW tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
        I didn't know "Stranger Things" aired on the CW tonight.
        I'm getting a Stranger Things vibe from the episode as well. And that little baby Dominator is pretty cute.

Comment

Anyone else enjoying the presence of Zari so far?

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
            Anyone else enjoying the presence of Zari so far?
            So far she has been an interesting character.

The bike scene wasn't unexpected considering the title of the episode. It was still cool to see though.

Comment

so many 80's references.

Comment

This episode was confusing and the writers are not suited for time travel stories. Even if they got Ray as an adult before he was erased, he shouldn't exist. They could have time traveled back to meet the young Ray before he was killed so that the adult Ray is restored. Also the timeline should have changed as well if young Ray was dead.

Enough with the ET references as we get it. It's a cross between ET and Back To The Future.

Comment

Great; it’s not bad enough I hear that song from singing in the rain on that orange juice commercial- now I have to hear it here, too. At least now I know where it comes from. Still watching, but what is ray’s backstory? Also, if stein is always going to be this annoying, i’ll Be happy to see him go. At least we didn’t have the ‘stein’s grandbaby’ Plot dragged out all season.
                  Last edited by protege; 10-31-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Another episode, with inconsistent time travel rules. Okay, so Ray suddenly vanishes, because he's been killed in 1988. However, the grown Ray is back, once they've traveled back to 1988 (prior to his murder). In the middle of the episode's climax Jax, Stein and Mick has to rush off to 2017, to witness the birth of Stein's grandson (preventing Sara from locking the Dominator queen in the brig). Um, they have a time machine. They literaly have all the time in the world. They could wait 5-6 years and still make it in time.

Not a fan of all the E.T. references. Homages are one thing. It's quite another thing when they've clearly just watched the movie and tried to knock it off. "Hey, remember the part with the flying bikes?" Why don't I just watch the actual movie, if I wanna see that?

On a positive note, I liked the fact that they're already setting up for Stein's departure. It beats him, out of the blue, announcing his departure in his last few minutes on the show. Especially seeing as, due to him being half of Firestorm, his departure can't just be him walking off the ship in 2017. Arrangements have to be made. The big question is how they'll fix it. They've also never touched upon what would happen to Jax, if Stein would die. Would he become a regular person again or if he'd require a new partner, to keep the Firestorm matrix stable (like Stein in S2 of The Flash)?

I wouldn't be surprised if [SPOILER]Stein's grandson plays a part in the resolution of this issue (given that they named him "Ronnie"). Maybe he's artifically aged into a teenager (somehow) and becomes the new half of Firestorm, with his grandfather being the other half.[/SPOILER]

That just leaves the question of what will happen with Jax. Will he get a new partner as Firestorm or will they take the character in a different direction. I could see the latter, due to the cost of doing Firestorm on the show.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-20-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I like how Zari was able to read the crew in the first 5 minutes of the episode and mentioned "the old guy wants to be anywhere but on this ship." Way to wink at the fourth wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎