#4.6 "Hog Day Afternoon"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.6 "Hog Day Afternoon"

New Gotham tonight! Pics are here:

Add more credibility to your site - get a premium domain today. Straight-forward shopping experience.

I thought this episode was a complete snoozefest, unfortunately.

Nothing really happened to advance the plot, and we still haven't gotten an update on what's happened to Ivy.

The only bright spot, surprisingly, was finding out Leslie had already set up her clinic.

The rest of it was just ok. It just felt so slow and was a chore to sit through.

The Professor Pyg plot seemed so generic to me, although I'm curious to find out who he is.

I was a little surprised that Bullock was in Penguin's pocket, but not shocked. I hope he turns around.

I don't know. This one just felt like filler to me. I hope next week is better (The trailer looked good).

What did everybody else think?

Comment

I agree that everything felt like a boring filler from start to end.

Comment

I liked Pyg, personally. Not a fan when Gotham becomes too gory (which thankfully didn't happen here), but I think he fits the show's tone well. and the routine with the pig heads worked better than I thought it would. His appearance is also leading to some serious conflict between Jim and Harvey, by the looks of it. I do enjoy the friendship and partnership those two have, so hopefully it won't be something long term. The scene at the hospital where Harvey confessed to taking money (not that big of a shock given Harvey's mentality when Jim first met him) was the best of the episode, IMO.

Other than that, yeah, it wasn't the greatest of episodes. Taking Ra's out of the equation so early might not have been the smartest idea. He had a lot to do with how good the season's start has been. It's ok if Bruce skips one episode, but the overall storyline involving Ra's and his endgame was sorely missed this week.

Sadly Bruce wasn't the only character to go missing. Selina, Tabby, Ivy and Lucius did as well. Again, I think the show itself sometimes forgets how big its cast is.

Penguin and Sofia's arc was mostly boring.. I wish Sofia tried to con him in a different manner. I mean, didn't we see Oswald get heartbroken by someone he thought loved him back just last season?

And now for the shocker: I didn't mind Lee. At first I thought that working at Cherry's would lead to another dark storyline for her, but the underground clinic was a step in the right direction. It was nice to see her more mild mannered and even jovial at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          His appearance is also leading to some serious conflict between Jim and Harvey, by the looks of it. I do enjoy the friendship and partnership those two have, so hopefully it won't be something long term. The scene at the hospital where Harvey confessed to taking money (not that big of a shock given Harvey's mentality when Jim first met him) was the best of the episode, IMO.
          I'm ok with some conflict between them, so long as they dial back the holier than thou attitude Gordon can cop when he lectures somebody. I did gasp when Harvey's throat was cut, though.

Taking Ra's out of the equation so early might not have been the smartest idea. He had a lot to do with how good the season's start has been. It's ok if Bruce skips one episode, but the overall storyline involving Ra's and his endgame was sorely missed this week.
          and will probably be missed if his character is truly gone. The storyline really gave the show a central focus for the season.

Penguin and Sofia's arc was mostly boring.. I wish Sofia tried to con him in a different manner. I mean, didn't we see Oswald get heartbroken by someone he thought loved him back just last season?
          Which is why I'm hoping Cobblepot is really just playing along with her, knowing full well that she is trying to fool him.

And now for the shocker: I didn't mind Lee.

At first I thought that working at Cherry's would lead to another dark storyline for her, but the underground clinic was a step in the right direction. It was nice to see her more mild mannered and even jovial at some point.
          I agree. I liked the fact that she took responsibility for her involvement with the virus, too.

My only complaint about the clinic scene—and this might sound weird—was her hairstyle. She goes to get medicine for a patient (out of the cabinet), turns around, and the ponytail she's tied her hair back with is nearly hanging right above her buttcrack. Really? It's only a matter of time before she trips over it, injures herself, or worse. Thompkins needs a haircut, STAT!...

Comment

Awesome episode. Poor Penguin still doesn't really realize that he's being played like a fiddle.

Pyg is doing MUCH better this time around than on Beware the Batman, hopefully they continue to handle the character better than that animated show did. Because that show was just bad. Was wondering but...does anyone else suspect that Barnes might be the one hiding under the mask? A buddy of mine whom I watch the show with tossed the idea at me and I thought it was an interesting one.

****'s gonna hit the fan when Grundy finally realizes he's being played by Riddler. Only a matter of time. As far as Riddler goes I'm starting to think his problems are more mental issues from being humiliated twice in a row by Penguin and now his confidence has been shattered.

Nice breath of fresh air to see no Bruce this week, though I'm still eagerly waiting to see Ivy fully green skinned and controlling plants. Her reveal should be coming any day now, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              Which is why I'm hoping Cobblepot is really just playing along with her, knowing full well that she is trying to fool him.
              Hope so too, but he looks to be duped by her for the time being. It could get ugly if she also makes progress with Jim and the whole thing leads to a love triangle of sorts.

Originally posted by Aries83
              I agree. I liked the fact that she took responsibility for her involvement with the virus, too.

My only complaint about the clinic scene—and this might sound weird—was her hairstyle. She goes to get medicine for a patient (out of the cabinet), turns around, and the ponytail she's tied her hair back with is nearly hanging right above her buttcrack. Really? It's only a matter of time before she trips over it, injures herself, or worse. Thompkins needs a haircut, STAT!...
              Damn, I didn't notice her hair's length at first. It really goes down all the way to her waist! Although it's probably a better hair style than Barbara's this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                Pyg is doing MUCH better this time around than on Beware the Batman, hopefully they continue to handle the character better than that animated show did. Because that show was just bad. Was wondering but...does anyone else suspect that Barnes might be the one hiding under the mask? A buddy of mine whom I watch the show with tossed the idea at me and I thought it was an interesting one.
                It would make sense from a storyline perspective, but I think it's probably not Barnes. For what it's worth, IMDB lists a different actor as the one portraying Pyg. Also, I remember Barnes missing a hand?

Comment

Yeah, I doubt it's Barnes under that Pyg mask. For one, that voice doesn't sound like him...at all. And another thing is that I think Barnes wouldn't hide his face under a Pyg mask and kill.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎