No announcement yet.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch series announced

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabrina the Teenage Witch series announced

The CW is developing a series based around Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a possible Riverdale companion.

This is the only thing that interested me about Riverdale; When were they going to introduce Sabrina and/or when would there be a spin off featuring her.

I know this will not be the Melissa Joan Hart version of the character but, more like the source material (of which I have no knowledge of). I'm just happy that we'll get another series about witches.

I'll definitely watch the first few episodes out of curiosity but, I'll skip the flagship show; I'm still just not that interested.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      This is the only thing that interested me about Riverdale; When were they going to introduce Sabrina and/or when would there be a spin off featuring her.

I know this will not be the Melissa Joan Hart version of the character but, more like the source material (of which I have no knowledge of). I'm just happy that we'll get another series about witches.

I'll definitely watch the first few episodes out of curiosity but, I'll skip the flagship show; I'm still just not that interested.
      I stopped watching Riverdale after the first episode but, I never really liked the Riverdale characters growing up. I will watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch I watched the old series, the cartoon and the movie. The cartoon was based on the original comics before they rebooted in 2015.

The also liked Josie and the Pussycats from the 60s or 70s.

Comment

I just heard about this.

Crazy idea: If they could get Melissa Joan Hart to play one of the aunts—or a slightly older cousin of Sabrina—I'd totally watch it!

I'm more excited about this than I am for Season 2 of Riverdale. I know it starts soon, but I may just pass. I've got too many shows to keep up with as it is.

Tonally, I hope it will be A LOT darker than Riverdale.

Comment

Riverdale creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who’s writing the pilot for the series shared the first page of his script on Tuesday night, revealing some surprising information about Sabrina’s birth:

When the pilot begins, she’s already dating Harvey, plainly identified as her “boyfriend” in the script — though their relationship isn’t given more than a page before it undergoes its first test.

You see, in this version of Sabrina’s story, the teenage witch was apparently born in the middle of the woods. And unlike previous incarnations of the character, she isn’t about to keep her big secret to herself.

“I… wanted you to see where I was born, Harvey,” she says in the script. “Not in Greendale General, like it says on my birth certificate. Here. In this grove of trees. Almost sixteen years ago. … And, uhm, where I’ll be reborn this Saturday night. On my birthday. At the stroke of midnight. In the middle of a — a penumbral lunar eclipse. The kind that only happens once every sixty-six years. … That’s why I can’t go to Rosalind’s Halloween party this weekend.”

Is it a good excuse? Sure. But does it also have the potential to send “hunky” Harvey running off in the opposite direction? Absolutely. (Hey, just wait until he meets her talking cat!

http://tvline.com/2017/10/04/chillin...vey-confirmed/

Comment

I would be all for Harvey knowing the truth in this series, mainly because they did all the secrecy on the MJH version and it got old fast.

Comment

Riverdale spinoff The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which had been a favorite for a series order at The CW, has been ordered to series by Netflix.

Comment

I’m very excited that A. It landed at Netflix and B. It got a 2-season commitment...which most likely means it will be unrated to Riverdale (if it is, it’ll probably be like Marvel; any connection will be subtly made). It will be it’s own thing that won’t be tide down by another series.😁

Comment

Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men and Feud: Bette and Joan) has landed the lead role of Sabrina in the yet untitled new series.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/kiernan-...es-1202236650/

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21

As far as I know, the current run of the character in the comics is more like a horror series. Since they have turned Riverdale into a psychological crime thriller series, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabrina had more of a horror tone to it, but also with plenty of teenage angst (it's the CW after all !).

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                      As far as I know, the current run of the character in the comics is more like a horror series. Since they have turned Riverdale into a psychological crime thriller series, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabrina had more of a horror tone to it, but also with plenty of teenage angst (it's the CW after all !).
                      Not really. While it was originally developed for the CW, Sabrina got moved to Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Not really. While it was originally developed for the CW, Sabrina got moved to Netflix.
                        OK. That is actually good as we may get less teen drama then.

Comment

Jaz Sinclair (The Vampire Diaries) has been cast as Sabrina’s (Kiernan Shipka) best friend Rosalind Walker at Baxter High School

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...friend-1081547

Comment

First look of Salem (A voice-over actor has yet to be cast):

Comment

While it's not on The CW any longer -- Berlanti is still an exec producer. I think this revokes any immunity idols from teen angst. It can't be helped. People also thought LoT and SG would have less angst when they first started.

Let's hope they lean closer to a PG-13 American Horror Story gothic style, and less towards "Dawson's Creek ... with ghosts and other icky undead things".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎