No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amarice
    They won't share any scenes, so there will be no such problem. Last female character that was allowed near Oliver has been just send off. At least they hadn't killed Thea off. I'm really glad that I hadn't started watching S6 of "Arrow". I've seen the goodbye scene between Oliver and Thea (apparently in "Arrow" there is also Goodbye Road, just like Cursed Back Alley Behind Police Precinct in Glades) and it felt just like another obligatory point that got checked out on the list.

Btw. if I get it rigth it seems that Black Siren wants to get back Laurel's position in DA office. Did she study law/worked as a lawyer on E-2?
    Not that I remember but it's not bout the job itself, more than likely at this point it's about the power and the safety it provides. Don't forget, she's bound to have a zillion ghosts from her past who would LOVE to haunt her as enemies. She probably just figures she can simply wing it and the job will keep her safe while the offices power keep's team arrow at bay.

Comment

• Colton Haynes will be returning to the show next season as a series regular...I guess three’s a crowd with Thea & Nyssa

http://tvline.com/2018/04/09/arrow-s...s-regular-roy/
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-09-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        Colton Haynes will be returning to the show next season as a series regular...I guess three’s a crowd with Thea & Nyssa

http://tvline.com/2018/04/09/arrow-s...s-regular-roy/
        Good news.

Comment

• Now that Roy is coming back, I wonder how they'll address the notion that the world believes Roy was the Hood/Arrow and that he is allegedly dead as of S3. Oliver owes a lot to Roy for his sacrifice back then. I hope Team Arrow -- whatever new form it takes -- remembers what he did. Oliver would be on the hook for the Hood's crimes, if not for Roy taking the fall.

It looks like Roy is going to be part of this revamped Team Arrow, along with either BS or BC, one or more NTA'ers, and Diggle and Felicity likely taking a back seat to give the S7 team some breathing room. After six years, the roster is due an infusion.

Comment

• I'm sure Curtis will be one of them since they love to make Oliver an idiot who can't use a computer (ignoring their own canon from S4 where Felicity herself said Oliver didn't need her).

As for whether its Dinah or Laurel-2 who ends up being on the S7 team, it honestly depends on how spiteful MG is feeling and whether Quentin Lance dies because of Diaz. Because while she might pretend not to care about him around Diaz and all the others, its obvious that Laurel-2 does care about Quentin and if he dies because of Diaz, she would potentially want to try and be the person he saw in her instead of the person she's continually put herself forward as. As to MG's spite? He likes to punish the actors through their characters, IMO, and we've seen it with all of them at this point. So, much as I like what Katie Cassidy had to say at that Dutch convention, I can't help but wonder if that means either Black Siren is already confirmed as irredeemable (hilarious considering they just essentially redeemed Damien Darhk on Legends) or if Guggenheim will 'get back' at her with the writing for her character.

Of course, in the end, the show will remain stagnant unless they get rid of the ones dragging it down, and I'm not talking about just the characters of Felicity and Diggle, whose stories have long since dried up. No, I'm referring to the people who've been repeating the same storylines in various forms for the past four seasons (3, 4, 5, and this season): Guggenheim and Mericle.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDBentz
              I'm sure Curtis will be one of them since they love to make Oliver an idiot who can't use a computer (ignoring their own canon from S4 where Felicity herself said Oliver didn't need her).

As for whether its Dinah or Laurel-2 who ends up being on the S7 team, it honestly depends on how spiteful MG is feeling and whether Quentin Lance dies because of Diaz. Because while she might pretend not to care about him around Diaz and all the others, its obvious that Laurel-2 does care about Quentin and if he dies because of Diaz, she would potentially want to try and be the person he saw in her instead of the person she's continually put herself forward as. As to MG's spite? He likes to punish the actors through their characters, IMO, and we've seen it with all of them at this point. So, much as I like what Katie Cassidy had to say at that Dutch convention, I can't help but wonder if that means either Black Siren is already confirmed as irredeemable (hilarious considering they just essentially redeemed Damien Darhk on Legends) or if Guggenheim will 'get back' at her with the writing for her character.

Of course, in the end, the show will remain stagnant unless they get rid of the ones dragging it down, and I'm not talking about just the characters of Felicity and Diggle, whose stories have long since dried up. No, I'm referring to the people who've been repeating the same storylines in various forms for the past four seasons (3, 4, 5, and this season): Guggenheim and Mericle.
              this brings up some interesting points and possibly speculation.

I wonder if Guggie is feeling put out...because by the sound of things, I can't help but wonder if someone higher up on the show's production team stepped in and told him to tone down Felicity's presence and their priorities on her in favor of fixing their Laurel debacle after fan backlash. I'll do some research into the matter but I hope that's the case.

If they do end up cleaning house and fixing their messes, I just might start watching the show again. From what I hear Felicity and Oliver will be "taking a break" soon so I'm hoping that might lead to a divorce. If that happens, I'll start watching again, and feel a little bad for William.

I just hope who ever stepped in can keep Guggie's leash held tight to prevent too much vengeance to the fans vendetta and allow them to redeem laurel. That way my prediction of most of the team treating Laurel 2 like nothing happened by mid season 7 can come to pass with her and oliver getting together a year or two down the line from then.

Lots of stars have to align for this to happen, but it's not impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                Now that Roy is coming back, I wonder how they'll address the notion that the world believes Roy was the Hood/Arrow and that he is allegedly dead as of S3. Oliver owes a lot to Roy for his sacrifice back then. I hope Team Arrow -- whatever new form it takes -- remembers what he did. Oliver would be on the hook for the Hood's crimes, if not for Roy taking the fall.

It looks like Roy is going to be part of this revamped Team Arrow, along with either BS or BC, one or more NTA'ers, and Diggle and Felicity likely taking a back seat to give the S7 team some breathing room. After six years, the roster is due an infusion.
                According to David Ramsey all members on Team Arrow (OTA + NTA) will be back next year, but for the sake of Arrow's few remaining fans, I hope that's just a misunderstanding and they are going to get rid of the newbies. I won't be watching either way, but I just don't see how a team made up of 7 full-time members is going to work. The writers simply don't have the necessary skills to balance such a big cast and if they do decide to write around it by keeping OTA and NTA seperate, they might as well get rid of the newbs alltogether because there's just no point in keeping so many characters around who don't have any connection to the show's main protagonist.

Comment

• The team does need to be leaner, but it also does need fresh blood. Roy coming back may be good news because he's s fan favourite, but it does make me wonder if they'll pretend that everyone in the city is okay that Roy is alive. The public knows him as the murderous Hood -- that's a mountain-sized canonical plot point they're going to have to navigate around in S7. Maybe he'll be using aliases from now on, and never go in public?

Also, Roy being a regular cast member decreases the odds of Laurel being a regular next year. I wasn't fond of a redemption arc for BS, as much as I liked KC returning this season. It just seems too much like TPTB and fans wanting to walk back Eleven Fifty Nine, involving all the creative hoop-jumping (not all of it convincing -- looking at you, crazy kidnapping Quentin) we've had to see so far. KC did fine as BS, but E2 Laurel has found herself in a similar boat as the newbies --- a crowded roster and not enough space on the show, less so if Roy is now a regular.

My problem with the vets is that after six years, they've become stale as characters. While I didn't think Diggle and Felicity were ever going to disappear, I think it would be a good move if they stepped back. They could still have a presence on the series -- just not the boring, repetitive one they've had these past few seasons.

Whether any of the newbies should be on the main roster is a matter of taste, but Team Arrow does need fresh blood regardless. After six years, I feel it's unavoidable if they wish to refresh the show in its seventh year. Curtis could take up the techie job, as it's clear Felicity has taken on more William parenting of late. Dinah staying might be also WB/DC putting their foot down and insisting that there is a BC on any GA show (only my speculation at this point).

This doesn't rule out that any of the team could transfer to another show like LoT sooner or later, and BS could be likely ... assuming she is redeemed.

Maybe on paper they wanted to sell this transition to a newer roster, but they totally mishandled the civil war, the arc they should have nailed creatively. They were too afraid to make OTA look bad and make NTA too sympathetic. I tended to be more sympathetic to the newbies at various times (my own bias), but both sides came off as idiotic and juvenile. All their side issues were sound and noise, but the bottom line for me is that its fallout reflects poorly on Oliver's leadership. NTA could be completely in the wrong, or OTA could have poisoned the well from the start with their spying -- it's white noise: it happened under Oliver's watch.

And as silly as Diggle's wish to be GA was, it was Oliver's leadership that Diggle ultimately questioned, and with some good reason, he's not just blowing smoke here. Diggle's no saint, as he backed some of Oliver's bad calls over the years, often without question or lukewarm resistance -- but he has called him out over the years too. I actually think their clash happened two or three seasons too late and Diggle should have challenged the direction/philosophy/tone of Oliver's team leadership much sooner. Maybe in late S2, or at the latest after the S3 Al Sahhim ploy.

Diggle's characterization problem was that they made him too loyal, almost blindingly loyal, for too long. His 'yes man' tendencies did irritate me, especially when he had grounds to defy Oliver's decisions but remained mute. The guy's not a robot, he is his own man and they didn't flesh this out enough over the years. Hence fans' understandable confusion with Diggle's defiance now. It's just that we saw too little of it.

Having seven or more team members going out together is too much, but perhaps S7 Team Arrow will be ... something else. Oliver might be more independent and just bring in team members on a per-mission basis. They're already experimenting with this a bit with the newbies this year, so it could play out like this in S7. The only time we 'need' to see a full roster is a season finale or some crossover event. They could have 7-8 official members on standby ... but only two or three of them in the field at any given time.

Comment

• If, as it seems, Berlanti, Guggie et al pride themselves on strong feminist characters in Arrow (whether or not they actually succeed at this is another matter; point is they think they do), sidelining Felicity to mostly a stepmom role for William in S7 would be a very bad look. Especially if they do so and then fail to place another female character as a regular on the team.

Comment

• She's had a few scenes with William -- not much really -- but what I think will happen in S7 is that Felicity and Curtis will stop dithering about getting their start-up co. going and this will be how they will try to keep her relevant to the team/series even if she's not at the Arrowcave 24/7 -- she spends way too long there. When does she go to the bank, buy groceries, do her laundry, etc. It's as if her life revolves around that lair and that's it.

It reminds me somewhat about Lana and the Isis Foundation -- when she was treading water as a relevant character as SV wore on, they come up with something for her to do that supposedly still connected her to the show. It's the same thing with Iris. She might not have been catapulted into the lead spot from obscurity like Felicity was, but she too is another lead female character who got stuck with the albatross of being the primary love interest. 'Run, Iris, Run' pointed out all the things that made Iris problematic for fans and at least she's gone back to blogging again. I don't know how James is doing on SG this season, but he seemed to suffer from similar problems. Not getting any mileage as Kara's love interest? Make him relevant by turning him into a vigilante. Maybe Felicity, James, Iris and Lana should all work at Isis. (Have at it, fan fic'ers!)

We don't know yet what they mean by Felicity wanting to "step back" in this next ep., but focusing on her non-Arrow career or life (I know, 3 seasons too late) would seem to be the way to go -- with her pep talking stepson William as her prerequisite CW melodrama angle. The shippers got their "end game", but outside of that fandom, the married Queens have been a bore this season.

They'll probably show Felicity next season running a start-up, popping into the cave for Overwatch duties once in awhile ... and parenting William in place of p/t dad Mayor Oliver. 'She can do it all!!!' will probably the pitch for her in S7. (Oliver may be doing more Mr. Mom duties if he's drummed out of office by season's end -- this is just as likely too.)

I feel they have to dismantle OTA as it stands. The status quo was not an option, after 6+ years. Hopefully Diggle will spend more time with his own family and ARGUS globe-trotting, and Felicity will do her start-up thing. It's best they spend less time in the Arrowcave in S7, if TPTB can't give them anything inventive to do as Team Arrow members going forward.

As for the body that should drop: it should be Quentin. Roy being a regular in S7 could mean somebody else is ceding their spot, and it probably should be the nutty detective who sees his dead daughter in a total stranger from another earth. He's been playing hide-and-seek with the Grim Reaper for a few seasons now. I like Quentin, but it's time to let that scythe drop. A death and glory ending, trying to redeem E2 Laurel looks about right.

Or, if they can't do the deed, they can rekindle his fling with Donna and he can be a security boss in Vegas, or something ...

(LoT season 4):

"Sara: Who are you supposed to be again, Dad?

Quentin (in a sleek black cycling bodysuit, grease paint for his eyes and spare Island Oliver wig): I'm Dude Canary, baby. Who are we fightin'? Damien Darhk? Dictator Oliver on that Nazi earth? *wheezes* Just lemme catch my breath first. Nobody told me there were two flights of stairs from the training room to the Waverider bridge!

Nate: What's your meta power?

Quentin: Son, my meta power is calling y'all out on your mistakes whenever and however I see 'em! Starting with you. Put some sleeves on that costume, you're giving me the flu just lookin' at you. You on the Olympic sprinting team or somethin', buddy?

Nate: *hurt* I thought the tank top made me look like a badass ...

Sara: You're going to fit in just fine, Daddy -- er, I mean, Dude Canary.

Quentin: Damn right I will. Now is someone going to fetch me a real cup of coffee? That swill in the lunchroom's not fit to drink!"

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                        They'll probably show Felicity next season running a start-up, popping into the cave for Overwatch duties once in awhile ... and parenting William in place of p/t dad Mayor Oliver. 'She can do it all!!!' will probably the pitch for her in S7. (Oliver may be doing more Mr. Mom duties if he's drummed out of office by season's end -- this is just as likely too.)
                        The problem I see is that if he not mayor any more he does not have any cover at all. He is not spoiled, rich son any more, right? And he cannot really be GA as long as so many know that he is. His situation is more like his twin's in the last crossover - he is the official leader and the masked assassin and everybody knows it. The difference is that while people know it they still fight him but with gloved hands - all of this is never explained. At times I wonder if there is actually some real big bad in the background that does not want Oliver Queen killed but turned to work for bid bad (Anakin Skywalker like). Because at the moment I don't really get motives and plans of the either the good ones or the bad ones in this series.

Alienating Oliver from his team/friends is actually a recurring theme since season two, starting with crazy Slade Wilson wanting it, and here it made sense. Chase also made sense though on a lesser level, IMO. But this season I don't understand how and why.

I also don't understand what they are doing with Anatoly. Now and then he appears (and I am grateful) but we never know what kind of game he plays.

Comment

• If there is a Big Bad, it should be Ra's al Ghul, IMO. Especially since we now know there are other LPs. It was something I already suspected, TBH, because stolen waters from the Nanda Parbat LP would last both Talia AND Damien so long, and we already see that Damien didn't have his magic until he (presumably) had the idol stolen from ARGUS. However, this sort of thing requires good storytelling ability and long-term planning. . . two things which Marc, Wendy, and their writers lack in spades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freawaru

I also don't understand what they are doing with Anatoly. Now and then he appears (and I am grateful) but we never know what kind of game he plays.

Based off what he said to Black Siren a few episodes, ago, he's there to get revenge on Oliver and to make lots of money...joining and working with whoever can provide him with both things.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                              Based off what he said to Black Siren a few episodes, ago, he's there to get revenge on Oliver and to make lots of money...joining and working with whoever can provide him with both things.
                              Revenge on Oliver, that's a joke. The only real problems anatoly are suffering from are problems caused by himself. He blames Oliver for getting kicked out of the Bratva, right? Did it ever occur to him that he was just not meant to be an evil crime lord and didn't have the necessary stomach to do what most Bratva leaders do?

Heck I think even as far back as season 2 he already demonstrated that he was light years different from your typical gang lords. And that was before he established his friendship with Oliver.

I think he's basically pointing the blame at Oliver because once again its easier to blame others than to take responsibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                                Yes, but he said it to BS, right? Might have hidden his true agenda.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎