No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amarice
    I'm afraid Quentin's fate is sealed. I like him, remember, and characters I like never end up good.

It's a pity that they wasn't able to use Quentin's character in good way ever since they removed him from the police force without good reason. Now he would be probably killed off for the sake of Black Siren's redemption arc or some other nonsense (death as the motivation is very overused trope). The last link with Oliver's life before the island will be gone.
    Not everyone. If Quentin dies, Slade is still technically alive (for how much longer, who knows?) and chasing after his kid.

Also Huntress is still technically alive if they can ever get the actress available again and her character out of jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
      Not everyone. If Quentin dies, Slade is still technically alive (for how much longer, who knows?) and chasing after his kid.

Also Huntress is still technically alive if they can ever get the actress available again and her character out of jail.
      I meant characters who knew pre-island Ollie and post-island. He met Slade on the island and Huntress after his return. All Lances, Queens and Merlyns are or will be gone. There E-2 Laurel but it seems she is not the same person as E-1 Laurel and also she doesn't share too much scenes with Oliver. At this point it's clear that they're not interested in developing any sort of connection between Oliver and Black Siren.

There will be some "Tommy" in next episode, but it seems it's fake Tommy (what was the name of that guy who could "change" faces? ).

Trying to imagine the scene in the court.

DA: So, Mr. Merlyn, you were pretending to be dead for five years and during that time you were the Green Arrow.

Fake Tommy: Yup. See how clever?

Judge (silently to himself): Why on Earth I agree to take that %^&$#@ case? How many Green Arrows one city can have???

Comment

• RIP Quentin. Best of luck to Paul. Hope he ends up in some really good projects that I would enjoy watching in the future. Meanwhile, I'd like to be a BTS fly-on-the-wall. Is Q's leaving because: Guggie had already planned to write the character out anyway, or did this idea originate from Schwartz, or did Paul want out?

Originally posted by Amarice
        Judge (silently to himself): Why on Earth I agree to take that %^&$#@ case? How many Green Arrows one city can have???
        LOL. Sounds to me like the good citizens of Star City need to ask the city officials to put together a "Green Arrow Commission," get themselves a special prosecutor and investigate this question!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelby Kent
          RIP Quentin. Best of luck to Paul. Hope he ends up in some really good projects that I would enjoy watching in the future. Meanwhile, I'd like to be a BTS fly-on-the-wall. Is Q's leaving because: Guggie had already planned to write the character out anyway, or did this idea originate from Schwartz, or did Paul want out?
          I think it's the normal thing happening in the shows that run for 5+ seasons. Actors just want to move on, especially if they have background parts. If Quentin dies for the sake of BS redemption it would be favorite trope on many writers. But let's stay optimistic, maybe they just go on long road trip with Laurel-2 to get to know each other better, and in 6x01 it will be said that Quentin is currently on Florida, enjoying his retirement, sipping a non-alcoholic drink (with little umbrella) and fishing as he had decided that he has enough of annual catastrophes in May. He will come back for a special episode when the first child of Oliver and Felicity will be born, of course, as a good grandpa would do.

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
          LOL. Sounds to me like the good citizens of Star City need to ask the city officials to put together a "Green Arrow Commission," get themselves a special prosecutor and investigate this question!
          I wonder if in S6 they have the same judge as in 1x05? I was positively surprised that they brougth back Jean Loring (Moira's friend and lawyer who represented her).

Okay, so where is Doctor Pressnall? Guggie promised me, after all.

Comment

• Even though I've enjoyed Quentin's run over the years, I feel he's run out of story after six years.

A death and glory ending to put over E2 Laurel looks to be in the cards. Or exile or riding off into the sunset, if he's lucky. His best-before date in practical terms was likely S4. He probably should have been abducted by the Dominators too, so he could experience some proper closure re: E1 Laurel. As much as we like Quentin -- they haven't really done anything intriguing with the character in some time. His wonky 'redeem E2 Laurel' arc this season is essentially his last gasp at relevance. E1 Laurel's death left his character stuck in a rut, it's as if they didn't know how to use him after that.

We can only guess that Blackthorne may have also been ready to move on after six years. Even though many fans (myself included) long suspected that Quentin's time on the show was expiring at least since S4 (he was a grave candidate back then), some of the more casual or less invested viewers who don't keep tabs on speculation and/or social media "didn't" know it was a done deal.

It's these fans I feel bad for, since some of the clickbait-happy outlets spoiled what could have been a surprise plot outcome for them with the PB news. What the outlets did was reveal a potentially significant plot detail, before a Quentin departure ep. had even aired. I'm a bit miffed on behalf on those casual viewers, despite personally expecting a Quentin exit since S4. What may seem obvious to us might not have looked that way to others.

PB is a talented actor, he often raised the material he was given to another level. Quentin as a character just hasn't been given a whole lot to work with for two seasons and that trend was sadly not going to change.

Thanos probably should have demanded silence about this news too.

Comment

• Why can't Quentin be the the mayor and appear now and then - just not every episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freawaru
                Why can't Quentin be the the mayor and appear now and then - just not every episode?
                Because that would STILL mean that he would have to commit his time to doing his show, and Paul might have other projects lined up that take higher priority, especially if they pay better than the CW does.

Comment

• I think most people think that
                  Quentin is going to die and I won't be too shocked if this happens.

However ….. thinking out the box.

What if Sara and Earth2 Laurel team up to fight the bad guys and Earth2 Laurel gets critically injured and at the point of death.
                  Earth2 Laurel speaks to Sara saying she hopes her change for the better has made a difference and would be remembered.

Sara thinks and comes up with a plan so that Earth2 Laurel's death could make a difference to peoples lives in the future.

Sara takes Earth2 Laurels body to the Waverider and travels back in time.....

Wally West (who is part of the Legends) makes a speedster run to hospital to swap out Earth1 Laurel with Earth2 Laurel.

Oliver Queen suddenly discovers that Laurel (who was fine moments ago) is dying. Earth2 Laurel dies. Oliver thinks it is Earth1 Laurel.

Wally takes Earth1 Laurel to the Waverider and is healed by Giedion in the sickbay. Earth1 Laurel travels with the Legends for many new adventures.

Comment

• Apparently, David Ramsey informed fans at a recent con that there's going to be an Olicity pregnancy in season 7. I haven't watched the show since the winter break (and still haven't found the energy to sit through Willa's farewell episode), but it's nice to have confirmation early that Arrow's still going to suck balls under the guise of a new writing team, which should surprise nobody. If the CW really wanted to take this show into a new direction, they wouldn't have promoted from within.
                    Last edited by shadow08; 05-13-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• They are just checking items off the Olicity fanfiction list at this point. Ridiculous. Beth proving herself to be equally clueless as her predecessors.

I love how a few weeks ago I said that I had an itch to still find out what's going on with the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow08
                        Apparently, David Ramsey informed fans at a recent con that there's going to be an Olicity pregnancy in season 7. I haven't watched the show since the winter break (and still haven't found the energy to sit through Willa's farewell episode), but it's nice to have confirmation early that Arrow's still going to suck balls under the guise of a new writing team, which should surprise nobody. If the CW really wanted to take this show into a new direction, they wouldn't have promoted from within.
                        And people thought that S7 might be an improvement? The writers either don't have clue or know very well what they're doing (putting fanservice for the section of fandom that will swallow every nonsense as long as they got scenes that give them "Olicity feels).

Btw. didn't they have some scene with omelettes/scrabled eggs again? I wish they've spend as much time showing how to glue arrows!

Originally posted by costas22
                        They are just checking items off the Olicity fanfiction list at this point. Ridiculous. Beth proving herself to be equally clueless as her predecessors.

I love how a few weeks ago I said that I had an itch to still find out what's going on with the show.
                        By the look of that (timing) it seems that Iron Heigths allows conjugal visits after all. I'm half tempted to write a crack fic with Olicity baby conceived in such a setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarice

By the look of that (timing) it seems that Iron Heigths allows conjugal visits after all. I'm half tempted to write a crack fic with Olicity baby conceived in such a setting.
                          Don't worry. I'm almost certain one or two shippers have asked for some prison Olicity sex. And the show will probably oblige as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                            Don't worry. I'm almost certain one or two shippers have asked for some prison Olicity sex. And the show will probably oblige as usual.
                            Who cares that Oliver's life as free man is over after all*? The most important scene in 7x01 would be prison Olicity sex flashback, because I'm sure that even if they put him behind bars, he will be out before anyone would have time to say "you have failed this city omelette".

*It would be over, if those writers had shown some consistency. They will surely find some idiotic way to reset the situation, as nothing in this show stays final, except the members of Lance family being dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by saiwong
                              I think most people think that
                              Quentin is going to die and I won't be too shocked if this happens.

However ….. thinking out the box.

What if Sara and Earth2 Laurel team up to fight the bad guys and Earth2 Laurel gets critically injured and at the point of death.
                              Earth2 Laurel speaks to Sara saying she hopes her change for the better has made a difference and would be remembered.

Sara thinks and comes up with a plan so that Earth2 Laurel's death could make a difference to peoples lives in the future.

Sara takes Earth2 Laurels body to the Waverider and travels back in time.....

Wally West (who is part of the Legends) makes a speedster run to hospital to swap out Earth1 Laurel with Earth2 Laurel.

Oliver Queen suddenly discovers that Laurel (who was fine moments ago) is dying. Earth2 Laurel dies. Oliver thinks it is Earth1 Laurel.

Wally takes Earth1 Laurel to the Waverider and is healed by Giedion in the sickbay. Earth1 Laurel travels with the Legends for many new adventures.
                              I would like this. Not only would we get the original Laurel back but it would also explain her sudden change of health in season four that is completely unexplained so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                                Because that would STILL mean that he would have to commit his time to doing his show, and Paul might have other projects lined up that take higher priority, especially if they pay better than the CW does.
                                Makes sense. But then again do we need a mayor to appear in every episode or so? They could write the story in a way that he only has to appear once or twice as special guest star (or not at all, just mentioned now and then like they do with other characters that are not available) .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎