Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savitar, and how to defeat him - explained.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savitar, and how to defeat him - explained.

This, is pretty straightforward to be honest.

Ep 3x19

In this clip, Future (Emo) Barry tells our Barry,

"You will go back. You will do everything you can think of to save her. You're even going to create time remnants of yourself, but he's going to kill them all - mostly (note the mostly here).

In this clip, from last night, our Barry tells Savitar

"My future self told me, that he (me) created time remnants to stop you, that (or but), not 100% sure of the word, but the meaning is the same)) you slaughtered them all.

Savitar: "All but one. Me."

Therefore, regardless of how much or to where, Savitar has time travelled around since then. If Barry DOESN'T create time remnants of himself when he is 'supposed to', then when that 'supposed to' moment passes by, Savitar, like Eobard, should cease to exist in the present timeline.

From the 3x19 speech, it would seem plain to me that Barry creates those remnants the night Iris is meant to die as he was saying it in the SAME sentence/context of trying to save Iris. (So I don't know where on Earth Cisco and Co started talking 4 years from now in last night's ep. 4 years from now is merely the time when Tracy/Flash, stop Savitar.)

Savitar has therefore given Flash and Co the answer to defeat him. Don't do anything, just ride it out, and theoretically Iris (or anyone who face changes to save her) won't die when the time comes.

That's what should happen, given proper time travel rules. The problem is that the show, to excuse its retcons, came up with the ridiculous notion of time travel rules not applying to Savitar. Ok, when Barry lost his memory so did Savitar, but lets conveniently ignore that.

I think your suggestion will definitely be brought up over the next 2 episodes. And they will use Savitar's time travel immunity to work around that and come up with a convoluted way of defeating him that probably involves Barry doing something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      That's what should happen, given proper time travel rules. The problem is that the show, to excuse its retcons, came up with the ridiculous notion of time travel rules not applying to Savitar. Ok, when Barry lost his memory so did Savitar, but lets conveniently ignore that.

I think your suggestion will definitely be brought up over the next 2 episodes. And they will use Savitar's time travel immunity to work around that and come up with a convoluted way of defeating him that probably involves Barry doing something stupid.
      Fact is though, no one is immune. Die in the past, and you die in the present as well, as when you left the present you ceased to exist there. Travel to and die in the future and you're also dead in the present too (as you left the present to go to the future).

So whether you die in the past, present or future, you effectively die in the present (if that makes sense).

If Barry does NOT create remnants, Savitar WILL die because all along, Savitar is from a possible future, essentially a different timeline. So if you don't create those time remnants, don't allow that possible future to exist in your timeline, Savitar SHOULD disappear from it.

He'll STILL exist, but it will be in a different timeline to the one the show's characters are in. That's why he can't/won't kill Iris or whoever, before that night, even though with his speed (and his memories of where Iris would be) he could quite easily do so. He HAS to wait until after Barry creates those remnants because he knows that if he doesn't he won't exist.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎