Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "What if..."?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "What if..."?

So, alternate realities have been a staple for a long time and I was going in this with rather low expectations (especially after such a long break).

But I actually rather enjoyed it. At least big chunks of it. The callback to Tahiti, the thing with Ward (bad guy pretending to be good in the 'real world', good guy pretending to be bad in the Framework--nice), etc.

I don't like May being so Hydra converted but it's an interesting thing to see played out. It was weird hearing Daisy be called Skye after all this time. I'd finally gotten used to calling her Daisy (actually mostly refer to her as Quake--and how cute was that when Ward made fun of her 'Quake' hand thing).

Aida as Madame Hydra was all right.

So, pretty good episode.
    10--better than virtual reality
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than working for Hydra
    0%

I haven't been watching the series consistently since the 10pm time slot change but, I really enjoyed this episode. It actually kept my attention.

I wasn't sure throughout the episode if Simmons and Daisy would find each other. Ward being a double agent again (this time a good guy) was a nice callback. And Coulson "waking up" at the end was a nice touch.

Comment

The title is a callback to an old comic series, which explored alternative events. Basically, what if Gwen Stacy had lived? What if Uncle Ben had lived (and May died)? In the case of the episode it's "What if May hadn't killed that girl?", "what if Ward was a good guy?", "What if Fitz and Simmons had never met?" I thought they did a very good job with it. Okay, so May didn't shoot that girl. In a dream scenario, that would make everything great. Instead, it turned into a nightmare, where HYDRA is in charge of the world.

I like that Coulson was shown to already be doubting this reality, before Daisy came to him. It's not simply Daisy contacting him, that causes him to "wake up". If they hadn't, I would've hated it (though, I still rolled my eyes a little). As Daisy would then be portrayed as some big savior, whose mere appearance can snap them all out this illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        I like that Coulson was shown to already be doubting this reality, before Daisy came to him. It's not simply Daisy contacting him, that causes him to "wake up". If they hadn't, I would've hated it (though, I still rolled my eyes a little).
        I also liked that Phil wasn't completely brain washed. Like you, jon, I would have been angry if it had been Daisy's appearance in the Framwork that 'woke' him.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎