Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The British Invasion"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The British Invasion"?

Okay, so this one? Was not very good, IMO.

I love me some Harry Potter but this was almost a straight up rip off! I mean, the flashback to fake Hogwarts at the start was a big “danger, Will Robinson” sign for me. Pitting the boys against each other as well? Oh good, an organization fronted by discount!Dolores Umbridge that makes kids kill to prove their loyalty. Cause we’ve never seen that before. *rolls eyes*

Eileen returns (the one bright spot in the episode, except for one other—we’ll get to that), with longer hair. She and Sam get their flirt on (cute!).

Dean sleeping on the table was fun.

Lucifer giving in and licking the floor. Hands up if you saw a trick/charade/or shenanigans coming? *raises hand* And for Crowley to swallow that? I had a hard time believing that bit of characterization, myself.

Ketch and Mary. No…just, no.

The doc gets ganked, because of course he does.

The throwaway discount!Draco Malfoy was pointless. Except to die.

Dean nabs Kelly and brings her to the group. Eileen shoots the Colt (that effect will never not be cool!) and misses, hitting Discount!Draco.

Boss Lady shows up and is all stupid about the Winchesters (yeah, where were the BMOL when Lucifer was rising? When the Darkness was taking over the world? When the Leviathian were let out? The Winchesters stopped them all. You’d think that would give them a free pass with this people.).

I really and truly did not see Ketch offing Mick coming. That was an unexpected twist. I’m not sorry he’s gone, though. The BMOL have not been great antagosnists this season, IMO.

And here is the other excellent moment of the episode—the boys have the Colt back! Yay.

Then we end with Boss Lady saying all Hunters are to be killed. Yeah, cause that’s smart. Kill all the people trained or capable of stopping demons and monsters. Sure, why not?

Just…not a good episode to me.
    10--better than a cup of tea
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than licking the floor
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    Boss Lady shows up and is all stupid about the Winchesters (yeah, where were the BMOL when Lucifer was rising? When the Darkness was taking over the world? When the Leviathian were let out? The Winchesters stopped them all. You’d think that would give them a free pass with this people.).
    Well, to be fair on this point, the Winchesters were literally THE cause of all of those things you mentioned...Sam caused the Devil to be set free because he chose Ruby over Dean, Sam basically set The Darkness free when he cured Dean of the Mark, they were responsible for the whole Leviathan fiasco because they couldn't keep Cas on his leash and allowed him to become God 2.0.

The BMOL are evil for HOW they respond to this, yes, but they aren't wrong on why they don't trust the Winchesters and even somewhat consider them enemies. We have the bias in their favors because we watch the show, but thinking as an outsider looking in and pretending you don't know anything about the Winchesters at all...I find it hard pressed to call them heroes.

Even other hunters have been known to pursue the Winchesters as enemies because of the crap they pull. Lest we forget Sam was hunted for his shenanigans in seasons 1-2.

For everyone else not biased towards the Winchesters looking in on their story its basically them trying to play clean up on what ever horrors they unleash on the world. Not exactly the stuff heroes are made of in this world.

Comment

Well shoot, I bet Mick didn't see his death coming like that, lol.

And sure, Boss Lady wants Ketch to kill all of the hunters....including Dean and Sam. Yeah, good luck with that....Ketch is a pretty good killer, but he won't come anywhere close to killing Sam and Dean. Both have gone up against far worse than Ketch...it's more likely that Mary stabs him in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
        Well, to be fair on this point, the Winchesters were literally THE cause of all of those things you mentioned.
        True, very true. To an outsider eye they likely do look like the cause of a lot of the woes of the world.

Even other hunters have been known to pursue the Winchesters as enemies because of the crap they pull. Lest we forget Sam was hunted for his shenanigans in seasons 1-2.
        True again. Even up to Season 4, where those 2 hunters killed Sam and Dean because of them raising Lucifer. (still want Dean to find those guys--Roy and Walt.)

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
        it's more likely that Mary stabs him in the back.
        I think that's what will likely happen as well. Mary will have to face off with Ketch who will be all "we once had that night" and she'll respond "doesn't matter. You're messing with my boys." and take him down.

Comment

One thing that really bothered me about this episode was Mary and Ketch. Considering that Mary has only been a "widow" in her mind for a few months, this hookup IMO is out of character for her. Well, at least out of character for the 11 years of her character development in the background...sure, she had been brought up a hunter, but supposedly left the family business to marry John and supposedly live happily ever after. The only time we see some rift in the Winchester family was when Dean was reliving his PB&J moment with Mary in Heaven, who was at odds with John, and I assume he left for a bit. He wouldn't have been hunting....

This will probably be too much for Dean to handle....tragically, I know Mary is going to die (again) and now Dean will have even more guilt/baggage to deal with. I may be old-fashioned, but if Mary really was that protective of "her boys," she wouldn't be off hunting with the BMOL and shacking up with this guy, as they are going to be a real threat in the end. This Boss Lady I doubt has any idea just how dangerous Lucifer is becoming. Sam, Dean, Cas, Crowley, and Rowena (please don't kill them!) are so much better at this than they are, and will more than likely be fighting dual fronts with this chick and Lucifer and his son. It won't be pretty, I guarantee it. Amara did Dean no favors when she gave back his mother.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
            Considering that Mary has only been a "widow" in her mind for a few months, this hookup IMO is out of character for her.
            Good point. Yes, in her mind her marriage to John would be fresh.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎