Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Self Control"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Self Control"?

So I went into this episode having been spoiled on the whole "Framework" thing. I spent the episode just waiting for the 'big reveal', really.

I was surprised by the reveal that FitzSimmons were LMDs. Well, Fitz, anyway.

Loved Melinda saving the day (this new 'softer' version of May is cool but a bit disturbing, in a way?).

Quake not being an LMD made sense. Again, how would they replicate her powers? They can't, so the first time she was called upon to use them it would be a dead giveaway.

Aida killing Radcliffe has been coming for a while, IMO. Her putting the Russian guy's head in a jar? That one I did not see coming.

Then the Framework sequences--
    -Daisy and Ward (I thought we'd actually see Brett, not just a picture?)
    -Coulson teaching (um, wouldn't his biggest regret be being killed by Loki? But I guess getting into SHIELD in the first place counts?)
    -Mack playing happy families
    -Fitz is rich and powerful (but who is the woman whose hand he was taking because---)
    -Jemma is apparently dead in this universe?! So her biggest regret is being born!? Wait, what?
    --Melinda at the Triskelion. That one I actually was not spoiled on and I thought it fitting that she was back at SHIELD headquarters. Then we pulled back enough to see the Hydra symbol and I was going "what?" Why would Melinda May be working for Hydra? Does not compute.

But this appears to be the end of the LMD storyline (it was dragging a lot so that's kind of good).
    Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 02-26-2017, 10:25 AM. Reason: got my tabs mixed up and posted wrong reply at first!

I'm a bit confused about where the Framework came from and when it came about. Did Fitz indicate he helped Radcliffe create it? How do they know so much about it, and how is it something they can hook into remotely? It felt like it came out of nowhere to me in the last few episodes.

Comment

So the storyline goes from LMDs to being stuck in the Matrix? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
        I'm a bit confused about where the Framework came from and when it came about. Did Fitz indicate he helped Radcliffe create it? How do they know so much about it, and how is it something they can hook into remotely? It felt like it came out of nowhere to me in the last few episodes.
        We saw Radcliffe using it on May to keep her 'subdued', when he was holding her prisoner. It was implied that he and Fitz had worked on it together (though that was a bit vague). Then it got beefed up (by quite a lot!) when they had to strengthen it for May. Even more so once Radcliffe seemed to decide he wanted to 'live' there.

As for hooking into it remotely, that I have no idea. That came out of left field. I remember thinking "Wait, they can do that?!" Perhaps I missed it, though. Or it might be explained in an upcoming episode?

Comment

Yeah, that's about what I thought. I feel like I missed the part where it was named the Framework. It seemed like it was just something he had come up with for the purpose of keeping May subdued, but it's quickly evolved into the Matrix, and it seems like it's been made out to be part of his grand plan, as one of Aida's two basic directives is to protect the Framework.

I'm not a tech expert, less so fictional Marvel tech, but it just seems like the kind of thing that would require an onsite hookup. At the very least, it was strange that they knew the code so well to be able to do it. And they seemed so certain that dying in the Framework would kill them in real life. *shrug* I can only hope for some additional explanation whenever the show returns.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            I feel like I missed the part where it was named the Framework.
            I remember Radcliffe just suddenly using the term in one episode (almost to the point of me wanting to ask "what's the Framework?" but then realized, oh it's the Matrix-y type thing that May is trapped in!). Can't recall which episode though. Think it was the one where May broke free?

I'm not a tech expert, less so fictional Marvel tech, but it just seems like the kind of thing that would require an onsite hookup. At the very least, it was strange that they knew the code so well to be able to do it. And they seemed so certain that dying in the Framework would kill them in real life. *shrug* I can only hope for some additional explanation whenever the show returns.
            From all that we've seen, yeah, does seem like there would have to be some physical tech login of some sort. The only thing I can think is that they've rigged something up? Maybe Simmons came up with something? I do hope it's explained once we return (perhaps we'll see the tech when Daisy and Jemma get 'pulled' out?).

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎