No announcement yet.

Laurel's death

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel's death

Anyone think the team are secretly glad about it?

No. I think the team loved her to the point of rewriting history and making her some kind of a saint, lol.

I think there is a case to be made that the team feels more guilty about her death than if someone else on the team had died since even Oliver has mentioned this year that she was unprepared and it got her killed (which I thought was really unfair because even if I think she was the lease trained out of all the masks, that's not why she died) I think everyone one the team wonders if it's partly their fault that she was on the team and thus feels extra guilt in her death. Oliver never wanted it but accepted her anyway. Diggle and Felicity fought for Laurel's right to make her own choices in the first place. Thea was her roommate and probably the one closest to her on the team. Laurel almost decided to quit. I imagine that's the kind of thing she talked about with Thea and I can imagine Thea wondering if she'd been more supportive of her quitting, maybe she'd be alive.

But no, no one is happy she's dead.

I never enjoyed the character and even I'm not happy she's dead. She was easier to deal with just in the background as another mask than how she's been elevated into sainthood this season.

Comment

Yeah, they all secretly hated her. And it was mutual. In fact I've heard that they were even planning to shot an episode with Constantine who comes to Star City to deal with Laurel (who had become an angry, vengeful spirit because she was so evil, twisted, manipulative and cold person; ah, and toxic, almost forget about that), but Matt Ryan was unavailable, so currently they carry out negotations to make a crossover with "Supernatural" based on a similar idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
        how she's been elevated into sainthood this season.
        If it was Felicity would you have such a problem with it?

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't be watching to know about it but I don't begrudge the characters loving her or mourning her or even when they set up a statue but when they started doing the What Would Laurel Do and then not actually have it be what she would have done or did do, it stands out. Also they forget that half of Laurel's legacy was actually Sara's rep and they never bothered to distinguish between them but let Star City think they were one in the same. By trying to make Laurel what she was not, cheapens who she actually was.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
            Honestly I wouldn't be watching to know about it but I don't begrudge the characters loving her or mourning her or even when they set up a statue but when they started doing the What Would Laurel Do and then not actually have it be what she would have done or did do, it stands out. Also they forget that half of Laurel's legacy was actually Sara's rep and they never bothered to distinguish between them but let Star City think they were one in the same. By trying to make Laurel what she was not, cheapens who she actually was.
            While Laurel was never a saint, she was better than the majority of the group. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Oliver probably is. But Oliver sucks, so it's no surprise.

Comment

Felicity wasn't a parasite leeching off her dead sister. She actually had a useful function.

Laurel was just the worst and did not benefit the team in any way. Darhk actually did the team a favour by killing her.

The team must have been happy that they could finally start to get some work done.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman6
                  Felicity wasn't a parasite leeching off her dead sister. She actually had a useful function.

Laurel was just the worst and did not benefit the team in any way.
                  Still not worse than being a serial murderer. Strange.

Comment

You're saying Felicity is a serial killer?

Comment

No way, they miss her.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎