New Black Canary?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haggard01
    Your welcome on the helpful info.

I've heard of the Rebirth stuff and I have been keeping my eye on it. I'll keep those Youtube Channels in mind in case I need them.
    Much appreciated. Rebirth is really good so far. DC has been killing it with Rebirth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
      The very fact that that Superman is someone who became a psychotic dictator proves a different personality. Same with Batman. Who can have different variations on his personality over decades across many adaptions. Even if DD having the personality that Laurel didn't were true, which it's not, it's empty, meaningless and interchangeable. Like whether or not Batman is brooding, light or crazy. It doesn't matter. It's all in how that writer chooses to have the character act. Superman TAS Clark, SV Clark and MOS Clark are all very different in personality. That doesn't matter. The back story and mo are what makes these characters not pointless to even have the name. Like Dinah Drake is. WW is an amazonian warrior from the island of themysciria. Barry is still a forensic scientist whose struck by lightning. These are maintained.That doesn't matter. The 2 things are vastly different and not the same.It is false because it was forced to be that way. It didn't happen just because of a timeline alteration. Regardless, it still isn't Dinah Drake's back story, so it's moot. My Thomas Wayne Batman point is very apt in this case, because it's an incorrect back story for the character. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!
      Are you familiar with comics? Cause if you are you'd know that things change. Same with continuity. New 52 was never intended to be connected to the Pre Flashpoint universe. Flashpoint comic even stated that it created a new universe at the time. Hell Pre New 52 Superman even flown to the New 52 universe. Hell Parallax (Hal Jordan) from Pre New 52 met with New 52 Hal Jordan. We don't even know the full extent of how Pre New 52 connects to New 52 because the major plot of Rebirth hasn't been revealed yet. So yes, New 52 continuity is very much real. Meaning this new origin for Black Canary is very much real. Whether you like it or not.

You're welcome on the helpful info by the way.

Comment

No, but it seems like they are headed in that direction. I wished they had a redemption arc with Black Siren where she became the new BC, but whatever, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsayr
          Are you familiar with comics? Cause if you are you'd know that things change. Same with continuity. New 52 was never intended to be connected to the Pre Flashpoint universe. Flashpoint comic even stated that it created a new universe at the time. Hell Pre New 52 Superman even flown to the New 52 universe. Hell Parallax (Hal Jordan) from Pre New 52 met with New 52 Hal Jordan. We don't even know the full extent of how Pre New 52 connects to New 52 because the major plot of Rebirth hasn't been revealed yet. So yes, New 52 continuity is very much real. Meaning this new origin for Black Canary is very much real. Whether you like it or not.
          It being a real universe doesn't change that it's a manipulated one. That's the point. The BC backstory is faked, manipulated, it can't be real if there's no free will, if that isn't a universe crafted based on individual choices. Again though, it's not Dinah Drake's manipulated backstory, it's Dinah Laurel Lance's. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

The fact that this show is going on it's 3rd Black Canary is a bit alarming. The Black Canary mantle shouldn't be treated like a old, broken toy. It should've been one Black Canary from the start and kept that way throughout the entirety of this show.

Comment

Yes they should make her the new Black Canary. Although I kind of feel sorry for Dinah, because it seems she is a vigilante and has the cry long before Laurel even decided to take her sister's legacy. So it seems she is the bigger hero here with more experience and defended more people around the country. It is interesting how will they convince her to take the code name of a person, she doesn't know anything about. And the show didn't really established on screen anything so special about Black Canary than just a team member of the Green Arrow masked vigilantes. The whole legacy thing and the statue is kind of forced and looks more as a token of a friend to a friend than as a symbol to the people. We haven't actually seen what the people think about BC. So we will see how this will play out. I hope it's not something cheesy and another 'Laurel Lance wants to save the world' line.

Comment

Anyone is better than Laurel.

Dinah actually has more balls than Oliver. Though, it is a shame the closet thing to Vertigo died.
                Last edited by Batman6; 02-10-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎