Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies?"

What did you think?
    10 - Loved it
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Blew me away. I caught the episode purely by chance and loved it. Fantastic episode.

Comment

I gave it a 8.

Nygmobblepot was the highlight for me. The first scene (where Nygma was staging the trap) was so satisfying, yet sad because Oswald's confession of love seemed to fall on deaf ears. Then, it took a strange turn when Oswald realized he didn't love Edward, only to turn around and say he did before Nygma shot him and shoved him into the water. I was left wondering if he loved him or not? ...So confusing.

The stuff with Jerome and Bruce was ok, but sort of anticlimactic. The maze of mirrors scene was cool. I thought Bruce's reunion with Alfred was a little schmaltzy, but I did like the character growth Bruce displayed at the end. On another note, Jerome's facing falling off was SO disturbing and gross...

I did not see the return of the clone coming at all, so I'm curious what The Court's plan is (and how Gordon's uncle, Frank, fits in).

The GCPD being attacked is getting repetitive, though. At this point, there should be a drinking game based around it!

It was a pretty good episode. I thought there was too much focus on how the cops were handling the blackout and rioting, but it wasn't awful. I look forward to it returning in April, but it'll be a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I gave it a 8.

Nygmobblepot was the highlight for me. The first scene (where Nygma was staging the trap) was so satisfying, yet sad because Oswald's confession of love seemed to fall on deaf ears. Then, it took a strange turn when Oswald realized he didn't love Edward, only to turn around and say he did before Nygma shot him and shoved him into the water. I was left wondering if he loved him or not? ...So confusing.

The stuff with Jerome and Bruce was ok, but sort of anticlimactic. The maze of mirrors scene was cool. I thought Bruce's reunion with Alfred was a little schmaltzy, but I did like the character growth Bruce displayed at the end. On another note, Jerome's facing falling off was SO disturbing and gross...

I did not see the return of the clone coming at all, so I'm curious what The Court's plan is (and how Gordon's uncle, Frank, fits in).

The GCPD being attacked is getting repetitive, though. At this point, there should be a drinking game based around it!

It was a pretty good episode. I thought there was too much focus on how the cops were handling the blackout and rioting, but it wasn't awful. I look forward to it returning in April, but it'll be a long wait.
        I think Cobblepot didn't love Nygma when he killed Isabella because he wasn't mature enough to sacrifice when he was facing either his death or Nygma's death thats when he knew it. He was willing to sacrifice his life for Nyma's

The Clone's return has been speculated for a while now. A fan even asked Camren about this theory that Clone Bruce was going to replace real Bruce and only Selena could tell the difference. Camren shrugged it off at the time.

Great episode. he is going totally batman on this show.

Comment

One of their best episodes this season.

Comment

Seems like the plan for the "post Christmas/pre long hiatus" episodes was a Jerome trilogy. And in that regard, the last 3 episodes were quite fun. Jerome is one of my favorite characters on this show, whether he ends up being the Joker or not.

I'd also give this episode an 8/10. It was intense, it developed characters like Bruce and Nygma terrifically and it set up a couple of interesting storylines for the rest of the season. The Court of Owls is one aspect that they haven't truly delved into this season, so it will be intriguing to see what Jim's uncle is up to and how Bruce's clone (I completely forgot the Court kidnapped him) figures into their plans. The only cacophony was Lee's mini rant at Jim, but thankfully it didn't last long.

Going to be a long 3 month wait now.

Comment

This was one of the better Gotham episodes. 9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
                Cobblepot didn't love Nygma when he killed Isabella because he wasn't mature enough to sacrifice when he was facing either his death or Nygma's death thats when he knew it. He was willing to sacrifice his life for Nyma's
                I understood that part of it. I just thought it was wishy washy to have him say he didn't love him when he was going to say he did later on. To me, it felt like Penguin did exactly what Nygma accused him of doing when he was setting up the trap, which was to say anything he needed to save his own life. Then, in that scene, he's backed into a corner and tells Ed he loves him again. I'm pretty sure he was telling the truth and we were supposed to believe he was sincere, I'm just saying that it could have been read either way by some fans.

Oswald would be crazy to forgive Nygma for shooting him and leaving him for dead, but I guess it's possible. I'm not holding my breath, though. At this point, I'd settle for Oswald getting a love interest in the future. Nygma made it clear that he didn't feel that way before he pulled the trigger, so I'd rather not watch Oswald pine over him after this, but: That's just me.

Originally posted by costas22
                The only cacophony was Lee's mini rant at Jim, but thankfully it didn't last long.
                Yes, thank God it was "Lee-lite." I found it amusing, even though it wasn't necessary...

Comment

I still wish the Nygma-Oswald story-line had gone in a different direction than it did. I thought it would had been more reasonable that Oswald found out that "Isabella" was actually just a relative of the late Isabelle out for revenge, etc. Then He could had offed her off in order to protect Nygma, despite Nygma's wishes to keep Isabella alive.
                  Then Nygma could had been angry at the penguin the same way Lee is angry at Jim Gordon right now. Or... Nygma could had found out about Isabella's true colors, and killed her himself... which would lead to a much darker, degraded Nygma... and therefore have him turn into the Riddler.

Oh well, there's always fanfic...

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                    I still wish the Nygma-Oswald story-line had gone in a different direction than it did. I thought it would had been more reasonable that Oswald found out that "Isabella" was actually just a relative of the late Isabelle out for revenge, etc. Then He could had offed her off in order to protect Nygma, despite Nygma's wishes to keep Isabella alive.
                    Then Nygma could had been angry at the penguin the same way Lee is angry at Jim Gordon right now. Or... Nygma could had found out about Isabella's true colors, and killed her himself... which would lead to a much darker, degraded Nygma... and therefore have him turn into the Riddler.
                    I agree 100%, Aurora Moon. Isabella being related to Kringle—possibly her twin sister—would've been a much smarter choice. They could've had Penguin's attempt to kill her fail, with him trying to convince Edward that she was no good to no avail. Then, once she revealed it was all a ruse to get justice for Kristen, it could've gone south like you said, with Nygma apologizing to Oswald and perhaps starting to fall for him too after the fact, but...

I'd rather have Oswald meet a guy who just thinks the world of him and wants to be with him. Maybe similar to how Harley Quinn views The Joker, but not as abusive. I'd love to watch something like that unfold.

A rivalry or bad blood is all I can see for two, unfortunately.

Comment

LOVED this episode! Definitely one of the best yet. It had great character development, action, cool shots like the mirrors, lots of mayhem, etc. The circus was a great setting. It was nice to see Jim, Harvey, and Alfred kicking ass together again! Loved Jerome but my fav. scenes were the ones between Alfred and Bruce. I don't think they were schmaltzy at all--more like realistic. Bruce is only 15--it makes sense that he's caught between becoming a tough guy, ripping staples out of his arm and beating Jerome etc., and still being a kid who would be lost without Alfred. Don't forget he loves him like a father, so even if he was an old man, he'd still cry if he thought Alfred was dead. The stuff about Bruce being now on his way to becoming Batman was a bit obvious but it was supposed to be, and I thought they did it well. It would be a gradual change, not an overnight thing. I think most viewers are going to be very happy about this change in Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎