0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Okay, wow, I did not care for this episode at all. Especially for our first back since the break.

Predictable (except one part---we’ll get to that), kinda boring, and ridiculous.

The Road so Far was good. Enjoyed that.

Cas calling Mary. Mary was…disappointing, IMO, this episode. I felt like she didn’t seem to care that much that the boys were gone. I mean, I know she cared but she didn’t seem that worked up. And she didn’t seem to try that hard to get them back.

LOLing forever at the “blue steel” shot with Dean, in the montage.

So the FBI knows that the boys are alive now? Um, what about when the Leviathans were pretending to be them? Didn’t they ping on the FBI lists then? “Oh hey, those Winchester boys we thought were dead? They’re alive and killing people.” *sighs*

A magic typewriter. Cool.

Dean liking the prison food, Sam making a face. That was their characters in a nutshell. Loved it.

Crowley quoting Mr. T?

Cas tried to work a vamp case. Um, okay. Also, why is Mary not surprised that vamps are a thing? In season 1, John said that vamps were extinct (Daniel Elkins killed the last of them, I believe). So a hunter like Mary would think they were too, right? Unless the boys told her they were back? But it would have been nice to see that or get a reference.

Sam and Dean dead. Again. Yeah, anyone else just waiting for them to gasp back to life? I mean, there was no suspense there. We knew they were coming back, it was just a question of when and how they faked their deaths. (Also, I thought of several ways for them to get out of those rooms without getting help from Billie. It seems a little ridiculous to me that they couldn’t. And that Dean and Sam were so affected by being in there. They’ve both been to Hell! Gone through how much and that was what ‘broke’ them? Yeah, no.)

Dean calling Cas.

Them running through the woods gave me “The Fugitive” flashbacks. Can’t believe Dean didn’t make a Tommy Lee Jones joke.

BMOL impressed by the boys taking out Lucifer. That was nice.

As soon as the boys mentioned not killing the soldiers I knew—beyond the shadow of a doubt—that the BMOL would. So predictable. It was disappointing, actually.

“We’re the guys who save the world.” Excellent line!

Meeting up with Cas and Mary. We find out the deal with Billie and here I audibly sighed. It was so telegraphed (as soon as Billie said that line about needing to claim a Winchester) that Mary was going to sacrifice herself. I was pretty disappointed when it seemed like it would happen.

But then—Cas steps in and ganks the Reaper! I gasped aloud. Now that was a twist! Along with Cas’s little speech about how the world needs the Winchesters? That was cool.

Yeah, the BMOL kill them all (how would Sam and Dean not get blamed for that?!). And seem to be talking Mary into joining their side.

So, not impressed by this one. A few good moments (the twist, the boys being BAMFs, etc.) but on the whole, predictable and disappointing.

Comment

Glad Billie's dead. She's the first character in a LOOOONG time that I actually wanted to die who actually bit the bullet. As a reaper, Billie is supposed to be unbiased and professional. But she took her personal feelings for her boss to a whole new level of crazy and became a total evil Bi**** when it came to the Winchesters. Even death himself new how to curb his temper when the boys burned him. She was just a whole new level of crazy/dumb. (although a bit anti climactic but at least Cas finally did something useful)

As far as Cas goes: WTF is up with him? Shouldn't he have recovered from his "losing grace/almost dying" fiasco in season 9 or 10 by now? Good grief. He should've soul touched his way back to full angel mojo power eons ago based on what was established up through season 6. He should've been zipping the Winchesters out of jail with the boys laughing all the way to the bunker the moment they got nabbed. I hate that as the seasons go on that the writers keep retconning/weaking angel power levels each and every time to the point to were now they are almost simply bumbling idiots when angels would once make top dog demons like Crowly quake in their boots.

Evil Men of Letters recruiting Mary: I figured if anyone would listen it would be her. She's the one out of the three Winchesters who'd be more vulnerable to suggestion than any and probably still longs to live normal lives with her family. Motives good or bad aside this one is going to end up biting all three of them in the ass by seasons end.

How many times are Sam and Dean going to by "discovered" by the U.S gov't then covered up again? Lord (or writers in this case) only knows. This once again goes back to sloppy retconning as it would've only took a bit of real angel power to keep them out of the loop to begin with, but now it's like Angels don't have any power at all.

Now the only question is, with Billie dead, who's going to end up running the Reaper show? And who ever does take over their "tribe", will they be smart enough NOT to take their charges personally?

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎