Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone reading Rebirth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get to Action Comics 975 you have to start reading Superman at least starting with #18 and 19 because of the Superman Reborn storyline.

I recommend Green Lanterns and Detective Comics.

Edit* Read Superman 18 before Action Comics 975.

I also recommend Super Sons.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 03-11-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
      When you get to Action Comics 975 you have to start reading Superman at least starting with #18 and 19 because of the Superman Reborn storyline.

thanks! It seems hoopla hasn't got to that part yet. They don't have the volume with superman 18-19. They have vol one of Superman - Action Comics (957-962) and Super sons and some other earlier stuff. Hopefully it will be posted eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
        thanks! It seems hoopla hasn't got to that part yet. They don't have the volume with superman 18-19. They have vol one of Superman - Action Comics (957-962) and Super sons and some other earlier stuff. Hopefully it will be posted eventually
        If I understand the release cycle of trade paperbacks correctly then they are released roughly half a year after the last single issue of that book was released. 962 was released August 24, 2016, the TPB on February 15, 2017.

The next TPBs will be 963-968, then 969-974 and then 975-980. 980 is scheduled to be released May 24 so I would expect the TPB to come out in November this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          If I understand the release cycle of trade paperbacks correctly then they are released roughly half a year after the last single issue of that book was released. 962 was released August 24, 2016, the TPB on February 15, 2017.

The next TPBs will be 963-968, then 969-974 and then 975-980. 980 is scheduled to be released May 24 so I would expect the TPB to come out in November this year.
          ah okay gotcha. I don't imagine volume 2 will show up for borrowing on hoopla until volume 3 is out in stores. I just read Superman - Action Comics Vol 1: Path of Doom and then Superman Volume 1: Son of Superman. Get the sense I should have read them in the opposite order. However I knew the gist of what happened before (including the panels with New 52 Lana and Pre-Flashpoint Superman), so it wasn't that jarring.

i liked both volumes. Looking forward to more.

Comment

hoopla is adding trades on the same day as their release, which is surprising but nice. The trades are also coming out faster than they did with the New 52 because they aren't doing hardcovers first (for the most part), and there's less time between volumes due to many titles being semimonthly. What's ridiculous is that they haven't fast-tracked the final New 52 books. Batman Rebirth will have two volumes out by the time the final trade for the New 52 comes out.

Here's a link to a nice list on Reddit. These are Amazon dates, so I think the actual release dates would be a week earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
              hoopla is adding trades on the same day as their release, which is surprising but nice. The trades are also coming out faster than they did with the New 52 because they aren't doing hardcovers first (for the most part), and there's less time between volumes due to many titles being semimonthly. What's ridiculous is that they haven't fast-tracked the final New 52 books. Batman Rebirth will have two volumes out by the time the final trade for the New 52 comes out.

Here's a link to a nice list on Reddit. These are Amazon dates, so I think the actual release dates would be a week earlier.
              Thanks for the link! So it looks like I won't have to wait too long to read the next volumes for Superman and Action Comics.

Yeah that doesn't seem weird. I wonder why that is.

Comment

Just to clarify, the last New 52 Batman hardcover (and digital counterpart) is out. It's just the paperback that's still outstanding, along with many of the other series' final paperbacks. This is because there was always a six-month lag between hardcovers and paperbacks (in addition to the six-month lag between single issues and hardcovers), much to the chagrin of those who preferred the paperbacks. Now, the tables have turned. If you want a Rebirth hardcover, you have to wait, but you'll get two trades' worth of material.

Comment

Just to clarify, the last New 52 Batman hardcover (and digital counterpart) is out. It's just the paperback that's still outstanding, along with many of the other series' final paperbacks. This is because there was always a six-month lag between hardcovers and paperbacks (in addition to the six-month lag between single issues and hardcovers), much to the chagrin of those who preferred the paperbacks. Now, the tables have turned. If you want a Rebirth hardcover, you have to wait, but you'll get two trades' worth of material.
                  I prefer the paperbacks only because that is what my first trade was so I have to have them all be the same.

Comment

Gotcha. I think if I was in your position I would prefer trade paperbacks. I know it's not New52 or Rebirth but I wish they had done a compendium of all the Smallville Season 11 comics. I bought it digitally and waited too long to the paperback episode issues, so there is a few I don't have. "Continuity" seems especially hard to find

Comment

I read monthlies until around issue 30-31 for several series. I had to stop for a while, but I've caught up on some of them through hoopla, and what's not there I mostly bought in DC's buy-one-get-one digital sale at the end of the year. I'm trying to avoid having shelves upon shelves of comic books, so I'm leaning toward digital for most things. If I like it enough and think I'll read it several times over the years, I'll buy it in print. The only thing I'm actually waiting for is that last Batman trade because I decided to buy Snyder's run in print.

By the way, for anyone into digital comics, Comixology has some type of DC (and Marvel) sale most weeks, and something comparable usually shows up on Amazon, which owns Comixology. Some sales are better than others, but once or twice a year, there is a buy-one-get-one sale for anything by DC. I think there has been one on Black Friday for the past few years, and there was one in the summer last year.

In regard to that Smallville arc, I saw a posting for the trade earlier. It's currently listed for January 2, 2018 (link). It's worth noting that the catalogs on that website are so far ahead of release dates (having something to do with how much advance notice bookstores need) that books are often delayed and sometimes cancelled, but it's generally a good indication of what's coming.

Comment

Kicking off a massive event this summer, The New York Times best-selling writers Scott Snyder (ALL-STAR BATMAN) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) collaborate with iconic artists.

DC Comics announces Dark Days which will be written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV.

It is a culmination of something Scott Snyder has been hinting at since he first started his Batman run in 2011.

It is just two issues, Dark Days: The Forge (June 14th) and Dark Days: The Casting (July 12th) it will then lead into an event that Scott Snyder is teaming up with Greg Capullo on.

Comment

I read monthlies until around issue 30-31 for several series. I had to stop for a while, but I've caught up on some of them through hoopla, and what's not there I mostly bought in DC's buy-one-get-one digital sale at the end of the year. I'm trying to avoid having shelves upon shelves of comic books, so I'm leaning toward digital for most things. If I like it enough and think I'll read it several times over the years, I'll buy it in print. The only thing I'm actually waiting for is that last Batman trade because I decided to buy Snyder's run in print.

By the way, for anyone into digital comics, Comixology has some type of DC (and Marvel) sale most weeks, and something comparable usually shows up on Amazon, which owns Comixology. Some sales are better than others, but once or twice a year, there is a buy-one-get-one sale for anything by DC. I think there has been one on Black Friday for the past few years, and there was one in the summer last year.

In regard to that Smallville arc, I saw a posting for the trade earlier. It's currently listed for January 2, 2018 (link). It's worth noting that the catalogs on that website are so far ahead of release dates (having something to do with how much advance notice bookstores need) that books are often delayed and sometimes cancelled, but it's generally a good indication of what's coming.
                          What I have read from Snyder's Superman Unchained I liked. So maybe I will like his Batman stuff. i got comiXology just to buy the Smallville digital issues.

Hmm, they must be reissuing the Smallville stuff because all the volumes has been released a couple of years back.
                          Last edited by Vergon6; 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/03...he-dc-universe

DC Comics announces Dark Days which will be written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV.

It is a culmination of something Scott Snyder has been hinting at since he first started his Batman run in 2011.

It is just two issues, Dark Days: The Forge (June 14th) and Dark Days: The Casting (July 12th) it will then lead into an event that Scott Snyder is teaming up with Greg Capullo on.
                            Cool. Will have to check it out.

Comment

I have a limit of 8 items I can borrow a month on Hoopla. I just borrowed Green Lanterns and Detective Comics volume 1. Super Sons doesn't seem to be available at the the time.

I already read Superman and Action Comics, as well as The Flash Volume 1. Liked those 3.

Also have borrowed Green Arrow and Titans to try out.

Didn't read all of Superman Unchained so I borrowed that too.

Comment

Not Rebirth but Superman Unchained is awesome. I hope Scott Snyder returns to Superman comics eventually. Now reading Green Arrow Rebirth. Why is Ollie and Dinah in Seattle? Did they relocate there for the new 52?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎