No announcement yet.

Did Clark betray Lex and Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Clark betray Lex and Lana?

Was hiding the fact that Clark had a secret and Clark lying about having a secret a betrayal? Is Clark entitled to protect himself? why is Lex and Lana resenting Clark for keeping secrets from them? and why is Lex feeling betrayed by Clark lying to him? when he's lying to Clark too? and is it wrong for Clark to value privacy? and it is right for Lex and Lana to disrespect Clark's privacy? have lex and Lana proven to be trustworthy? why do Lex and Lana keep badgering Clark about keeping secrets? do Lex and Lana have to blame Clark for his dishonesty? when they have themselves to blame for their own dishonesty? Should Lex and Lana at least trust that Clark wasn't keeping secrets for malicious intent? or should they keep on blaming him for his dishonesty?
    Yes, they did earn Clark's trust
    0%
    No, they never did earn that trust
    0%
    HELL NO!! both Lex and Lana abused and took advantage of Clark's trust
    0%

Honestly, I think it cut both ways, and that everyone is really to blame here.

Clark's such a habitual liar that he didn't realize that there was good times to be honest and also a time for him to keep his secret. Also, I wish that we got to see him tell the truth in a clever way, which he rarely did. I can only recall one ep where he did that, when Lana asks him if he was the one who saved her... it was one of those eps where he was de-powered, so somebody else did it. So he told her: "I wish I was the one who did that, but no, I didn't save you."

Lex's so insecure about people telling him the truth that he tends to go behind everyone's backs to make sure that they're really telling him the truth....which is pretty much bad behavior, and Lex needs to be held accountable for that. But at the same time we have to remember why Lex acts this way... and who he had as a father before his father was supposedly "redeemed" as Jor-el's vessel. Lionel was an narcissistic, manipulative lying piece of **** who constantly gas-lighted his own son every chance he could get... and that's why Lex has trust issues and why Lex is so hung up on having people tell him the truth 24/7 without even considering that people can keep secrets without having it be all about him.

Lana is similarly screwed up in her own way....she demands that everyone be truthful to her 100% but gets upset if somebody demanded the same of her in return. She tends to snoop into everyone's business without any respect for their privacy.... she's done that to Chloe five times, once to Pete, and a dozen times to Lex Luthor. She does that to Clark Kent so many times over the entire series that it's hard to keep track.
    Basically she holds up people to certain standards but she can't even meet those standards herself.

Comment

Everyone on this show, funny enough, has expectations that they themselves don't fulfill. Chloe doesn't like when people snoop in her stuff, but she will do that. The difference is that Chloe gets remorseful and wants to be forgiven, where Lana gets defensive. There's a reason for this psychologically: Chloe is afraid that people she loves will leave her, so she has a tendency, even when she does lash out, to go back on being upset with people. Lana on the other hand when faced with loss, gets completely defensive and instead of trying to get that loved one back, pulls away from them or pushes them away more. This is no more shown very specifically than Fever. Chloe clings onto Clark when faced with Clark's potential loss. Lana avoids the potential loss. They both fear loss in different ways. Chloe when she feels vulnerable early on will pull away, but only a little, just enough to not lose someone, if she fears that. She says as much in Fever: "I want to take off my costume, but I can't. Because you'll run away again." Even though this may sound like alluding more to Clark leaving her at the spring formal, this is actually Chloe's literal fear, that being vulnerable and revealing her feelings to Clark will make him run away. Lana isn't as passive as Chloe in this regard. She doesn't like being left, so she leaves if she feels hurt or slighted or that someone is starting to push her away. She would rather make herself alone, than someone else make her feel that. You could view that as her wanting to be proactive. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Clark betrayed Lana once. And only once. Clark never betrayed Lex.

Clark and Lex never had any kind of agreement to be 100% truthful to one another.

Clark promised Lana to "no more secrets and lies" in Arrival on which he backpedaled when he got his powers back. When they broke off we can assume that that promise was also void.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          Clark betrayed Lana once. And only once. Clark never betrayed Lex.

Clark and Lex never had any kind of agreement to be 100% truthful to one another.

Clark promised Lana to "no more secrets and lies" in Arrival on which he backpedaled when he got his powers back. When they broke off we can assume that that promise was also void.
          Then why does Lex keep saying that Clark has betrayed him when he hasn't? I'm confused. So Clark didn't trust Lex with his secret. How does Clark not sharing his secret with him be a betrayal? and Why would Clark not entrusting him with his secret have Lex feel betrayed by Clark? Lex actually believed that Clark had a malicious intent in hiding his secret, when Clark didn't have a malicious intent. and yet Lex still believed he had the right to know Clark's secret when he didn't earn that right to be let in on it. Can some one please help me understand Lex's perspective on Clark Kent? because I don't know how to make sense of that. I don't even know how to make sense of Lana's perspective on Clark, let alone Lex's.

Ok, how did Clark betray Lana?
          Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-06-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

You have to remember just who raised Lex. Lionel Luthor was truly warped as an parent to the point that he used lies and secrets against his own son like a weapon in addition to abusing him in other ways.

so Lex was raised to see every lie as having malicious intent. After all, when Lionel lies to him and everyone else, it's to hide his dirty misdeeds and other harmful practices that would end up harming a lot of people. So a Lie equals hiding something FROM LEX, and if they're hiding something from Lex then that means that they're up to something behind his back.
            It would never naturally occur to Lex that when somebody lies, it's not always about him or hiding something from him. That sometimes the person lying had his own reasons that had nothing to do with Lex at all.

I know a lot of people here like to see Lionel Luthor as this super good guy now because of his "redemption arc" but they forget just how much of a evil bastard Lionel truly was before he got brainwashed into being "good". And how much he had an hand in ****ing up Lex Luthor as a person.

Comment

question

[QUOTE=Aurora Moon;8162179] so Lex was raised to see every lie as having malicious intent. After all, when Lionel lies to him and everyone else, it's to hide his dirty misdeeds and other harmful practices that would end up harming a lot of people. So a Lie equals hiding something FROM LEX, and if they're hiding something from Lex then that means that they're up to something behind his back. It would never naturally occur to Lex that when somebody lies, it's not always about him or hiding something from him. That sometimes the person lying had his own reasons that had nothing to do with Lex at all.QUOTE}

Did Clark have a malicious intent in hiding his secret from Lex? if not then why was Lex lead to believe and/or think that Clark had a malicious intent in hiding secret from him? if Clark didn't have a malicious intent? did Lex have a double standard regarding Clark and his secret? Was Clark really up to something behind Lex's back? or was Lex the one who was up to something behind Clark's back? and who was betrayed the most? Clark or Lex? who felt the most betrayed? Lex or Clark? Did Lex take his Clark obsession a little too far? with his investigations into Clark? and did Clark have a double standard regarding Lex and his pretenses and manipulations? along with his secrets and lies?

Comment

I believe I already explained it to you. Lex is raised to see every lie as being malicious, regardless of who's telling him the lie. Clark didn't really have any malicious intent, but Lex wouldn't see it that way. Lex just doesn't like being lied to, which is ironic snice how Lionel's raised him to lie at times.

Comment

You did explain this, I'm sorry. I am trying to understand it.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                  I believe I already explained it to you. Lex is raised to see every lie as being malicious, regardless of who's telling him the lie. Clark didn't really have any malicious intent, but Lex wouldn't see it that way. Lex just doesn't like being lied to, which is ironic since how Lionel's raised him to lie at times.
                  Well, both Clark and Lana don't like being lied to either and yet they lie just as much as Lex. Clark lies because Jonathan tells him to lie, Lana lies because she's just down right hypocritical. Lex lies because he hates being lied to and doesn't see himself as having a malicious intent in lying to Clark about his intrusions and goes behind his back anyway, the only difference is the reasoning behind why Clark, Lex and Lana all lie. And yet Lex and Lana are the ones who believe that Clark is the one with malicious intent when lying to them when Clark doesn't have a malicious intent at all. All because Lex and Lana don't want to see that they themselves are the ones with malicious intent when lying to Clark and keeps throwing this "oh, you saved my life, but I'm going to completely ignore that because you won't be honest with me." crap and Clark is getting pretty ****ing tired of them throwing their hypocrisy all back in his face. I agree with you on Lex doesn't like being lied to, yet lies anyway thing. That is true. which goes back to one of my previous questions. Does Lex have a double standard in regards to the secrets and lies? Along with Clark and lana?
                  Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-22-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I think everyone on the show had double standards to be honest.

Comment

The only thing Clark really lied about to Lex was his powers and origin story, which I feel was a good lie because you really can't trust no one with that info. Lex on the other hand lied several times to Clark.....especially keeping a investigation about him hidden for nearly 4 years. Lex could never let things go and even when he was a "good friend" to Clark, he was always working both sides of the coin. While helping Clark, he was also use some of those situations to his advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎