Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Firebird?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 9.

I liked how the flashback book ended to the pilot (with Emma on the job as a bounty hunter) and gave us a little more info before she ended up in prison.

I thought the goodbye with Hook was really well done, but I don't think we've seen the last of him just yet.

The bit with Pan at the end was SO satisfying, I don't know why.

I was glad they all made it back to Storebrooke, too.

I hope next week is just as good. I'm so ready for the season to be over.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Overall enjoyed the episode, but had a couple of questions. As we saw with Hook, giving him a new heart (or half a heart) didn't work because he had been dead too long and his soul left his body. Wouldn't this be true for Pan? I assuming Rumple and Pan didn't know this tidbit and still thought it would work.

Rumple has been really bad lately and I don't know how they are going to redeem his character. Sentencing people to an eternity of torment is worse than killing them. In this version of death, at least the dead have a chance to redeem themselves and move to a better place like Cora. But, poor Milah who should be in a better place with her son is now in the River of Lost Souls. Perhaps Pan deserved his fate but the others should have been given a chance to redeem themselves.

I don't think this is the last of Hook. He will try to find a way to stop Hades while in the Underworld while Emma does so above ground.

My other question is why did Rumple need Pandora's box to move Belle through the portal? Couldn't he have just carried her? My channel kept getting interrupted due to weather so maybe I missed that explanation.

Comment

I wondered some of the same things, so you're not alone.

I haven't been to the forum since last year- looks like I wasn't the only one who took some time off. Broadcast TV ratings are down in general, especially on Sundays, but Once...remains an enjoyable program, one of a handful I take the time to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
        I wondered some of the same things, so you're not alone.

I haven't been to the forum since last year- looks like I wasn't the only one who took some time off. Broadcast TV ratings are down in general, especially on Sundays, but Once...remains an enjoyable program, one of a handful I take the time to watch.
        Yeah, I took time off as well but felt like coming back. I know some people who are Rumple/Belle fans are upset with what is going on. But, I feel that Rumple is being true to his character. When he is presented with the noble goal of fighting for his family, he feels the only way to protect them is using darkness. He can be both the beast and the man but relies on the beast more to overcome the inadequacies he feels as a man.

Comment

I personally feel that the kinder, gentler Rumple detracted from the show. I don't want him full-on evil, but maybe more like the "what's-in-it-for-me" Rumple we first met.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            I personally feel that the kinder, gentler Rumple detracted from the show. I don't want him full-on evil, but maybe more like the "what's-in-it-for-me" Rumple we first met.
            I also don't want him to be full-on evil but prefer prefer him being the conflicted Dark One than another milk-toast hero.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎