Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Chitters"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Chitters"?

Starting with bros, who might be running away soon. And one of them (the younger) is gay? Hmm. They end up being attacked.

Transition to the Bunker and Dean is knee deep in research. “Sitting the new smoking”? It took me a minute to figure that out (had never heard that before).

This episode had some great music going for it. The soundtrack as the boys were traveling to the case was terrific.

“A trippin’ trip.” Oh Dean!

Wait, Sam did some ‘smoking’ in college, at age 18? Huh.

The Chitters is the sound of the buzzing the lady, who came onto to Sam, said her Grandma said. Well, there’s the title finally explained.

Wait, Dean stopped to change out of his Fibbie outfit on his way to investigate? Bit surprising.

The reveal that Jesse (the younger bro from earlier) is a hunter with his husband?! Very cool. And that they are mostly based in Mexico/Texas was a nice touch as well. Enjoyed Dean’s reaction (and how Sam was so blasé about it all, too).

The mention about Dean having died.

So it’s Cicada spirits named Bisaan, eh?

Cesar and Dean in the car, talking about how hunters are all broken and how revenge doesn’t help you but you have to help them get it anyway. Good conversation there.

The Sheriff was pretty pointless, IMO. I mean, that whole side story went nowhere, I thought. It didn’t help take down the Bisaan and it didn’t do anything but reveal that his daughter was taken and that he killed her. Sam and Jesse (btw, Sam and a “Jess” together, I have to admit that made me nostalgic) would have been better served staying with Cesar and Dean and helping them out. They learned nothing of real value from the Sheriff anyway.

Taking out the nest and the Hunter’s funeral for Jesse’s bro.

Sam and Dean talking about bringing Jesse and Cesar in on the hunt for Amara but then the couple reveals they are quitting (yeah right—once a hunter, always a hunter. The odds of them being pulled back in somehow are pretty high.) and Dean decides to let them have their happy ending.

A good episode, spooky and with some really great music cues. Some of it went meandering off to nowhere and I do think the parallels between Jesse and his bro and Sam and Dean were a bit heavy handed (the show tends to really hammer home on that sort of thing). But a solid entry.
    10--like an old married couple
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--drove me 'buggy'
    0%

garbage episode

Comment

This episode was incredibly boring. There was no build up, no tension, no big climax. It was just kind of there.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎