Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's done with ARROW, for killing SPOILER off?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
    Poor guy ... abandoned by the love of his life AND his arm

Yes, very sad. At least she left him with his apron and all of the cooking utensils.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino

Yes, very sad. At least she left him with his apron and all of the cooking utensils.

But who got custody of the love fern?

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent

But who got custody of the love fern?

They couldn't work it out amongst themselves, Oliver suggested a King Solomon solution where he would take a cutting from the fern, that's when Felicity hit him with his feather duster arrow. Currently the Love Fern is in foster care awaiting a decision from the family court.

Comment

You guys do remember that the love fern got destroyed by the SCPD when they raided the foundry? Yes, it was resurrected in that short by MG but that's not canon for the show. Just in case you really are wondering.

Comment

Well, funny thing is that I forgave this show pretty much everything up to the death of... Amanda Waller. I stopped to watch "Arrow" after that not because of her death, but more because it made me realize that it's a final confirmation that this show became "something else". There were still some subplots that interested me like Quentin-Oliver relationship, Laurel as the Black Canary, Laurel-Quentin, Laurel-Oliver, Oliver-Thea - now since pretty much all of those were pushed into the background I gave the show up without second thoughts. Since it's only a show, watching it every week and getting annoyed that I don't like how they are leading the characters and how they are creating the plots (lol, "creating" is overstatement because they seem mosty to put together what twitter and tumblr wishes) doesn't make much sense IMO.

Laurel's death and how her character was treated bothers me a bit, but not as much as if I watched the show regularly up to this point. More bothersome for me is that the idea which was once good was ruined and how the social media influence tv shows nowadays. But "Arrow" is not the first show which suffered this fate and will certainly not be the last one. An average tv show lives two seasons - and that's exacly how long "Arrow" surived. I might binge-watch season 4, I might not. They are others ways to explore the universe fortunately, visiting this forum is one of them.
            Last edited by Amarice; 04-27-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

yep, done after this season finishes

Comment

I've seen this question posted elsewhere. 2 episodes later, has Laurel's death really changed anything? Guggenheim and Mericle justified it as some kind of game changing event, but if you look at each character closely, their storylines are really unaffected by Laurel's demise. Oliver and Felicity are doing the same song and dance they were doing before, Thea has already moved on and Diggle's dark turn has more to do with Andy's betrayal than losing Laurel. And it's not like the team is now going after HIVE with more purpose than they did before. They already had enough reasons to take down Darhk, Malcolm and Andy even before Laurel died.

Ultimately, this is why a lot of people, me included probably, will stop watching. Laurel was killed off for no real reason other than to satisfy a certain group of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  I've seen this question posted elsewhere. 2 episodes later, has Laurel's death really changed anything? Guggenheim and Mericle justified it as some kind of game changing event, but if you look at each character closely, their storylines are really unaffected by Laurel's demise.
                  Based on what those who still watch the show wrote about last episodes in their reviews I can assume that it's exactly the same stiuation as with Public Enemy story arc in season 3. Nothing, absolutely nothing came out of it, as they made a step forward only to made two steps back immediately after outing Oliver as the Arrow. Their game changing events are so poorly executed that it's not even worth wasting time to comment how badly its done.

Comment

I've seen this question posted elsewhere. 2 episodes later, has Laurel's death really changed anything? Guggenheim and Mericle justified it as some kind of game changing event, but if you look at each character closely, their storylines are really unaffected by Laurel's demise. Oliver and Felicity are doing the same song and dance they were doing before, Thea has already moved on and Diggle's dark turn has more to do with Andy's betrayal than losing Laurel. And it's not like the team is now going after HIVE with more purpose than they did before. They already had enough reasons to take down Darhk, Malcolm and Andy even before Laurel died.

Ultimately, this is why a lot of people, me included probably, will stop watching. Laurel was killed off for no real reason other than to satisfy a certain group of fans.
                    It's weird that Thea already moved on because she was probably the member of Team Arrow that was closest to Laurel. Laurel was like the closest thing Thea had to a sister, they were even roommates because Thea didn't want to stay at her place since Ra's stabbed her and threw her through a table.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                      Based on what those who still watch the show wrote about last episodes in their reviews I can assume that it's exactly the same stiuation as with Public Enemy story arc in season 3. Nothing, absolutely nothing came out of it, as they made a step forward only to made two steps back immediately after outing Oliver as the Arrow. Their game changing events are so poorly executed that it's not even worth wasting time to comment how badly its done.
                      True. Although, it's probably fair to say that last year's situation was at least a bit game changing: The Arrow persona "died", Roy left town and Ray realized he must break up with Felicity because she really loves Oliver (ugh). In contrast, Laurel's death just felt like a hiccup. They shook it off and they carried on. We are supposed to think that Diggle is suffering because of her death, but it's crystal clear his rage has more to do with Andy. Which would have happened the minute Andy betrayed him, whether Laurel died or not.

The whole thing is more reminiscent of the "Oliver and Diggle's relationship will never be the same again!" subplot in late season 3/early season 4. Which only lasted 3 episodes...

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                      It's weird that Thea already moved on because she was probably the member of Team Arrow that was closest to Laurel. Laurel was like the closest thing Thea had to a sister, they were even roommates because Thea didn't want to stay at her place since Ra's stabbed her and threw her through a table.
                      It truly is. I was expecting a bit more on that front. There was actually a promo image for episode 4.19 where Thea is shown crying hard after Laurel's death, but it was never shown on screen. In retrospect, the show never focused enough on this relationship this season. I guess they had more important things to do.

Comment

Any one know if the ratings went actually down after 11:59? I'll apreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo
                          Any one know if the ratings went actually down after 11:59? I'll apreciate the info.
                          They went up for the funeral episode, hit an all time low for the episode after the funeral episode and then inched up a small amount from that low this week. You can get the numbers at greenarrowtv.com if you'd like them. They're all here.

Comment

Anybody seen the comic preview for next week's Flash? They're doing it, what I said they would. Faking relationships and feelings that neither show earned in even in the smallest way. They did it on Arrow, now they're doing it on The Flash. It's demeaning to everyone when shows put out this kind of garbage. Have a very great day everyone!

God bless everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                              Anybody seen the comic preview for next week's Flash? They're doing it, what I said they would. Faking relationships and feelings that neither show earned in even in the smallest way. They did it on Arrow, now they're doing it on The Flash. It's demeaning to everyone when shows put out this kind of garbage. Have a very great day everyone!

God bless everyone!
                              Yeah, I laughed at Caitlin's "we loved her" line. Really? Because Laurel's death hasn't been mentioned or mourned for one second on the Flash.

But that's not the worst part. Notice Black Siren mock Laurel's death by using the phrase "bye bye birdie"? That's a nod to the people who were celebrating her death on twitter by using that hashtag. I'm appalled they had Katie Cassidy say it.

Comment

Yeah, I laughed at Caitlin's "we loved her" line. Really? Because Laurel's death hasn't been mentioned or mourned for one second on the Flash.

But that's not the worst part. Notice Black Siren mock Laurel's death by using the phrase "bye bye birdie"? That's a nod to the people who were celebrating her death on twitter by using that hashtag. I'm appalled they had Katie Cassidy say it.
                                I have no comment on that line. But the loving thing is what I can't stand. I haven't watched Arrow since before it happened and I have no plans to for the forseeable and I've been relatively disconnected about it. But reading that made me mad and that line alone makes me kinda consider quitting The Flash too. I dislike very much fake relationships. It's why I dislike olicity, dislike any of Team Arrow reacting to Laurel's death like she mattered to them, with the exception of Thea. I want these characters to act like they actually are. Not fake feelings. The love line makes me want to punch most of them in the face. There's no excuse for this kind of writing ignorance. It's kinda insane. There's only two ways this could ever be worked to make any kind of sense and it's if they time-switch Black Siren with Laurel's body, faking her death or if they redeem her and she joins the show next season, neither of which will happen. So this empty fake nonexistent nonsense is pointless. They've already all gone through seeing the doppelgangers of those they have actual relationships with, in some cases themselves, except for a few of the cast, none of which have been in the same room as Laurel, let alone can know and love her, even though these people don't. I don't think I've ever had my intelligence quite as blatantly insulted by a tv series before as it's been by the flarrowverse with the entirety of this nonsense. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎