Agent Carter #2.8/#2.9 "The Edge of Mystery/A Little Song and Dance"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter #2.8/#2.9 "The Edge of Mystery/A Little Song and Dance"

Two new episodes tonight!

I liked both episodes, but was very saddened that Dr. Wilkes died. I was also both surprised and amused by the musical sequence; never took Hayley for the Broadway type. I'm really looking forward to the finale, because Jack's become quite a prick. Peggy needs to knock him down a lot, and take over as the head of that SSR branch.

Comment

These were both excellent episodes, IMO.

The flashback to last year and Peggy calling Jarvis, as seen from Ana's POV, was interesting.

Jarvis losing it and smashing the radio (one of TPTB tweeted that James was not supposed to smash it, just hit it) was powerful.

Jack went all the way to England for that file?

Whitney is hearing voices? And is the voice Dormammu, I wonder? (or possibly Umar.)

Ana wakes up but Jarvis is told she can't have children. Sad but it does solve the problem of why there are no Jarvis Jr's running around in present day MCU.

Howard sending the note about how to build a gamma machine?

Jarvis wants revenge. Jack is back and being stupid.

The rods fall and Whitney knows they are fake and Wilkes turns on Peggy (and he can control his powers now?).

Jack tries to stop Vernon, who uses the amnesia nunchucks (as fandom has taken to calling them) on him.

Jack's line "I would have let him blow you both away" was cute.

Wilkes being taken through but not Whitney. Interesting.

"Do what Peggy says!" Words to live by.

The cannon worked! Wilkes returns and Jarvis straight up shoots Whitney (cold!) but she lives. Peggy and Jarvis get captured. An exciting first part with lots going on.

Then "A little song and dance" starts in Black and White and we get to see Michael again--nice.

Into full on Broadway mode, including Daniel singing and Jarvis and Rose trying to wake her up. I was grinning the whole while (though I do wish Angie had had a bigger part this year).

Peggy has a hot wire in her belt? Cool.

Peggy and Jarvis in the desert. Those scenes were just so great. Both Hayley and James hitting it out of the park there. Peggy laying down the truth to Jarvis, especially after he hurt her with those words? Excellent. Possibly the best scenes of Season 2 (to date).

Jack pretending to be on Vernon's side, Peggy punching Vernon (go Peg!), Jack double crosses (or does he?), and changes the cannon to a bomb.

Peggy goes in to save Jason, but he locks her out.

Jack pushes the detonator but it doesn't work, thanks to the scrambler. Jack makes Sembley turn it off and Wilkes explodes (but is he dead? We didn't see a body, after all.).

Action packed but the real excitement here was the drama, especially those desert scenes with Peggy and Jarvis. I could watch just an entire episode of those two together and be happy. (maybe with a bit of Peggy kicking butt thrown in as well! Heh)

With one more episode til this season is over, this season has just gone by so fast!

Comment

The musical number in the second half felt very period appropriate. This was the golden age of the Hollywood musical and over 550 movie musicals was made in the 1940's. Giving you an average of 55 musicals per year. So, Peggy is bound to have seen some, even if she's not an avid movie goer.

Will be interesting to see what happened to Wilkes. Did he actually die (wouldn't be the first time he appeared to be killed)? Or was he simply restored to normal, with the zero matter expelled from his body?

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎