Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Vessel"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Vessel"?

Back to WW2, more Nazis. Delphine ganks the guy with her hairpin (well, more blade) and takes the weapon. She calls herself a "woman of letters". I'm a bit confused. I thought it was indicated that Josie (Abaddon's meatsuit in 1958) was the first woman to be inducted? Perhaps that was that chapter or even the American version? Europe might have admitted women much sooner?

Dean on the coffee hunt was so cute! Loved how he even stole the dregs of Sam's cup (and the callback later with the beer. LOL).

Casifer playing video games and seriously not caring about the demons. So Luci.

The demons calling Crowley a coward and a fool and Crowley chained but telling them to respect their new Lord.

Dean calls Cas, who admits that he can't defeat Amara alone to Crowley, and that the Hand of God is a perfect plan to beat her. He agrees to send himself and Dean back. Dean says he's going alone. Which he does when Casifer comes back dripping wet. The sigils had blocked the angel.

Dean and the future quarter and he's busted almost instantly. I liked how he went straight to the truth about the future once they found his phone.

The sailor asking Dean about baseball (a trope of Time Travel) then Presidents. Cute.

So it's a piece of the Ark of the Covenant. Knew Dean would make a "Raiders" reference. He didn't disappoint.

Delphine turns out to be the last warding. I wondered why she had to be killed, why not just scratch out the symbol or something? But it's tied to her blood? Seems a bit silly but oh well.

Luci reveals himself to Sam and nearly kills him but Cas re-emerges and saves him. He also tells Sam he (cas) did it on purpose and that they need Luci to save Dean. Which he does. Only, whoops, the Hand is a one-time-only weapon, it seems. Though didn't they seem to indicate that there are other "Hands" out there? So all the boys have to do is find another one and use it.

Sam saves them with the sigil (how did Luci not see that?).

Dean doesn't want to talk about it.

I don't know, an okay episode but aside from the reveal on Luci, I felt like we were sort of spinning our wheels a bit here.
    10--Better than coffee
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than having no coffee
    0%

I like the episode. It was a pretty good standalone episode, though I agree that aside from the Cassifer reveal, it didn't advance the plot in any way. But I always enjoy seeing members of the Men of Letters, and I really liked the character work with Dean in this episode-how he reacted to Delphine and the rest of the members of that crew being willing to die because they were meant to and to help him get what he needed.

I'm still really not sold on the whole Casifer thing though. They made such a big deal about how Lucifer couldn't inhabit just any vessel back in season 5-they showed him decaying the vessel he had before Sam, and yet he's doing just fine in Cas' vessel? And how is Jimmy's body able to handle two angels at once? I just don't know if it jives with what they've established in the past about angels and vessels, but I suppose Supernatural just hasn't been all that great when it comes to continuity. At this point, it seems like they're changing the rules of everything as it suits the plot.

Comment

My guess is that Jimmy's vessel is special, more so now than when he first said yes to Cas. Remember, Jimmy's vessel had been "resurrected" twice by God. The first time after getting blown away by Raphael he even said he came back "new and improved." The second time was after he went into the lake and the Leviathan escaped. Daphne even said that it was God who led her to Cas in the first place.

So, I am thinking that The Vessel is much more powerful than any other's, and it could possibly be that his vessel is capable of holding God...although with Chuck returning that's not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
        My guess is that Jimmy's vessel is special, more so now than when he first said yes to Cas. Remember, Jimmy's vessel had been "resurrected" twice by God. The first time after getting blown away by Raphael he even said he came back "new and improved." The second time was after he went into the lake and the Leviathan escaped. Daphne even said that it was God who led her to Cas in the first place.

So, I am thinking that The Vessel is much more powerful than any other's, and it could possibly be that his vessel is capable of holding God...although with Chuck returning that's not likely.
        Ooh, interesting theory! I was wondering if the fact that Jimmy's body has been restored was a factor. And of course, we know that Jimmy's soul is no longer in there.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎