Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Don't you Forget about Me"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Don't you Forget about Me"?

So this episode was kinda meh to me. Rather fillerish.

We start with a couple making out and Claire attacking. I have to admit right off the bat here that I am not a big fan of Claire. So knowing this episode would focus a lot on her made me a bit ‘ugh’.

Dean and “The Elvis” however? That was brilliant. His offended face when Sam turned it down was priceless!

Jody picking up Alex (I had sort of forgotten what her name and story was, frankly. Honestly, I preferred Kristy, myself.) and then whoops, Winchesters! “I didn’t put up the Batsignal.” Oh, Jody that would have made Dean’s day, with the reference.

The dinner scene was just the best. Loved the boys loving the food and then how, when it devolved into the discussion with the girls they had total deer in headlights looks. “Oh, we’re going there” and Sam’s expression, along with Dean’s “what?” was just classic.

Claire and Sam’s talk was interesting. I think he had a unique perspective to give her.

The teacher is dead, it’s a case and Claire can’t wait to say I told you so.

Dean making tough guy faces at Alex’s boyfriend. It made me think of how Dean actually has been a father before (although briefly).

The janitor turning out to be a vamp was not a big shock. It was fairly obvious that he was the bad guy. His backstory, however, was fairly interesting, as well as his turning of the boyfriend. So that Alex could have something built up so that he could take it away. Very intricate.

Nice double team from the girls and all ends happy and the boys get the leftover food.

But yeah, just felt kind of fillerish and while I am always thrilled to see Jody I felt she didn’t much meat in this episode. I have seen several suggestions that this episode could be a backdoor pilot for a spin-off but I’d rather see Sheriff Donna and Jody as the leads (okay, the girls could be part of it) or even Eileen from last week, than the adventures of Claire Novak.
    10--as sublime as "The Elvis"
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible
    0%

I like Jody, but I'd be happy if we didn't see her again. The last few Jody eps haven't been that good. I've liked every episode this season, which is rare for any season, but this was a show stopper for me. I don't care about Alex or Claire. I didn't even finish watching it.

Comment

While this wasn't the greatest episode, it wasn't the worst. For some reason, maybe I missed the episode, but I had no idea who Alex was. I did think it could have been a spinoff setup too.

Gave it a 5.

Comment

I wanted to turn off.

Comment

I mentioned before in another thread that I think this was a "tester" for a potential spinoff. I think as a filler episode it was above-average, but for a spinoff, it just doesn't cut it for me. I do like Claire, but I liked her better when she was with Cas than as a newbie hunter. I am pleasantly surprised they did not kill off Jody, although if the spinoff doesn't pan out, and if she comes back, I think she's doomed.

I did enjoy the dinner scene....too funny.

Comment

Yup, it was meh. Wanted to turn it off, and thought to myself "I'm going to have this feeling next week with yet another filler episode."

One highlight: dinner scene. Dean was hilarious! Other than that, I wish I skipped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
              For some reason, maybe I missed the episode, but I had no idea who Alex was.
              I had forgotten all about Alex too, frankly. We first saw her in episode 9.19 Alex Annie Alexis Ann (she also popped up, briefly, in 10.08 Hibbing 911).

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎