No announcement yet.

Arrow Gets Their Supergirl

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Gets Their Supergirl

"Quertee you eye op,"Trista pronounced the string of letters running on the keyboard of the computer terminal. She tried it again, "Querteeu..."

"What are you doing?" Camilla suddenly announced upon her return, startling the young 15 year old Trista from her acclimation.

"Trying to figure out this ...what did you call it?" Trista tried to remember.

Camilla stepped into the office with a bundle of clothes she had picked out at a Goodwill store, and replied, "Computer..." and then said "You did not do any of your acclimation training, did you?"

Trista clasped her hand and stared at Camilla in trying to allay her sister's burden in taking care of her and said, "Yessss...."she paused and smiled,"I did...I just didn't finished it before we had launched," then she put in for her own defense,"oh, come on! The numbers above those letters are in order. I know the English alphabet. Why can't they put the letters in order? There has to be a reason for this, so maybe it mean something?"

"How much did you do?"Camilla inquired sternly as she was very annoyed at her younger sister. She had been bugging Trista to do her acclimation studies since their mother had received the security codes for the facility where the fleet that was reserved for the elite's own escape from Krypton had been found. It was their mother's plan to reprogrammed the auto pilot of one of the medical ships to divert from the fleet to go to a far more distant planet called Earth in another galaxy far away.

Their mother, Astra, had known where the facility was that the elite had the reserved fleet at, thanks to their deceased father, but whether or not, they would be able to get the security codes and then devise the plan needed to get passed all that security, that was questionable. It had been resolved that Kara and Kal El would at least survive Krypton as their secret launch date was coming soon, but a twist of fate has landed the security codes in her mother's lap, and so it was possible to meet Kara and the baby cousin, Kal El, before they had come to Earth.

But then, something had happened at the boarding. Kara had signalled mother away, and with everything that was going on with Non and his men creating a diversion at another distant facility, especially after killing a security guard, Camilla's mother had to make sure Kara was okay, and that she was not suffering any repercussions by the authorities for Kara's secret relations to her as her "Aunt" while she was warring as a dissident against the Council's policy. The fear that the authorities had found out that Astra was actually Kara's mother, was too much to leave to chance. So before her departure for her meeting with Kara, Astra had programmed the mass launch of the fleet to be activated by remote per her palm held device that she used as a communication relay between herself and Kara. It wasn't long afterwards when their mother had activated the mass launch of the fleet remotely, leaving their mother behind.

As if that wasn't bad enough, upon awakening from the crystaline hypersleep chamber, the ship was damaged upon landing on Earth, and Camilla had seen the navigational sensor array flickering a 3 D image of some information about a "temporal wormhole", and sure enough, an ill fated family reunion with Kara came about, only that Kara was a full grown adult now and had not recognized them other than being of the "criminals of the first exodus".

Camilla knew about the mental block placed upon the baby Kara when Kara was about a year old. Supposedly, the testing done by the childless Aunt Alura had proven Kara to be very loyal to immediate family members, and although higher in bravery than Camilla was, it was projected that Kara would stay behind with her mother and the family in facing death on Krypton together rather than leave to Earth to take care of Kal El. So a mental block was necessary as Aunt Alura raised Kara as her own to instill upon her wishes upon Kara as "her mother" to take care of cousin, Kal El, when the time comes for their separate, but yet simultaneous launches.

Kara was mopping the floor with Camilla and her passive brother, Edgar. Kara was seemingly a hardened warrior. Camilla figured that something must have happened to have made Kara this way. Granted, the yellow sun had changed Camilla's physiology and the physiology of her brother's to be the same as Kara's to survive that fight, but Trista's physiology was different. She was basically human as far as being under the yellow sun was concern, and except for the special ability to heal others and not just herself, one single blow from Kara would be fatal, and there may be no coming back from that for Trista. Fortunately, during the end of that battle that Kara was winning, Kara did not deliver the single fatal blow to Trista to "knock her out" as she must have figured out that Trista was not "super" at all. That puzzlement gave Camilla the second wind and opening to plow Kara away from Trista and to make her remember that she was her sister which was to no avail as Kara's mental block gave a side effect of causing a seizure to prevent Kara from receiving that information.

Camilla took advantage of Kara being unconscious and took her to the medical bay suited for inputting medical mental block which, of course, Camilla was acting on her mother's plan to use it to remove the mental block. It was damaged beyond repair. Then Kara came to, and Camilla tried again to make Kara remember that she was her sister and that Astra was her mother, and Kara had another seizure and crumpled to the floor again. Then Camilla thought of using Trista's healing abilities, and a little bit of light came from Trista into Kara, but nothing was certain that it had worked.

After all that was said and done, while Kara was unconscious still, seemingly asleep as if Kara was having the best peaceful sleep she had had in a long time, Camilla had escaped with Edgar and Trista. She came back and hid herself to make sure Kara was all right as the military people had arrived and swarming all over the place, until Kara was being awakened by someone named Alex, whom seem to know and care about Kara, but sure enough, Kara was not remembering what had happened to her or how she came to be in the damaged Kryptonian medical ship. It looked like Trista's attempt to heal Kara of that mental block had failed for now.

So now Camilla is dreading the next battle with her sister, Kara, and worrying about the fate of Kal El as well, only to find Trista's procrastination in getting her acclimation training done an unnecessay burden she did not want to bear. "How MUCH did you do, Trista?" Camilla demanded an answer from her sheepishly stammering sister.

"Umm....." Trista was looking around, trying to hide her betraying sheepish smile, "I just did the entertainment index," she explained, and she nodded her head in agreement and said "Boy! There was an awful lot to view in there! I admit, I was watching that TV show, Hannah Montana! To think that wearing a blonde wig can fool so many people!" She informed Camilla, "I can see how entertaining that was! Being a normal average pretty girl while secretly hiding that you are a musical superstar by wearing a blonde wig! That was way so cool!" But before Camilla could ask if that was all she had done," Trista continued, "And then something happened to the actress that was playing Hannah Montanna at the Video Music Awards... " she paused, "I had seen two movies, 'The Island' and 'Freejack', and I'm thinking one of those two scenarios is what has happened to her," she looked up at Camilla and said gleefully while nodding her head, "I am going to make it my mission to save the real actress that played Hannah Montana!!"

But before Camilla could make her complaint known to Trista for putting her in a difficult position to cover for her alien behavior while Trista was acclimating to this culture on earth, she was interrupted, "Hey! Check this out!" came in Edgar in his new duds. Sporting a fancy black leather pants, and boots to match, with a red T-shirt and a fancy black leather coat over it, Edgar took off his black thick sunglesses and put both his palms out and smiled. "As the Earthings say, 'Tah dahhhh...' "

Eyeing the price tags that are still on those new duds and sunglasses, "Where... did you get those?" Camilla inquired.

"What?" Edgar detected the note of cricticism in Camilla's voice, "I wasn't going to let you pick out my duds. I got taste in my choice of apparels," he looked at what Camilla had brought for him from the Goodwill store,"those are all right, but I prefer these, thank you."

"Did you pay for those?"Camilla inquired again as she dropped the bundle of clothes she was holding unto the floor to cross her arms in judgment of her brother.

"And you did?" Edgar asked incredulously.

"Yes," Camilla reported, "I got the money from the wishing fountain."

"Oh.."Edgar sunk his shoulder in defeat, and then replied, "No. I did not pay for them," and then he remembered, "but I did disable the security system before breaking into the store."

"Take them back, Edgar,"Camilla demanded.

Edgar raised his shoulder and took a stance,"I remember the store, and I will pay for it when I get the money." Camilla was silent. Trista had joined her as well, but looking at Edgar as if she could not believe he had done that. "Ohh... all right. Man.." He looked at his new duds and really did like them, and left.

"And you..." Camilla ordered as she turned to face her sitting sister,"take off your Kryptonian garbs and don these on."

Trista smiled sheepishly once again and got up, took a few steps, and then knelt down to the bundle of clothes on the floor to pick out her things that Camilla had selected.

Camilla sat down at the computer terminal and began typing away for information about Kara as Supergirl. Then she saw in the search results about Superman. She began speed reading in gathering information and reporting as she searched. "Good news!!! Kal El made it too!!!" she paused and then groaned, "What on krypton for?!!" Camilla declared in protest until she saw Trista looking at her puzzled and then announced, "Bad news. Apparently some bad guys from Krypton are making trouble for earth," she kept on searching until she saw an image of one of the kryptonian men,"NON!!!" Camilla cried out about her apathetic stepfather "NON IS HERE?!" Camilla looked at Trista and announced, "NO WONDER Kara is in a warring mood!'

Then Camilla saw Trista's eyes wondering about mother. She looked for images of super flying females and found her mother hovering in National City. "MOM!!!" she cried with joy as Trista rushed over to see. "MOM's HERE!!" Trista was speechless as Camilla jumped up and gave Trista a hug. A crackling sound stopped Cailla hugging Trista immediately. "Whoa....sorry. Are you okay?"

A light glowed over the mid section of Trista's body, especially up and down her spine as Trsita reported, "Now I am.." and then said, "Ow...." at the memory of her back breaking.

Camilla held her hands up as if to display that her sister was hands off as she said softly, "I am sooo sorry."

Trista reminded Camilla of her joy so as to forget what she had done, "Mom's here," and smiled.

"But why is mother and NON with his men are causing trouble HERE and NOW?" Camilla inquired outloud and then assumed, "Is there something wrong with this planet?" As Trista returned to donning the apparels that Camilla had picked out for her, Camilla sat back down reciting,"But the Kryptonian report indicated an earth reverting back to its former greenhouse environment." Trista slipped out of her Kryptonian garbs and began dressing herself while Camilla reported,"ohh... I see. Huh. Looks like Mother and Non made the mistake of getting their information from Earth's science rather than Kryptonian's. Mother must not have read everything in her acclimation training either."

"How do you know?" Trista asked, feeling a little better about not getting her acclimation training done.

"Earth's science is currently pushing a global warming threat. Apparently, no records from four thousand years ago is available for them to know that their atmosphere is reverting back to its former greenhouse environment before the meteors had come, "Camilla did some more searching for about twenty minutes before she continued,"get this! They think their earth is billions of years old!"

"Wow!" Trista proclaimed,"how on krypton.. I mean how on earth did they come about that conclusion?"

"The presence and number of daughter atoms to parent atoms; their measurement of the rate of decay," Camilla reported until she saw Trista looking at her weirdly,"they are assuming that there were no daughter atoms present with parent atoms at the moment of existence."

"Oy yi yi...how can they say that speculation and then believe their result is a fact?" Trista inquired incredulously.

"They just do.." Camilla reported,"they even think there has been several ice ages instead of the one, and they believed all of those meteor impacts of four thousand years ago, had happened at different moments in time instead of contributing to that first and only ice age."

"Oooo," Trista interjected with a request,"what did they say happened about two thousand years ago?"

"You mean when the lights from the heaven all went out?" camilla asked for confirmation to her sister's inquiry. Trista nodded in the affirmative. Camilla looked in the records for the unexplainable darkness around that time. "There was a historian named Thallus that reported an eclipse at that time of this person's crucifixion, but Joseph Africanus corrected that historian by pointing out that there was a full moon that night and so it was highly unlikely as that being the cause of the unexplainable darkness," Camilla reported as she looked further for confirmation. "Yep... that is all I could find. They hardly mentioned that all the lights in the heavens had gone out and not just the sun and the moon for the darkness that had occurred at that time."

Wow!" Trista announced, "Talk about leaving out an important thing like that in their history! Just barely a footnote even! Huh!" then she paused, "Whose crucifixion was happening at the time of this darkness?"

"Ummm....hmmm...oh. No wait. Okay. I see. His name.. as far as his followers are calling him by to this day is..... Jesus Christ,"Camilla reported.

"He has followers?" Trista announced. "I bet the people capitalized on that darkness to get all of those followers through out the years."

Camilla shook her head, "Nope. That is not why they are followers of Jesus Christ."

"Really?" Trista asked incredulously, " I would think that unexplainable darkness would have made followers of anybody in that day and age."

"That's not why he has followers," Camilla said plainly, shaking her head slowly at the reading of this information.

"Okay," Trista asked finally, "what could top an unexplainable darkness to get followers at a guy's crucifixion?"

"After his crucifixion, he rose from the dead three days later," Camilla stated softly.

Trista was taken aback, and asked in wonderment, "Was he kryptonian? What was the reason they had crucified him for?"

"Claiming to be the Son of God as in God," Camilla stated as a matter of fact. "I better get back to finding out what happened to mother."

Camilla searched for a while before saying, "Sadly, Supergirl.. I mean, Kara, was fighting Mother,"she took in a deep breath and said,"Apparently mother must be believing Earth's science about what is causing global warming." Camilla placed both her hands on her face in shame of her mother and was reluctant to report what had happened next.

The delay made Trista worried about why Camilla was not saying anything further, "Is mom dead?" she choked as she finished dressing herself.

"No," Camilla reported, "as far as I can tell." Then she remembered, "Those military people that came on the medical ship that Kara was with, were of something called the D E O," she searched for a while before noting Trista's lack of acclimation training, and pointed out, "Trista? Those panties go underneathe the pants."

Trista looked at herself and then said "Oy. I bet this never happened to Kal El."

As Trista corrected her attire, Camilla reported that the DEO had to be a secret organization, because she could not find anything and that she will need to go into the dark web, an underground information communication system off the normal grid of the general public.

A little time had passed when Trista was done dressing herself and was looking out the window when Edgar had come back wearing his Kryptonian garb. Trista announced, "Edgar! MOM is here !!!"

Edgar eyes lighted up with joy and tears as he was about to embrace Trista before she warned him to do so gently. He did so correctly as he jumped up and down crying out "Yeah! We made it!"

"Non is here too," Trista was reluctant to inform.

"Huh?!!" Edgar asked exasperatingly,"Couldn't mother leave that cold bastard behind?"

"Apparently not..." Trista moaned in agreement.

"I still say Non killed Dad to get him out of the way to marry Mom," Camilla interjected," it had to be no coincidence for him to be there to report that accident."

"Yeah," Edgar chimed in,"especially when mother found the crystal containing those security codes for that facility on him at the morgue." He was procrastinating in donning what Camilla had picked out for him in favor of watching Camilla searching for his mother. "Hack into that security feed of that place there..." he pointed out to Camilla from over her shoulders. Far beneath an underground security facility, they found their mother in a cell surrounded by a forcefield. Their jaws dropping made Trista come over to see what they were seeing. "We got to get her out of there." Edgar stated firmly.

"It should be easy enough," Camilla surmised, "we'll just plow through the earth and through the levels of that facility until we reach her and bust her out."

"A quick in and out," Edgar concluded, "no fighting. Just grab mother and go."

"Hey.." Trista protested, "what about me? I can't fly or do any of that super stuff you guys can do."

"You stay here, "Camilla announced, but not before Trista folded her arms in defiance as a tear started down her cheek in being left alone even for a little while on an alien world.

Trista was wondering if this was Camilla's way of punishing her for not finishing her acclimation training, and said" I apologize for not finishing my training, but you do not need to leave me here alone to drive that point home."

"It's not about that, Trista, honest.." Camilla assured her, "we will grab mother and bring her back here," she paused as she was about to hug her again, but instead, gently patted both of her arms with her hands and turned to leave.

Trista walked over to the computer and said, "This doesn't look right, Camilla!" Trista shouted, hoping their superhearing will register her conversation to them,"I mean what kind of a forcefield is keeping her in? Doesn't mother have superpowers too?" Hearing no answer, she asked, wondering, "Or is she like me... with no superpowers at all?"

She plopped herself into the chair as she looked over the contents of the security system. She noted the make up of the forcefield, and typed in an abbreviation of one of those that made up of the forcefield and saw the index file for "kryptonite". She found out that green kryptonite at low strength can make a kryptonian weak, but at normal strength, they can eventually kill due to long exposure. Alarmed, she looked back at the video of her mother and rationalized with hope that sense the green light was pointing inward, this was to keep her mother from escaping the forcefield so that Camilla and Edgar would not be affected directly. She saw some red lights in the room and recollected a reference to red kryptonite. Trista went back to look further into the index on kryptonite and then discovered that red kryptonite removes all inhibitions. "The animus becomes dominant whereas the persona become dormant in behavior," she read. She went back to the video screen of her mother, and her mother was just standing there as if waiting for someone to come back and talk to her. "Hmmm..." she mused out loud, "maybe the red light is just a red light. You do not seem to be affected by ...it," then she thought of something, "...wait a minute.." she opened another screen page and typed in a search engine for the video of the Music Video Award of her favorite actress and began viewing it intensely, saying "...could it be .... could she be from Krypton?" she looked at the video again, increasing the zoom on the image to look even more closely for any sign whatsoever...but, even though failing, she was not convinced, "Her behavior is not consistent..." she argued out loud, "she's got to be from Krypton....someone found out... yes... they wanted to turn her into a sex kitten... yes.. that's it," she growled, "MEN!" She continued to replay the video, giving exasperations over her repeated failure to find the red kryptonite on her until finally, "Darn it..." she continued, "I was kinda hoping....oh well," then she paused and concluded, "I shall save my Hannah Montana. Just you wait. I'll heal my goody two shoe Miley Cyrus and get Hannah Montana back!!!"

She went back to watch the security monitor of her mother in her cell, wondering if she could walk up to Miley Cyrus and just touch her to heal her, "I wonder if that would work?" She reflected on that Barbara Walter's special of an interview with Miley Cyrus saying that she gets her support from her family, and that's what keeps her from going down the self destructive paths that many child stars go on. Trista had noted in her recollection from her perusing the entertainment media that at the beginning of Miley Cyrus's spiral, it was sometime before there was talk about her father getting a divorce. So she concluded in her thoughts that this was the cause when she was losing her support system from her family. Then Miley said she gets her support from her fans, but she practically alienated her Hannah Montana fans by that event at the VMA, and yet gathering a different kind of fans after her. Trista began biting her nails in nervousness, wondering if there wasn't really anything she could do to save her Hannah Montana. She did not want to accept that Miley Cyrus and Hanna Montana were not really one and the same, but just a beloved character she had played on television. The "Miley" in the Hannah Montana show did have a different last name for her character she was playing on the show, but Trista wanted Miley Cyrus to be that character in that show to hold unto the hope that she would continue the television series somehow. "oooohhh," she moaned,"it would have been so cool to have her as one of us.."she boasted, "I would get that red kryptonite away from her and set her free from her animus," then she looked up at the ceiling and moaned,"ahhh who am I kidding? But I really like that Hannah Montana character. Oh well." She looked back at the computer screen.

Then the dormant red lights lit up and began whirling in the room where her mother's cell was. Trista could see her mother having a hard time maintaining her balance as debris seem to be falling from the ceiling, until sure enough, Camilla and Edgar made their grand entrance through the ceiling and into the room. There was no sound, but she could read their lips as Camilla and Edgar greeted their mother from outside the cell, but her mother was screaming for them to escape, but too late as the gas flowed into the room, knocking Camilla and Edgar out. "Oh...no.." Trista said softly. Silence filled the room as she sat for twenty two minutes until finally sobbing, "I am all alone now..."

"No, you are not,"came a female voice of someone standing in the doorway. Trista was wide eyed with fright. She stood up slowly from the chair and began backing away from the desk as this young woman approached her. "I'm not going to hurt you," she continued, "my name is Felicity Smoak. I am the C E O of Palmer Industries, and I have been watching you through the security monitor in this office and listening to your conversation from my office down the hall," she explained, "I understand that you are from Krypton, and that you do not have superpowers as your brother and sister does," that did little to assure her as Trista started trembling,"I am like you...just a normal human being," she managed to back Trista against the wall to keep her from being able to dodge around her to run away. Trista knees were about to give out beneath her as her teeth were chattering now. Felicity raised her hand up slowly and embraced her gently into a hug, to keep her from fainting to the floor, saying,"Welcome to Earth, Trista," Felicity said happily as she finally hugged an alien as something she had always wanted to do since Superman, and now Supergirl has come to Earth. Even though her alien had just fainted in her arms, she swayed Trista back and forth gently and slowly as if living in the moment of having finally hugged an alien, "we sure could use a healer every now and then. Welcome home."
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-25-2015, 05:33 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎