No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

CBS is working on a new Star Trek series which will premiere in January of 2017 just in time for the 50th Anniversary of the franchise. It will premiere on CBS than move to their paid service CBS All Access.

The new Star Trek series will be the first series created specifically for CBS All Access. It will join the rest of the franchise which is already available through that service.
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 09-21-2023, 08:54 PM. Reason: changed CBS All Access to Paramount+

Just read about this and I'm sort of excited though I do wish they had of picked up Renegades rather then creating their own as Renegades has a lot of potential given how well done it's fan fund pilot was.

Comment

I really dont get the whole oh lets put it up on the place where u have to pay to watch. My guess is new eps will go up on All Access first then a few days later new eps will b on the regular CBS app and maybe network. Love Trek but im not paying to watch just one series on an app.

Maybe itll b on a site like Netflix too later on. The other Trek shows r all up there so i could see the new show being added to that service after each season too.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        I really dont get the whole oh lets put it up on the place where u have to pay to watch. My guess is new eps will go up on All Access first then a few days later new eps will b on the regular CBS app and maybe network. Love Trek but im not paying to watch just one series on an app.

Maybe itll b on a site like Netflix too later on. The other Trek shows r all up there so i could see the new show being added to that service after each season too.
        I'd imagine they are just trying to get the die hard fans to fork out a few extra bucks, or rewarding those who are already paying for it given it's the fans who want it back again.
        It will probably go to Netflix eventually, though if CBS are offering something like this from the beginning I don't expect to see it appear on Netflix until much later.

Comment

Eugene Wesley “Rod” Roddenberry Jr. has signed on to executive-produce CBS’ Star Trek reboot, TVLine has learned. Roddenberry Jr., president of Roddenberry Entertainment, will join fellow EPs Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin and showrunner Bryan Fuller for the Eye Network’s new take on his father’s classic space-exploration series.

http://tvline.com/2016/03/03/star-tr...-producer-cbs/
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-03-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Comment

New ‘Star Trek’ Showrunner Bryan Fuller on Progressiveness, Number of Episodes, Filming Details, and Much More

Comment

It has an official subtitle of - Star Trek: Discovery, which is also the name of the starship, the U.S.S. Discovery in the series.

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-23-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

People are saying it's based on a McQuarrie design. I like the artist, but not this design. I prefer the elegance of the ships with smooth lines and rounded edges like the A, D, and even Voyager.

Comment

I'm unsure on this design currently, I like it but something about it just doesn't sit right with me. It's coming across almost like a ship built for war, though that could be the music used with it and the fact it seems to be a combination of a Klingon Bird of Prey and the Enterprise-D.

Comment

I think I'm okay with the design. It has a "dated" feel to it, but that might work depending on when the series is set. I've seen a lot of speculation it's between Enterprise and TOS. Though, Enterprise had a simplistic "dated" feel to the ship, while not being as "boxy" and sharp agularly as this one looks.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                          I think I'm okay with the design. It has a "dated" feel to it, but that might work depending on when the series is set. I've seen a lot of speculation it's between Enterprise and TOS. Though, Enterprise had a simplistic "dated" feel to the ship, while not being as "boxy" and sharp agularly as this one looks.
                          All that speculation is purely based on the registration number currently. This was an unfinished design so the current theories could easily be thrown out the window.

Comment

What do you mean "unfinished design"?

Comment

I like it and the name of the ship/new series.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎