Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels & Marvel’s Inhumans) has been cast on the show’s S2 as Captain Pike.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star...nt-1202743293/

Comment

Comment

I don’t know where to put this but, all the trekkies out there rejoice... Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) himself will be returning to the world of Star Trek in a yet-to-be-titled new series at CBS All Access.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...series-1132262

Though 20yrs later, I’m sure Picard is much more than a Captain

Comment

Comment

S2 Premieres Today!!!

Comment

I liked it. I think they got Pike perfect. I think season 2 will be good.

Comment

I enjoyed the S2 premiere. It felt like an OG Star Trek episode with their mission to rescue the starfleet crew stranded in the astride field. I did chuckle when they came out in those colorful power ranger-esque suits; I was sure at one point they were going to combine there ships to form a megazord

Though, it’s very convenient that the Enterprise is down for the count, Spock is MIA and Captain Pike has been reassigned to the Discovery.

Can’t wait for the rest of the season.

Comment

Looks like the latest episode of S2 served sort of as a backdoor pilot for Georgiou's (Michelle Yeoh) Section 31 spin-off series, even though it came out of nowhere at the end of the episode. I’m glad that it ended with Tyler joining Georgiou’s crew (he had nowhere else to really go).

As for the rest of the episode...we’ve only really skimmed the surface of Michael, Amanda, Sarek and Spock’s relationship. I’m even more curious about this “red angel”, that has been appearing to Michael; especially when we find out that it appeared to young Spock; so it’s not just a hallucination.

Speaking of which...

Tilly’s own hallucination was just a spore-related parasite. I won’t be surprised if her hallucination returns regardless if they got rid of the parasite.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-02-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

What are people’s thoughts of the season so far? I think it’s better overall so far than last season but I think they have too many balls being juggled story wise. I also don’t like that they have made Section 31 as a part of Starfleet Intelligence, with their own bagdes advertising themselves...yes because 100 years later no one would know of or have any record of a controversial organization operating within Starfleet. The producers compare them to the CIA, but wouldn’t that be Starfleet Intelligence itself?

Comment

• Okay, this might explain a few things.

I figure Michael originally died as a child in the timeline of TOS and the other shows (hence why she's never brought up). Which would then make this an alternate universe. The war in season one of the show was never brought up in TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY, because it never happened there.

Of course, this puts Michael ever more as the center of the universe.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Okay, so that person wasn't a robot. Would've been nice to have seen that be brought up, last season. I can't even remember her name. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be able to bring her back. As she downloaded all of her memories into Discovery's computer. And they had all of that research into artificial intelligence, from the sphere.

The scene between her and Michael really bugged me. While they were talking, but seemed to be forgetting that Commander Nhan was chocking to death, not far away. Maybe try and help her.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Okay, so that person wasn't a robot. Would've been nice to have seen that be brought up, last season. I can't even remember her name. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be able to bring her back. [SPOILER]As she downloaded all of her memories into Discovery's computer. And they had all of that research into artificial intelligence, from the sphere.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]The scene between her and Michael really bugged me. While they were talking, but seemed to be forgetting that Commander Nhan was chocking to death, not far away. Maybe try and help her.[/SPOILER]
                          They said Airiam’s name a bunch of times throughout the episode. If Dr. Culber can get resurrected, I don’t see why a half human/cyborg who downloaded her memories to the Discovery computer can’t somehow live on in some shape or form just as easily.

Anyway...

It feels a little lame that they used a hologram to to set up Spock...and I think it’s because the Orville had a similar reveal on an episode a few weeks ago and they did it better.

Comment

• Here’s an interesting theory on what “Control” could actually be:

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-dis...origin-theory/

Comment

• I hope they're not going to do a cop out in the next episode, with the possible destruction of Discovery. Have it be destroyed, with the crew being transferred to a new ship (that becomes Discovery-A). It's a situation that I think we've before only seen in the films, not the TV shows. Certainly not in the second season.
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 04-07-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Really enjoyed this season as a whole but, that ending was....FANTASTIC!!! I watched the penultimate and the season finale back to back so it felt like a film. My only nitpick would be that it wrapped up too neatly.[SPOILER]It was a beginning and finale for both the Discovery & Enterprise crews (the latter of which I’d like to see have their own series with the other Trek shows on the horizon...CBS All Access, make it so).[/SPOILER]

I wasn’t too sure where they were going with the “red angel” arc this season but, it all came together. [SPOILER] So in the end it turned out that Michael was the red angel that saved them throughout the season; everything that happened and those they met throughout the season were key pieces, so that Michael (when the time came) could go back in time to those moments in time when the red angel appeared to them. [/SPOILER]

Now, as I was saying about how neatly it all turned out...

[SPOILER]So anyone with knowledge of the Discovery (Spock, Pike, Tyler, Number One, the rest of the Enterprise crew and anyone else associated with the ship) will have perpetrated this conspiracy that the ship was destroyed and the crew killed; thus creating some interesting mythology in the process. It puts the OG series and the films in a whole new light. [/SPOILER]

I’m so curious about the next season. I have lots of questions.
                                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-21-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎