Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series 10 News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone put a LARGE wager on it being Kris Marshall around the time BBC made the announcement today. This is the same thing that happened when Peter Capaldi was announced. More proof its Kris to be announced.

Comment

Comment

Here are the odds of potential actors that could be the 13th Doctor:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...atalie-dormer/

I wouldn't be surprised if the top pick (Kris Marshall) was not the new Doctor. What the fans want isn't necessarily what the writers or producers planned out for the series moving forward. They have to pick the actor that will fit the story they're going to be telling.

I'm not a "Doctor Who purist" having only came into the series with the 9th incarnation. I wouldn't mind having diversity in the casting choice; Yes, a woman and/or someone of color would be a bold new choice. Though, I know there would be an uproar.

Comment

Well nice to know we will find out this upcoming Sunday.

I don't really care if it's Kris Marshall but I just don't a female or African American to play the role. That would be like making James Bond as Jenny Bond. Mostly used that because it's actors who have taken over the role but James Bond just doesn't physically regenerate into a new person.

For me a female Doctor is fine idea in something like a Fan fiction story not on the actual show. I'm actually kind of a flexible person but there are a few things I'm not and that's making The Doctor a female.

Plus it would just upset far to much of how many of The Doctor's relationships are built on him being a male.

Comment

In a historic announcement, the first ever female Doctor Who is....Jodi Whittaker

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/7/16...odie-whittaker

Comment

And enter butthurt fanboys.

Hopefully, that's not what she'll be wearing on the actual show. Think the only thing I've seen her on is Broadchurch.

Comment

And as I figured it wasn't going to be Kris Marshall. Though, he could still be in the series as her companion.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87

And enter butthurt fanboys.

Hopefully, that's not what she'll be wearing on the actual show. Think the only thing I've seen her on is Broadchurch.
                  Yeah *chuckles* at the fanboys

Really a female Doctor well just go and check my previous comments for being "Like, no sorry not supporting this" but I'm stilling to give it a chance. The Doctor is a Time Lord and has always said that it's unknown what he will end up with.

So really I'm just more concerned that they don't go overboard with the "Female power" and stuff. If they do that, eh so not going to be a fan if they take it that way and given the BBC well I have my concerns.

Focus on her just being The Doctor, not the fact that's she's a female. Also something I think they will do is keep calling her The Doctor and not just make a name switch like The Master did.

Other then that, sure I'm curious to see what Jodi Whittaker does as The Doctor.

I did a quick check and haven't found anything in regards to anything I've seen Whittaker in so no clue what she's like.

@jon-el87 Jodi Whittaker said that's not what she'll be wearing and her clothes are in fact going to be a surprise for the Christmas special.
                  Last edited by Haggard01; 07-16-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Comment

Very happy to hear Jodie will take over. Great choice and when i saw her pull the hood back i cheered!

Comment

Can't wait til Christmas!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            Looks sweet for sure. I can't wait!

Comment

http://David Bradley: there’s “a lot...istmas special

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎