Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Scarification?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Scarification?"

I gave it a 9.

I'm not sure I like Jim's turnaround regarding Theo (since he was so skeptical of him at the charity event), but: Whatever. I guess we'll see where it goes.

The way Penguin was crying over his mother's predicament in the beginning got on my nerves—until he got the dirt on Galavan and reeled it in. Hopefully, his plan will work out, because I'm tired of the Galavans always having the upper hand. Poor Butch, though...

I thought the introduction of Firefly was ok, but I didn't like the way Selina talked to her when she was making her suit. Also, I thought Selina saying, "When I was a kid," to Butch was really strange considering she's still a kid. I thought the cats meowing outside was a good nod, though.

I really liked the stuff with Nygma and Kringle. I thought they were cute together (and it was nice not to see Edward talking to himself for once). Hopefully, that will last.

It was a solid episode to me, so I can't wait for next week
    10 - I thought it was great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'd give up my right hand for new writers!
    0%

A solid 10!

I loved the sequence that showed the history of the Wayne/Galavan feud........and the introduction to the Order of Saint Dumas! Azrael is coming! I thought for a moment there Galavan was part of the Court of Owls.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
      I loved the sequence that showed the history of the Wayne/Galavan feud........and the introduction to the Order of Saint Dumas! Azrael is coming!
      Yeah, at least we know what his goal is now (and why). Who is Azrael, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Bored me at times, but I definitely liked how we finally got some background info on Galavan and his motives. And Penguin chopping off Butch's hand was just.

Comment

I haven't seen enough eyes gouged out on this show, so it's good that we got that and some severed limbs to go with it this time.

Does anyone think any of the kids on the strike force will make it past mid-season?

I thought the backstory on the Galavans was ridiculous, and I didn't like the way it was presented.

The double date was surprisingly short, and I'm not sure of the point, but I guess it beats Nygma pretending to be Gollum. I'm still baffled Kringle didn't run for her life after last week.

Gordon's decision to endorse Galavan felt rushed and unearned. What exactly does he hope to get out of that? It sounded like he was asking for a mayor who would look the other way while they bent all the rules.

I felt sorry for the Firefly girl (I'm not referring to Thompkins), but I can't say her friendship with Selina did anything for me. Maybe she'll get to torch the bros next week.

Originally posted by Aries83
          Who is Azrael, if you don't mind my asking?
          He's the guy that took over as Batman after Bane broke Bruce's back. He belonged to some kind of cult called the Order of St. Dumas, which made him go crazy, so Bruce eventually had to come back in and stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            Yeah, at least we know what his goal is now (and why). Who is Azrael, if you don't mind my asking?
            Azrael is a title that gets passed down through the Order, several people have held the mantle of Azrael. The Order is a semi religious group, so if you think of Azrael as they're avenging angel enforcing the Order's will you won't be far off. Azrael is a perfect villain for Gotham, as who ever they pick for Azrael it won't affect a new one from rising up when Batman comes along

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
              Azrael is a title that gets passed down through the Order, several people have held the mantle of Azrael. The Order is a semi religious group, so if you think of Azrael as they're avenging angel enforcing the Order's will you won't be far off. Azrael is a perfect villain for Gotham, as who ever they pick for Azrael it won't affect a new one from rising up when Batman comes along
              They could easily feature Jean-Paul Valley's father as Azrael on this show and follow his story as well as the creation of his son and show the beginnings of him changing his mind (if I remember right, Valley Sr actually ended up wanting his son to escape the Order).
              Last edited by Exedore; 10-20-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                They could easily feature Jean-Paul Valley's father as Azrael on this show and follow his story as well as the creation of his son up and show the beginnings of him changing his mind (if I remember right, Valley Sr actually ended up wanting his son to escape the Order).
                Exactly right, that would be the smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  Does anyone think any of the kids on the strike force will make it past mid-season?
                  I'm going to say no. If they all die, maybe Barnes will feel responsible and resign?

I thought the backstory on the Galavans was ridiculous, and I didn't like the way it was presented.
                  I thought it was ok, but the Edwige character was so over the top. One of the worst-named characters, ever...

Besides his relative being maimed, I'm sure Galavan is more upset that his entire family was socially shunned/exiled.

Gordon's decision to endorse Galavan felt rushed and unearned. What exactly does he hope to get out of that? It sounded like he was asking for a mayor who would look the other way while they bent all the rules.
                  I agree. I'm sure it'll rub Barnes the wrong way, too.

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  He's the guy that took over as Batman after Bane broke Bruce's back. He belonged to some kind of cult called the Order of St. Dumas, which made him go crazy, so Bruce eventually had to come back in and stop him.
                  Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                  Thank you both for the info!

Comment

Not a very interesting episode. I like that Brigid made herself a suit, after getting burned the first time. Suits can be a tricky thing to justify, but here it makes sense that she instantly makes herself a suit, as she's using fire. So, she'll need something that'll protect her from it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎