No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Dark Swan?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Dark Swan?"

What did you think of the season premiere?
    10 - Dark & Delicious
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bravely Bad
    0%

I gave it a 5, because I didn't love it or hate it. I thought it was somewhere in the middle.

Of course, I went into with virtually no spoilers (I only knew they were doing Camelot and that Merida was coming).

The only things I didn't like were:
    • Zelena - For the love of God, get her to Oz ASAP. All she does is come off as an insolent, petty child.
    • Another memory wipe - This was just repetitive, and I hope it doesn't last long.

Other than that, I thought it was fine. I'm reserving judgement until I see how the first half plays out.

Comment

10. I like how the dagger was part of the Excalibur. Seeing Emma rise from the vault of the Dark One was cool. "Rumble" being her mentor is a nice touch. I'm glad this Camelot arc will have many Storybrooke characters and Granny's diner. I missed those things in season 3a's Neverland arc. The flash forward really makes me excited to see what happens in the coming weeks.
      Last edited by stovers; 09-27-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I loved it. I am guessing Rumple will he in a coma until Emma is rid of the darkness. He knows how to defeat the darkness with true loves kiss. Merida was okay. Regina had the best lines as usual. Zelena is mildly amusing for the moment. Hook and Emma are too cute. Also more Lancelot would be nice...something tells me he is being impersonated by another witch though, Morgan Le Fey anyone, or perhaps Merlin?

[SPOILER] I think Mulan and Merida might hook up, since Mulan is going to have a relationship this season. Breaking up Aurora and Phillip seems wrong anyway. Mulan shouldn't and wouldn't be a homewreaker (I hope) [/SPOILER]

Comment

Loved most of it but I don't like the part where they
          arrived back in Storybrooke without any memories of what happened exactly like what happened when Emma and Henry came back from New York and nobody remembered how they got back to Storybrooke.

Comment

maybe emma wiped their memories she knows how much it bothers them without them

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
              I don't like the part where they
              arrived back in Storybrooke without any memories of what happened exactly like what happened when Emma and Henry came back from New York and nobody remembered how they got back to Storybrooke.
              I agree. It was one thing to use [a memory wipe] last season, and it was effective then, but: To do it again just seems lazy. I mean, are they going to do it every season now? Surely, they can come up with something else next season to keep it fresh.

Comment

Adam and Eddy just confirmed that Emma retains her memories of what happened during that six weeks, which leads me to suspect that she may have had a hand - either directly or indirectly - in wiping everyone else's memories of that time period.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
                  Loved most of it but I don't like the part where they

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I agree. It was one thing to use [a memory wipe] last season, and it was effective then, but: To do it again just seems lazy. I mean, are they going to do it every season now? Surely, they can come up with something else next season to keep it fresh.
                  Also agree; was loving it up until the memory wipe. Without the wipe, it was on its way to a 10 for me but instead gets a 7.

Comment

Yeah I loved it until the memory wipe thing... is this only the 2nd time they did it other than the memory problems from the beginning of the show? I feel like there was 1 other time they did it too.. either way.... way too many times.

Other things I'm bugged by: Dark Swan's look post time skip... the outfit is an improvement on her original dark clothes, but the hair... no. just no. Was funny that dwarf wore her jacket, I expected her to comment on it but she didn't. Missed opportunity.

other thing, they are usually good at making their characters look accurate down to the hair, even the red heads, who are hard to find in the acting world apparently? but Arthur is supposed to be red head I believe... in the animated series and the latest series (Merlin) he is a blonde though... and they even had a blonde guy with him who looked pretty similar to the actor who played him on Merlin... yet they use a dark haired actor instead. :-/

& why would they take a baby and pregnant chick with them on an adventure.... I mean I guess it didn't seem like it would be dangerous compared to their previous problems... but they are usually mistaken. and why take Granny and not Red (who is still mysteriously absent) Actually, apparently the actress is returning this season so maybe she did come with them but got left in the forest during the lost memory time.

Comment

I love that Camelot is going to feature into this season in a big way. The Dark One's Dagger being a part of Excalibur is a pretty cool way to weave the story of Camelot into the show's existing mythology. I think the coolest thing about this episode, though, was the rose from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" being featured. I love it when they throw in little nods to the Disney movies like that. Overall, this was a pretty good premiere. I look forward to seeing what direction the writers take us this season.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎