Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashpoint ?? Nah, more like Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashpoint ?? Nah, more like Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Virtually everyone at this point is thinking "Flashpoint", but a thought has just struck me. What if (virtually) everyone is wrong, and they're not adapting Flashpoint, they're adapting something far grander, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Hypothesis. From the extended promo clip, it looks like the acellerator IS going to blow, substitute the acellerator for the Anti-Monitor's cannon and we now have (white circle) Barry just like Crisis on Infinite Earths. Possibly racing around and around the acellerator to contain the explosion . (An accelerator for an anti-matter cannon is a clever substitute).

Adult Barry in his "death" will thus become the bolt of lightning that possibly hits his younger self in Wells' altered timeline.

Can someone explain to me what does Flashpoint mean?

Comment

I doubt it, for the simple fact that this is season 1 of hopefully a long series. I think they'll want to keep the main character alive for at least a few more seasons And time travel story lines are already complicated enough without adding alternative/parellel worlds and additional characters. We're still building this universe. It's going to take a few more seasons before the real complicated stuff is introduced in all these series'.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Bluebird
        Can someone explain to me what does Flashpoint mean?
        Flashpoint was the Flash storyline that DC used to reboot their entire comic book universe. Basically he went back and saved his mum from dying which changed everything in a huge way (Amazon Vs Atlantis war, Bruce's father being Batman, Superman landing somewhere else etc.) and he eventually goes back and stops himself from changing that fact so it goes back to normal. That resulted in the start of the New 52 comics.

They did make an animated movie about it called Flashpoint which basically sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
          Virtually everyone at this point is thinking "Flashpoint", but a thought has just struck me. What if (virtually) everyone is wrong, and they're not adapting Flashpoint, they're adapting something far grander, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Hypothesis. From the extended promo clip, it looks like the acellerator IS going to blow, substitute the acellerator for the Anti-Monitor's cannon and we now have (white circle) Barry just like Crisis on Infinite Earths. Possibly racing around and around the acellerator to contain the explosion . (An accelerator for an anti-matter cannon is a clever substitute).

Adult Barry in his "death" will thus become the bolt of lightning that possibly hits his younger self in Wells' altered timeline.
          I dunno, I read this easter egg on the comicbook website and I thought the same.

Opening monologue
          Everything "taken in a flash" certainly sounds like something that, if it isn't implying Flashpoint, at least some fans will speculate that it is.

Comment

Alot of people take things said out of context. As far as I'm aware the creators and writers of the show only said they liked the idea of flashpoint, where if you time travel and change things it could cause major changes down the line. I don't think they ever stated they would base the show off the flashpoint paradox storyline.

Comment

All I have done this season is over think many plot points which if I went with my first guess I would have been right on most things. So for this show atleast I need to keep with that thinking.

Comment

It's not going to be Crisis on Infinite Earths. How do you explain adult Barry interacting with Nora? Whatever goes on in present day Central City could be the timeline being rewritten should Nora Allen survive. Adult Barry "disappears" in the present day because would there still be a Flash if Nora lives. Unless artistic liberties are taken, I think you can expect to see Flashpoint play out next week. Crisis on Infinite Earths (or its TV equivalent) would seem to make much more sense after the "Legends of Tomorrow" get established. Perhaps even as a storyline on that show or as a massive crossover finale (depending on the success of the new shows).

Comment

Just confirmed at CW up fronts, Sara Lance took a dip in the Lazarus Pit and emerged as the White Canary

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎