Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Who is Harrison Wells?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dind't find the episode that bad, plenty of nods to the expanded comic universe.
    the thing that bothered me a bit, was laurel getting her canary cry, pretty much off screen form the show she belongs too. There might be really peole enjoying arrow but not watching the Flash, so this was a bit of a slight on them.

Comment

First time poster on the Flash forums. I'm enjoying this show, but can't help cringe at the CWishness of it. After watching Smallville, Arrow and Flash, I figure they have guidelines for making those shows.

Guidelines for Making a superhero show on the CW:

1. Have a hacker. Can't have a show without a hacker. Preferably, hacking skills should be gained overnight.

2. Superheroes are impotent, therefore can't solve problems on their own. Give them someone who is really smart, and can tell them what to do

3. Access to secured places should be free to everyone. Anyone should be able to get into the secured mansions of the rich; Top secret facilities should have free access elevators. Cameras are enough.

4. Every character in the show should at some point get fighting skills. Again, preferably overnight. Years of training gives you nothing over someone who took one self defence class.

5. Melodrama is the key to quality TV. Insert some whenever you can. This is especially true in the case of love interests of superheroes. Complicate any relationship you can. Love triangles always do the trick. Ooh, don't forget secrets and lies. That's the heart of every show.

6. Forget reason and logic. It's overrated.

7. Use retcons when out of ideas. The viewers are stupid. They won't notice the plot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by fantom zoner
        First time poster on the Flash forums. I'm enjoying this show, but can't help cringe at the CWishness of it. After watching Smallville, Arrow and Flash, I figure they have guidelines for making those shows.

Guidelines for Making a superhero show on the CW:

1. Have a hacker. Can't have a show without a hacker. Preferably, hacking skills should be gained overnight.

2. Superheroes are impotent, therefore can't solve problems on their own. Give them someone who is really smart, and can tell them what to do

3. Access to secured places should be free to everyone. Anyone should be able to get into the secured mansions of the rich; Top secret facilities should have free access elevators. Cameras are enough.

4. Every character in the show should at some point get fighting skills. Again, preferably overnight. Years of training gives you nothing over someone who took one self defence class.

5. Melodrama is the key to quality TV. Insert some whenever you can. This is especially true in the case of love interests of superheroes. Complicate any relationship you can. Love triangles always do the trick. Ooh, don't forget secrets and lies. That's the heart of every show.

6. Forget reason and logic. It's overrated.

7. Use retcons when out of ideas. The viewers are stupid. They won't notice the plot holes.

Thanks for making me laugh!!

Now, I wish somebody would make a list of the top 5-10 lines mandatory for all CW hero shows. I don't have a good enough memory to list them, but I know them when I hear them and my nominee for the #1 line would be: "All I've ever wanted is for you to be happy..." (to be delivered with a woeful and earnestly soul-searching look; eyebrows inverted)

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent

Thanks for making me laugh!!

Now, I wish somebody would make a list of the top 5-10 lines mandatory for all CW hero shows. I don't have a good enough memory to list them, but I know them when I hear them and my nominee for the #1 line would be: "All I've ever wanted is for you to be happy..." (to be delivered with a woeful and earnestly soul-searching look; eyebrows inverted)
          No problem

Nice idea! Here's another one for you: "Sometimes, you have to keep secrets to protect the ones you love"/ "Knowing my secret will only put her/him in danger" (usually said about a person who often gets into dangerous situations)

Comment

Originally posted by fantom zoner
            No problem

Nice idea! Here's another one for you: "Sometimes, you have to keep secrets to protect the ones you love"/ "Knowing my secret will only put her/him in danger" (usually said about a person who often gets into dangerous situations)
            --- oh, yes! That one should take the #1 spot and I'll move the "all I've ever wanted is for you to be happy" to #2

Comment

Haha! yeah, there totally needs to be a thread just for that. thanks for the laugh.

Maybe even mix it with DC rules sometimes too, snice how a lot of those superhero shows are DC. And I have to say DC's "rules" for their universes can get pretty stupid at times. Like the one where they say that Lex Luthor is always evil no matter what, regardless of his upbringing. There was elseworld/Alternate universes stories out there where he was practically brought up in the same upbringing as Clark Kent. Nice family, same farm background, etc. Yet he still turned evil, even though he literally had zero motivation or any reasons for his evil actions. As an comic reader I found that to be kind of frustrating, especially when they brought that DC rule over to Smallville. Honestly I think Lionel Luthor was far of a compelling villain than Lex Luthor was, and as an result I have never really brought the idea that Lionel Luthor was truly redeemed. I honestly think it would had been far more convicing if Lex Luthor was the redeemed one... but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                Haha! yeah, there totally needs to be a thread just for that. thanks for the laugh.

Maybe even mix it with DC rules sometimes too, snice how a lot of those superhero shows are DC. And I have to say DC's "rules" for their universes can get pretty stupid at times. Like the one where they say that Lex Luthor is always evil no matter what, regardless of his upbringing. There was elseworld/Alternate universes stories out there where he was practically brought up in the same upbringing as Clark Kent. Nice family, same farm background, etc. Yet he still turned evil, even though he literally had zero motivation or any reasons for his evil actions. As an comic reader I found that to be kind of frustrating, especially when they brought that DC rule over to Smallville. Honestly I think Lionel Luthor was far of a compelling villain than Lex Luthor was, and as an result I have never really brought the idea that Lionel Luthor was truly redeemed. I honestly think it would had been far more convicing if Lex Luthor was the redeemed one... but what do I know?
                To be fair, Lionel had to become Jor-El's vessel for that to happen.

Comment

Oh yeah, getting possessed by an Alien AI turns you good....It makes totally makes sense! Not. *rolls eyes*
                  Especially when you consider that the same Alien AI did things that was much worse than what Lionel did most of the time.... like lasering an S into Clark's chest and torturing him when he refused to do as it demanded. Killing off people.... the list goes on. He was a Super-abusive father figure to Clark Kent/Kal-El, and is a delusional AI who thinks that it's Clark's biological father.
                  How the heck does a computer AI THAT EVIL manage to redeem Lionel Luthor by possessing him like a meat-puppet? If anything that level of evil should had made Lionel twice as evil and even more scheming. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                    Oh yeah, getting possessed by an Alien AI turns you good....It makes totally makes sense! Not. *rolls eyes*
                    Especially when you consider that the same Alien AI did things that was much worse than what Lionel did most of the time.... like lasering an S into Clark's chest and torturing him when he refused to do as it demanded. Killing off people.... the list goes on. He was a Super-abusive father figure to Clark Kent/Kal-El, and is a delusional AI who thinks that it's Clark's biological father.
                    How the heck does a computer AI THAT EVIL manage to redeem Lionel Luthor by possessing him like a meat-puppet? If anything that level of evil should had made Lionel twice as evil and even more scheming. Just my two cents.
                    I just stated what the show stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Yes, I believe this is one of the few topics on which we agree.
                      Then why'd you say otherwise?
                      Not when you've outlined a single, highly specific, scenario and indicated that it is the ONLY possible thing that you consider a viable option. I was responding to speople saying that the ONLY way he'll accept their entering that room is if RF is setting them up. There's already been speculation that Gideon is working against RF. In fact, I'm pretty sure speople was the first person to come up with that theory. If Gideon is working against RF, that seems a reasonable alternate scenario that also adequately explains what we've seen.

Others have also theorized that the "soul" of the original Harrison Wells was absorbed by Eobard during the transference. What if the original Wells is fighting Eobard from within and is causing RF to leave bread crumbs without his being consciously aware of it? Heck, if that happens, I'm going to have to buy CSIFlash a beer.

I'm fine with saying "I don't like that it happened this way, but I'll wait for the whole thing to play out before saying it's outright bad". I have a problem with saying "If they don't explain it exactly this way, and only this way, it's outright bad". One is a perfectly valid criticism. The other is not.
                      Not necessarily.

Comment

'Who Is Harrison Wells?' is a good episode. The flash fought a shape changer in this one. He managed to defeat this on with some help. It seem that the villain of the episode forgotten what he used to look like. I can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎